Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 13:32   #1
BHPian

BMW M3 coming to India in January

Looks like BMW is all set to release the M3 in India in Jan '08.

Read the news report here
http://wheels.indiatimes.com/article...90,curpg-1.cms
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:07   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Yup, KBK already spilled the beans in another thread. But I will hold my excitement until the official pricing is announced. Or is the 74 lakh official Beemer pricing? That makes it 80+ lakh on the road!
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
That makes it 80+ lakh on the road!
I think in this range, we should be interested on speculating what will be used price after 5-6 years at least
Old 23rd November 2007, 17:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

I read BMW is also thinking to launch the convertibles (3 series), any news on that?
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:10   #5
BHPian

and since we are talking about the M3, here are a few photos of the M3 I took at the Dubai Auto Show which happened recently.

Old 23rd November 2007, 20:11   #6
BHPian

Rant Alert

I just couldnt control my disappointment - A big rant ahead! Lovers of peace, please excuse or skip.

I am quite positive I am a well paid software engineer (dont tell my boss , been in the industry for over 7 years. But, still I am unable to buy even an entry level 3 series, let alone forget M3s and M5s. Cars are so disproportially priced. (I am sure there are thousand rants in the similar line, but let me vent my pent up frustrations )

A software engineer of equivalent experience in a similar domain, would make 120K+ in US. BMW 3 series start about 29K USD. That is 25% of one's salary. A good software engineer of my experience may make 10-15L p.a (not me!). A BMW 3 series is priced 35L+ on road. Thats a !#$#$@ 2-3X the annual salary. The same holds for every damned car in India.

80L on road for M3? Puhlease... This is meant for people who are born into rich families, kid geniuses who make money in .com, savvy business men (typically with black money) and kids of politicians (I dont belong to any of the above :( )

Looks like hard-working self made people (some solace for my self image ) may not be able to buy one when they are young. I really dont care what I drive when I am 80, let alone if I reach the age.

Time to get back to Eckhart Tolle / Yoga Vaashishta to cool my nerves. Let me see when I'll be able to buy a beemer (I hope Universe exists till then- Honey, I think I doomed the universe | NEWS.com.au)

Regards
Sriram
Old 23rd November 2007, 21:01   #7
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
I read BMW is also thinking to launch the convertibles (3 series), any news on that?
yup..... bmw is planning to launch the 330d coupe and convertible sumwhere around 45 lakhs
Old 24th November 2007, 11:58   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
I just couldnt control my disappointment - A big rant ahead! Lovers of peace, please excuse or skip.

I am quite positive I am a well paid software engineer (dont tell my boss , been in the industry for over 7 years. But, still I am unable to buy even an entry level 3 series, let alone forget M3s and M5s. Cars are so disproportially priced. (I am sure there are thousand rants in the similar line, but let me vent my pent up frustrations )
Hi Sriram,

I have copied your post to this thread. That discussion was interesting, and I feel you may have something to add to it.
Old 24th November 2007, 14:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
Looks like BMW is all set to release the M3 in India in Jan '08.

Read the news report here
BMW M3 coming in Jan-Motown Buzz-Indiatimes Wheels
i saw 2 m5's in chandigarh couple of days back..
so are guys importing them? cause there hasnt been an official launch as yet, right?
how much would an m5 cost? as of now, with the duty and everything
Old 24th November 2007, 16:20   #10
Senior - BHPian

M3 for 5 series money, i guess i will take the 5 series and Pete it
Old 24th November 2007, 16:38   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
M3 for 5 series money, i guess i will take the 5 series and Pete it
you do that and then get left behind by the 400+ bhp of the m3.
Old 24th November 2007, 18:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

GoI needs to launch a price compatability regime, wherein only car manufacturers offering compatible prices for their models in India to the prices at which they are sold abroad are permitted to operate.

But for that to happen, we may need honest politicians who spend a bit of time thinking about the welfare of its citizens. how close are we to that ?
Old 24th November 2007, 20:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
I am quite positive I am a well paid software engineer But, still I am unable to buy even an entry level 3 series, let alone forget M3s and M5s.
I am sorry but I am very amused to think how far India has come! When I left India, young professionals were complaining how even an Esteem was priced too far out of their reach! 10 years before that, the maruti had not arrived yet, and people were limited to Ambys and fiats, but with limited production, you had to "book" the car and wait over a year to get it. And with low salaries, almost no young professional could even dream of buying a new Fiat or amby.

Now we have young professionals complaining that they can't afford M3s and M5s!

As India's prosperity has grown, so has the sense of entitlement amongst Indians.

Well sir, all I can say is, M3s and M5 are out of the reach of most young people even in the west so don't feel too bad about it!
Old 25th November 2007, 00:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
80L on road for M3? Puhlease... This is meant for people who are born into rich families, kid geniuses who make money in .com, savvy business men (typically with black money) and kids of politicians (I dont belong to any of the above :( )
Right, so while I agree with a lot of what you posted, I have to take exception to this biased-stereotype BS. I'm none of the above, and I've just bought an M3, so while your frustration is understandable, your stereo-typing of people is not!
Old 25th November 2007, 00:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

OMG! Those pics of the Dubai show M3 have the car with a steel roof and sunroof instead of the CPRF roof! Why?!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks