Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2008, 22:56   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Well let me just say i actually saw i20's being unloaded

Elito
Ok. You Rock! Period.

Did you find out anything about the feature list in Magna/Asta? Are there ABS/Airbags in Magna?
Old 26th December 2008, 01:17   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Ok. You Rock! Period.

Did you find out anything about the feature list in Magna/Asta? Are there ABS/Airbags in Magna?
Sorry. Actually = Almost

@gangsta Yes at HMP mathura road.

@reppy - Sorry buddy no idea about the feature list.

The thing is my source at HMP told me about i20's arriving at HMP. He SAW them, NOT me. Another friend visited HMP today as he is buying a Santro and i asked him to check out the i20, he told me the sales exec confirmed the i20's ARE IN STOCK but they are waiting for it to be launched and before that he cannot show it to him.

I will be going there next week (monday or tuesday) along with my friend to check out his Santro on arrival (its in transit) so will try and get a dekho then!

Thanks

Elito
Old 26th December 2008, 01:37   #123
BHPian

Hyundai will launch the i20 in a ceremony scheduled for the 29th December at
New Delhi Grand hotel
Source-: IndiBlog
Old 26th December 2008, 09:33   #124
BHPian

In the market for a new hatchback now to replace my swift (not selling the swift though).
Do you think this i20 (1.2 kappa) will have enough power for the i20 (as its a bigger vehicle than the i10), 'coz I have driven the Getz (1.3) extensively & found it to be underpowered , rather it lacked throttle response.

Or should i go in for a Swift Diesel , as getting ready delivery on a white one (plus Pete's is always there).

I'll try to contact my friend at HMP for more info on the i20.
Old 26th December 2008, 10:17   #125
Team-BHP Support

Confirmed.

Delhi launch on 29 December.
Old 26th December 2008, 10:22   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Confirmed.

Delhi launch on 29 December.
Any idea about the prices mate ? I'm almost about to book the Swift Zxi. :|
Old 26th December 2008, 10:43   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Any idea about the prices mate ? I'm almost about to book the Swift Zxi. :|
Starts at 4.8l ex showroom delhi. I have no further details on this abhi. Will let you know if I get to hear more.
Old 26th December 2008, 11:28   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Starts at 4.8l ex showroom delhi. I have no further details on this abhi. Will let you know if I get to hear more.
4.8 ex-showroom!!! Are you sure its i20 you are talking about and not Splash or something

Knowing Hyundai cannot imagine this price for i20!
Old 26th December 2008, 11:30   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
4.8 ex-showroom!!! Are you sure its i20 you are talking about and not Splash or something

Knowing Hyundai cannot imagine this price for i20!
I think for a bare-boned 1.2 Kappa, the price can be justified. Make it 5.5 ex-showroom and it'll meet the Fabia fate.
Old 26th December 2008, 11:59   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think for a bare-boned 1.2 Kappa, the price can be justified. Make it 5.5 ex-showroom and it'll meet the Fabia fate.
Oh I was just questioning Hyundai pricing (looking at past). i10 itself is overpriced. Surprisingly it is selling well (lack of competition?)
I just cant believe i20 would be available for a price less than i10!
Old 26th December 2008, 12:07   #131
BHPian

Spoke to dealer in Pune, they said the launch is in Jan, so far they do not have any information on Pricing, specification, engine etc.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:11   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Oh I was just questioning Hyundai pricing (looking at past). i10 itself is overpriced. Surprisingly it is selling well (lack of competition?)
I just cant believe i20 would be available for a price less than i10!
For someone like me who's looking a Swift-range vehicle, the Fabia is overpriced, the Getz is underpowered (Petrol) and thats about it. The WagonR/Santro and all are like 2 segments below. So the only other option is the i10. With the Kappa engine, and really wonderful interiors, the i10 makes a great city drive and sells well. Mind you only the Era/Magna versions sell well. I've rarely seen the Sportz/Asta versions.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:21   #133
BHPian

Quote:
For someone like me who's looking a Swift-range vehicle, the Fabia is overpriced, the Getz is underpowered (Petrol) and thats about it. The WagonR/Santro and all are like 2 segments below. So the only other option is the i10. With the Kappa engine, and really wonderful interiors, the i10 makes a great city drive and sells well. Mind you only the Era/Magna versions sell well. I've rarely seen the Sportz/Asta versions.
For you i20 would be a better choice "IF" and only "IF" they price it correctly. No offense meant to Hyundai lovers but looking at the history, Hyundai has been consistent in making cars that are either underpowered or overpriced OR both. Take example of Getz, petrol sibling is underpowered and CRDI is overpriced.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:39   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Fabia Diesel is overpriced but Petrol pricing is not that bad. 1.2 Ambiente costs under 6.5 lakhs (on road Delhi price) and is fabulously equipped. It is much better than Swift Zxi (that costs about 50k less). Swift Zxi also doesnt sell much. By the way, I do see quite a bit of Fabias around nowdays in Delhi/Noida. It looks like it is not doing so bad in this part of the world.

The only problem with Fabia is Skoda A.S.S. and price of spares/accessories.
Old 26th December 2008, 12:48   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Hyundai has been consistent in making cars that are either underpowered or overpriced OR both. Take example of Getz, petrol sibling is underpowered and CRDI is overpriced.
Overpowered cars should also be added in there.
Hyundai has given us some really powerful Diesels. Haven't they?
They were the ones who got the CRDi technology in India else we would have only had Tatas with their TDis.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks