Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2007, 02:02   #61
Senior - BHPian

I so wish it to be the Verve that makes it to our shores instead of the current UK fiesta.
Old 17th November 2007, 05:28   #62
Senior - BHPian

Nice work ben. Good to know that we still have many faithful in-house scoop meisters!

The Verve is still a concept, which means it would be a while before the road version is introduced in India.

If they choose to bring in the current Fiesta hatch, they are likely to price it close to the Getz, which would mean goodbyes for the Fusion. Ford are not known to pass on the small car tax exemptions to its customers. Shame, because the Fusion and the Fiesta hatch are fine driving machines.
Old 17th November 2007, 07:37   #63
Team-BHP Support

This gets confusing when Ford plan to import Mazda kits for small cars. More here
Old 17th November 2007, 08:14   #64
Senior - BHPian

Well, it seems that the Indian car market is headed for a lot of clutter with a number of similar cars in the same category from all manufacturers.

The Fiesta hatch will be in roughly the same segment as the Fusion with similar mechanicals and dimensions. If not priced sensibly, it will not bring much cheer to Ford India.
Old 17th November 2007, 08:27   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The Verve is still a concept, which means it would be a while before the road version is introduced in India.

Yea, I think Sidindica was just speculating about the Verve and we dont really have any concrete information about it coming to India as yet.

However I dont think it would make any sence to launch the current generation Fiesta hatch.
Old 17th November 2007, 08:29   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
The Fiesta hatch will be in roughly the same segment as the Fusion with similar mechanicals and dimensions. If not priced sensibly, it will not bring much cheer to Ford India.
The Fusion is actually a stretched and bigger version of the Fiesta. A smaller and cheaper Fiesta would definatly do well in the Indian market.
Old 17th November 2007, 09:17   #67
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
to dampen your spirits, this is NOT the fiesta hatch back coming to india. instead, it is a test mule for the upcoming new ford small car to be produced globally by ford in many countries, INCLUDING OURS.
the pics you posted...thats the new fiesta thats to be launched in europe in late 2008 or 2009. why would it be a test mule here for a next generation vehicle !? dont make sense at all. your theory does not hold water. this has to be the fiesta (current gen) that they're gonna launch here in the near future.

Last edited by NIP : 17th November 2007 at 09:22.
Old 17th November 2007, 13:28   #68
kkk

The plan is to launch the existing European Fiesta 2 years from now with slight modification on the exterior. This is from credible sources within Ford. 2009 European Fiesta would be too expensive for our market......
Old 17th November 2007, 20:05   #69
BHPian

I think the current UK/Mid-East Fiesta is a great car for India. What engine do you think they'll fit in in there? The Ikon 1.3 pushrod or the 1.4 from the current Indian Fiesta?
I suspect this might also be a replacement for a vehicle that's being flogged for too long now - (the Old Fiesta if my memory serves me right, albeit extended to be a notchback) - the Ikon
Old 18th November 2007, 04:27   #70
BHPian

There was a Ford Service guy who came home to pick up my Ikon 1.6 for service. I casually asked "When are you launching the small car? - Saw some photos in the internet" - He said - "Not now sir! It will take at least 6 more months" - So, we might have something concrete in not so distant future :-)
Old 19th November 2007, 09:36   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
no..verve is not a concept now. it is the New Ford Fiesta. check out the Spy Pics. here is the link

Ford Fiesta Caught Undisguised
Old 19th November 2007, 11:45   #72
BHPian

Ford were supposed to be working on a small hatchback called Ford Fly in South America

Ford Fly - Eis o sucessor do Ka no Brasil. - FÓRUM AUTOHOJE ONLINE

which had a chance to be launched in India as well.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:01   #73
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta Hatch will be an amazing car. It will be the performance benchmark for Hatchbacks.
Old 19th November 2007, 12:10   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
to dampen your spirits, this is NOT the fiesta hatch back coming to india. instead, it is a test mule for the upcoming new ford small car to be produced globally by ford in many countries, INCLUDING OURS.
While i wish you were true, for the moment ,to me it looks like its the Fiesta hatch from the pics i posted which would make it to India.
Old 20th November 2007, 14:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

Ford showed off it's global small car plans at Auto Guangzhou. After the Verve hatch it's the Verve notchback that was showcased. Based on the Ford Verve, Ford says it's the successor to the Fiesta.

Quote:
Phil Spender, Chief Operation Officer of Ford Motor (China) Ltd. said, “Our future small car is being developed as a global car. It will be designed in Europe, engineered in Germany and manufactured globally.
I think if it's good enough to be shown to Chinese consumers then it should be good enough for Indian consumers too.

Could this be the all new Ford Fiesta for us maybe in 2010?

Souce: Global Auto Index.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks