Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 23:58   #211
Senior - BHPian

this does look like the new Fiesta. If it is, then I will not feel bad. I am sure they wont be releasing the S model for a LONG LONG time (moo haa haa haa)
Old 16th September 2009, 00:30   #212
BHPian

It surely looks like the old Fiesta MK5 model 5 door hatch with a new nose. Frankly would have preferred the original nose on it and not the plastic surgery version. Being lighter than the Fusion, Fiesta Sedan, and probably the Ikon, it would be a good ride with a 1.4 Diesel in the city.

I doubt if any S version with the 1.6 L power-plant is heading this way.
Old 16th September 2009, 11:52   #213
BHPian

IMO , Shape looks similar to Fusion , hopefully if we get the same TDCi engine should help ford get some decent nos .

Last edited by rm_arjuna : 16th September 2009 at 11:54.
Old 16th September 2009, 23:05   #214
BHPian

The new Ford small car will be unvieled by Ford CEO Allan Mullaly on 24th Sep. At least that is what my sources tell me
Old 17th September 2009, 14:19   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
The new Ford small car will be unvieled by Ford CEO Allan Mullaly on 24th Sep. At least that is what my sources tell me
Sounds good!

I just got a call from a 'Planet Ford' (Ford dealer in Pune) executive, I had requested for a Test Drive of the Fusion diesel. He said, Fusion is not available for a Test drive at the moment. He also informed that most likely Ford are not going to supply any more Fusions in the future to dealerships. He mentioned that a couple of bookings made atleast 2 months back are still awaiting delivery of their cars. I then went on to enquire about the new Ford small car. He said its most likely coming before the end of this year, as early as November. In all probability, he was making a calculated guess based on the information he had from Ford India.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:21   #216
BHPian

FORD Small Car "Splash" - 23rd September

Hi all,
Just got the news buzz that Ford is going to formally announce the launch of its small car "SPLASH" on 23rd September.
While it will not be a vehicle launch, the media has been called in formally as FORD plans to give out details of the car in terms of Specs/Features, price indication and actual timeline for vehicle launch.

I immediately spoke to a freind in the media and he confirmed having received the info from FORD.

Current details available:
Name: SPLASH (this is the reason why MSIL had to call its Splash as Ritz in India)
Engine: 1.2L
Price range: approx 3.0 ~ 4.5 Lakhs

Sources inform that Ford plans to target this vehicle as a mass seller and the base variant will not have AC or power steering (similar to the M800 strategy)
Will keep updated as I get more info.

Request all to confirm from sources if any more info is available.

Last edited by karpusv : 18th September 2009 at 19:22.
Old 18th September 2009, 19:28   #217
BHPian

Good info Karpsuv but i read same info in ACI website that vehicle will be launched in march 2010,but not the date of thier media
Old 18th September 2009, 19:35   #218
BHPian

Sorry mods for immediate post, but just got a call from another media friend.

They say the car will have headlmaps similar to Ikon and body structure resembles the Fusion.
An interesting entry at that price I guess.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:30   #219
Senior - BHPian

Low Price and cost of ownership will no doubt be good for ford, but the car does not deserve to sell until it expands its dealer network. Only 2 dealers in Delhi? Sorry Ford.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:37   #220
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Sources inform that Ford plans to target this vehicle as a mass seller and the base variant will not have AC or power steering (similar to the M800 strategy)
Omitting the A/C and power steering from the base variant can only help to boast of a low sticker price for the base version (ala the Tata Nano), but i doubt there would be takers for it.

After all, how many base variants of the Alto does Maruti sell? Almost all i get to see are the LX version, having an A/C.
Old 18th September 2009, 20:46   #221
BHPian

Yeah. I second that. It would be foolish of Ford if they introduce a vehicle without an A/C and Power steering. And considering they want to make it as a mass seller, there would not be high acceptance for a car that doesn't have an A/C or power steering as these are the 2 things that would be desired by anyone.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:04   #222
oss
BHPian

Ford Small Car Teaser Ad

Did you guys check out the teaser running on the Ford India website. Guess the small car will be launched this week

SCOOP !! Ford's new small car for India (with Spy Pics). Update launched now Figo!-fordsc.jpg
Old 21st September 2009, 10:37   #223
Senior - BHPian

How do you know its this week? It only says coming soon. Or did you ask someone from Ford about it?
Old 21st September 2009, 10:48   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
How do you know its this week? It only says coming soon. Or did you ask someone from Ford about it?
According to 'what car', car is going to be unveiled in September (this month) but going to be on sale rom March, 2010.
Old 21st September 2009, 10:53   #225
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Allan Mullaly is in India day after tomorrow. Can't be for nothing, right
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks