Team-BHP - TATA-ISRO to develop Hydrogen Fuel Cell car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   TATA-ISRO to develop Hydrogen Fuel Cell car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/31699-tata-isro-develop-hydrogen-fuel-cell-car.html)

TATA will work on the car and ISRO will provide the fuel cell technology. They want to see if hydrogen can be used to fuel automobiles. Hello ! there's a production car that is using this technology and here they want to see if its possible.
Tata-ISRO team up to launch hydrogen-powered vehicle-India Business-Business-The Times of India

That's very good news.clap: Hope they succeed and start making those cars with in couple of years.

Guess thats great to indegeniosly develop this as the technology itself is expensive

TISRO Indica version 5 with satellite boosters, cryogenic engines, hydrogen fuelled and emits water !! and of course with airbags, and abs! :D

This car if comes, ZOOOOOOOOOOOOM. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeekSrik (Post 635063)
TISRO Indica version 5 with satellite boosters, cryogenic engines, hydrogen fuelled and emits water !! and of course with airbags, and abs! :D

ha ha Indica V5 this is very funny.

Hope they come out with a hydrogen powered car and not blowing hydrogen cars on the roads.

No room for user trials in this, TATA.

What is happening to this country?

This is utter nonsense and waste of time. All available data shows that any hydrogem fuel cell vehicle costs more to run and has higher manufacturing costs as well. Bigger impact on enviornment as well, unless someone figures out to do fusion on the cheap. Might as well keep using gasoline/diesel. Or spend the money on proper urbanization + public trasnportation.

ISRO should focus on developing capacity to launch 1 satellite per month + heavier payloads aka Ariane class. All these mission to moon, fuel cell is such BS, one wonders if some vested ineterest have hijacked ISRO and keep on peddling these feel good projects instead of other far more pragmatic goals.

If fuel cells are to be researched and made, they should be for the Indian Navy because they can actually use these in submarines for litterol warfare. Here, ISRO might be of some help. But then they need more relevant partner than TATA.

PS: Honda have already "shown" that hydrogen can be used to power automobiles with the Clarity in California. Why are these dhimmis hell bent on going down the same dead end? Madness.

I second the thought that its a waste of time. ISRO is involved because as their chief said "we have experience of handling hydrogen". Thats a lame statement. They dont have fuel cell experience.

We all know what TATA can do with a car. They want to prove something here. I think they will not even come closer to what the others have done. People are working on this for more than ten years.

TATA should concentrate more on their hybrid programme since all parts are available off the shelf and can try to solve the cost problem with availability of cheaper labour.

The hydrogen project is quite an old one where SIAM is coordinating efforts amongst various vehicle manufacturers to introduce hydrogen-run vehicles. For example, AL is developing a commercial truck, Eicher a LCV, Telco the car, M&M a SUV and so on. If teh joint project is on schedule, one should see some hydrogen vehicles by next year

Hydrogen run vehicles could be of two types.
One that uses hydrogen in a IC engine (I realised that ICE is taken by the audio guys which is not right!!).
The other is using fuel cell stacks to generate electricity and power the motor.

Many consider Hydrogen a good alternative to Oil because it allows the energy generated by a nuclear plant (fission not fusion) to be used to split water to generate hydrogen and then use hydrogen as fuel. The idea is apparently not so much as whether the whole cycle is as efficient as Oil (don't know the answer) but given $100/barrel and dim future of supplies, what is the alternative ? Batteries are of course another option. Probably we will see multiple technologies co-existing - Hydrogen (from nuclear energy) for fuel cells and aeroplanes (??), bio-diesel, batteries ?
Will Oil last another 50 years ?

Well if i remember there was some news about the delhi commonwealth games will have fuel cell run buses and not cars to ferry the athletes from the ground to the games city. Did anyone hear about that

I think Reva bangalore also had plans for the hydrogen fuel cell cars. Don't know what happened after that

people might be right or wrong in saying hydrogen fuel says are not very neccesary right now and its very true that there are other choices also but frankly i feel ISRO is one of the most efficient organizations in our country and im proud of that!!
and i don't doubt their abilities:)
and im sure they could handle many more projects along with this one as suggested by the other bhpians here