Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2007, 11:00   #1
BHPian

Serious Problem: CNG or LPG to run the vehicles to avoid Apocalypse?

Apocalypse soon if warming continues

Petrol and Diesel Vehicles are also responsible for Global Warming. We should start installing CNG to avoid it? Think, lakhs of cars, buses, trucks, scooters, bikes on Indian Roads, how many of them can clear the pollution tests?

Source to read:
Apocalypse soon if warming continues- Hindustan Times

What should be the best alternative for this? I guess a CNG, or Hydrogen or Electrical Vehicles or Steam Vehicles or more.. which i don't know.

What will be the future of petrol and diesel vehicles?

It is the public who need to take some steps as polititians and govt. are illeterates and they don't know what is global warming, all they know how to make money.

Best step:
Convert the cars to CNG for City Use, cities where CNG is not available, LPG should be the best alternative.

But only 1 person will think of it out of 1 lakh, people psychology says 1000s of cars running on petrol and diesel, what will happen if i starts running my car on cng or LPG. Same Psychological factor opted by lakhs of people, and nothing will happen. Call center cabs running their indicas, taveras, suno giving hell lot of smokes.

Delhi's pollution level drastically gone down after all the buses changed to CNG. It can again go down, if vehicles start running on CNG or LPG.

I felt a real fresh air when i was in laddakh. No pollution. Wow! i was feeling the freshness in my body, wish our cities could have this type of fresh air.

Anyways, please read this source...
Apocalypse soon if warming continues- Hindustan Times

Comments please, this is a serious problem.

If anyone wants to see the true face of Apocalypse then please watch the movie "DAY AFTER TOMMORROW".

This will be the future of our planet.

For Mods: Please move this thread to the best place of the forum. I found Indian Cars Scene to be the best.

Thanx.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 18th November 2007 at 11:10.
Old 18th November 2007, 11:36   #2
BHPian

Agree,

In a city drive condition one can hardly notice the difference between a car running on Petrol and a car on CNG. A compromise of 5-10% of power saves about 75% on the bills. Delhi region has many many pumps but i just dont get why people hesitate for installing CNG.

My suggestion is use CNG and Metro.
Old 18th November 2007, 11:42   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjdesigns_2000 View Post
Agree,

In a city drive condition one can hardly notice the difference between a car running on Petrol and a car on CNG. A compromise of 5-10% of power saves about 75% on the bills. Delhi region has many many pumps but i just dont get why people hesitate for installing CNG.

My suggestion is use CNG and Metro.
Here is an excellent article in our forum breaking all the myths about LPG/CNG conversion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...arision-9.html

Here is a poll on why people don't do it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onversion.html
Old 18th November 2007, 13:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Here is an excellent article in our forum breaking all the myths about LPG/CNG conversion.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modify...arision-9.html

Here is a poll on why people don't do it

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onversion.html
Yes, it will harm the engine a bit and it needs more attention than the petrol. but what the global warming?

Now, we all know Number of CABS like tata indica, suno, qualis, taveras are increasing day by day. The way they drive and the way they produce pollution is pathetic. Govt. should ban such type of vehicles.

Just because of this reason govt. may close the new registrations of the diesel cars.
Old 18th November 2007, 14:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Some questions that the government should answer are:

1.) Have they done any study to see how much pollution is caused by bad roads? Poorly maintained and zero road infrastructure results in cars crawling at 10kmph in 1st or 2nd gears all the time. How much would pollution reduce if government could provide roads that could result in speeds of at least 60kmph?

2.) While they keep penalising car companies with Euro IV and V norms, the delays in implementation of these norms happens because the government owned and controlled oil companies are not ready with fuels that are compliant with these strict norms.

3.) How many Taxi's, Auto's, buses and trucks have a valid PUC? Most of the time the RTO's just take money and pass these vehicles. Taxi drivers go on strike and the government caves into them immediately. For some reason, taxi drivers have made it seem like stringent PUC checks are harassment of poor people by the government. These idiots forget that a polluting taxi affects the driver and his family as much as it affects the Mercedes owner. Ditto for corrupt RTO officers.

4.) I fail to understand why the government cannot use free solar power to reduce pollution. India is blessed with abundant solar power. Public transit buses, taxi's, billboards, road lights, traffic lights all can be switched to solar power.

5.) Why can't the government use waterways where avaliable? Why can't there be a ferry from Borivli to Nariman Point for example that can take cars also? Imagine the reduction in traffic on our roads if each ferry has a capacity of taking 50 cars. What about cost effective hovercrafts?

In India we try to find simplistic solutions to everything. The government will not provide us with roads even after taking all kinds of tolls but talk about congestion toll and odd and even number cars being allowed on our roads each day. They will not give any training to would be drivers and issue licences by taking bribes and then fine and imprision drivers for rash driving. In India, the government has no responsiblity. Everything is shoved into the faces of honest tax paying citizens. They will build poorly designed roads with no signboards and then blame drivers for the high casualities on our roads. They will start construction work on the roads overnight with no properly visible warning sign and when there is an accident they will conviniantly blame it on drunk and/or rash driving.
Old 18th November 2007, 15:07   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Some questions that the government should answer are:

1.) Have they done any study to see how much pollution is caused by bad roads? Poorly maintained and zero road infrastructure results in cars crawling at 10kmph in 1st or 2nd gears all the time. How much would pollution reduce if government could provide roads that could result in speeds of at least 60kmph?

2.) While they keep penalising car companies with Euro IV and V norms, the delays in implementation of these norms happens because the government owned and controlled oil companies are not ready with fuels that are compliant with these strict norms.

3.) How many Taxi's, Auto's, buses and trucks have a valid PUC? Most of the time the RTO's just take money and pass these vehicles. Taxi drivers go on strike and the government caves into them immediately. For some reason, taxi drivers have made it seem like stringent PUC checks are harassment of poor people by the government. These idiots forget that a polluting taxi affects the driver and his family as much as it affects the Mercedes owner. Ditto for corrupt RTO officers.

4.) I fail to understand why the government cannot use free solar power to reduce pollution. India is blessed with abundant solar power. Public transit buses, taxi's, billboards, road lights, traffic lights all can be switched to solar power.

5.) Why can't the government use waterways where avaliable? Why can't there be a ferry from Borivli to Nariman Point for example that can take cars also? Imagine the reduction in traffic on our roads if each ferry has a capacity of taking 50 cars. What about cost effective hovercrafts?

In India we try to find simplistic solutions to everything. The government will not provide us with roads even after taking all kinds of tolls but talk about congestion toll and odd and even number cars being allowed on our roads each day. They will not give any training to would be drivers and issue licences by taking bribes and then fine and imprision drivers for rash driving. In India, the government has no responsiblity. Everything is shoved into the faces of honest tax paying citizens. They will build poorly designed roads with no signboards and then blame drivers for the high casualities on our roads. They will start construction work on the roads overnight with no properly visible warning sign and when there is an accident they will conviniantly blame it on drunk and/or rash driving.
Very well said.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks