Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2008, 10:33   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

On second thoughts, the headlights also look like they have evolved (got bigger) from the Getz Prime's HL.
Old 6th September 2008, 11:34   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
The front hood gives me a Fabia-ish feel - Anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Dont know about the hood, but the lights are Vista-ish! In fact from a distance, this looks like the Vista. Or maybe its the same color body and all that jazz!!
To me, it looks better than both Fabia and Vista. It's a hot-looking hatch indeed. Hyundai seems to have got its act right in designing good-looking cars this year. They've set right their awful designs of yesteryears like the Santro (not Xing, but the old model) and the Verna.
i10 is a radical departure from that legacy, and i20 seems to follow suit.
Old 6th September 2008, 13:05   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To me, it looks better than both Fabia and Vista.

To my eyes, the i20 = Front of i10 + Rear of Getz.

BUT, it's worked really well. The design is very European. Good job Hyundai!
Old 6th September 2008, 14:28   #64
BHPian

Same here.I feel i20 is a great looking hatch.
Old 6th September 2008, 16:49   #65
BHPian

BS article mentioned that the India launch will be early next year. The exports will start first it seems.
Old 8th September 2008, 09:11   #66
BHPian

Check this
Hyundai has revealed some info on i20. They are keeping Getz along with i20
This is what Hyundai i20 looks like
Old 8th September 2008, 12:38   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Check this
Hyundai has revealed some info on i20. They are keeping Getz along with i20
This is what Hyundai i20 looks like
Never been a fan of Rediff.com (not review, not email, nothing!) - and this article goes to show that they ready TBHP and a few other sites, and compiled report without giving credits to anyone!
Old 17th September 2008, 17:05   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To me, it looks better than both Fabia and Vista. It's a hot-looking hatch indeed. Hyundai seems to have got its act right in designing good-looking cars this year. They've set right their awful designs of yesteryears like the Santro (not Xing, but the old model) and the Verna.
i10 is a radical departure from that legacy, and i20 seems to follow suit.
the front is more VW scirocco-ish but the skoda design of the ribs on the hood is what gives it the fabia look.
Old 20th November 2008, 00:02   #69
BHPian

Hyundai i20 - PIC and possible debut in India

Now sure if this is true but this article says that Hyundai I20 is going to be launched before year end in Hyundai. And look at the pic - wow , yummy - a striking masculine design.

Source

Hyundai has a trick up its sleeve, and that car is the all new i20 sub-compact that was unveiled at the Paris Motor Show in the first week of October this year. The car will make its Indian debut at the end of November if all goes to plan. Vikram Gour reveals more about this compact segment winner.

The 'i' fixture on the latest Hyundai cars are more than just a nomenclature gimic, for in these cars lie the true spirit of the 'i-gen', or today's youth. Just like the name suggests, it's all about being alive, playful, youthful and fun spirited. India has already borne witness to one such car with the 'i' prefix, namely the i10, which has lived up to its individualistic spirited attitude. The next car that takes the prefix forward is the much awaited sub compact i20, which is more than just a significant addition to the new generation of Hyundai vehicles.

Designed at Hyundai's European Design Centre in Russelsheim, Germany, the i20 can best be described as individual-chic. The sleek 5-door hatch, which incidentally replaces the Getz model worldwide, rides on a longer wheelbase than its predecessor, which immediately translates to the fact that the slick new i20 is expected to have a more spacious interior architecture. The car also features Hyundai's distinctive design motifs, namely, a bold chrome-topped grille flanked by piercing teardrop headlamps at the front and striking stacked rear light clusters. Adding to the element of design attitude are the rather robust modern lines that accentuate a hint of sportiness in this sub-compact hatch.

Interior levels are said to be class leading and will come with a generous amount of standard equipment.

Fitting in with Hyundai's theme of producing global vehicles, the i20 has been designed and engineered to meet European standards. It's a new platform that boasts of better driving dynamics - something we'll get to know soon enough. Incidentally the i20, like its smaller sibling, the i10, will be manufactured at Hyundai Motor India's manufacturing facility in Chennai, which aligns with HMIL's plans of making India their small car manufacturing hub.

To be launched around the same time as rival Maruti Suzuki's A-Star, the i20, though not in direct competition, is ready to battle it out from the word 'go'.

There might be an economic slowdown, and the numbers are getting crunched somewhere in the mechanism of banking, bureaucracy and business but even if the auto industry is hit, it sure doesn't seem like it with the likes of these new launches. It might be a cold winter ahead, but the A2 segment is sure going to heat things up this year end. It's a wait and watch game, and everyone should tune in!
Old 20th November 2008, 11:11   #70
BHPian

its a good looking car, would like to see the price range they are going to put this in to!

I don't know if this has been discussed here, is this going to be against the Swift (i think its obvious)?
Old 20th November 2008, 11:23   #71
BHPian

Thread exists already!

@greatpower : A Thread dedicated to Hyundai i20 already exists.

May be you should use that to post the news.
Old 20th November 2008, 11:59   #72
BHPian

There are already many threads about i20 having more data. Why we need new?
Old 20th November 2008, 12:59   #73

A star is already here but no sign of I20.

I think Hyundai is again loosing the plot to their own world thinking
Old 20th November 2008, 13:10   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetkr View Post
A star is already here but no sign of I20.

I think Hyundai is again loosing the plot to their own world thinking
Is i20 a competitor to A-Star?
I dont think so.
Old 20th November 2008, 13:41   #75
Senior - BHPian

Even i10 is not a A-star competitor

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks