praveen,
please put up more photos of the car
also the front park lenses are full amber in ss80 and made by TOKAI DENSO
Old 11th August 2009, 21:14   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
it doesnt look like the original leather seats
Its not the original leather seat. I guess it may be 2 layers below. the clock, clarion music system( not in use, though i have it), seat belts, etc are all present.
rest are restored( meaning user frienly), never did anything with the engine. Have travelled to many places in south in this.
One curious thing that happens in my car is that the faster i go the engine temperature drops. could this be common? the logic could be more air flow .. but that doesnt happen in my Baleno.

Will post more pics in a couple of days.
Old 12th August 2009, 07:58   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
Its not the original leather seat. I guess it may be 2 layers below. the clock, clarion music system( not in use, though i have it), seat belts, etc are all present.
rest are restored( meaning user frienly), never did anything with the engine. Have travelled to many places in south in this.
One curious thing that happens in my car is that the faster i go the engine temperature drops. could this be common? the logic could be more air flow .. but that doesnt happen in my Baleno.

Will post more pics in a couple of days.
do you have the original stickers/decals like air filterdecal,radiator sticker, tyre placard sticker etc and also the original tool kit.
what about the roof gutter trims?
Old 13th August 2009, 20:23   #439
Senior - BHPian

red ss80 for sale

the red ss80 standard which is for sale in bangalore is being quoted at an astronomical price !!!
Old 13th August 2009, 21:41   #440
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, wow!! Japanese beauties. The other day when I visitied my mechanic I saw two guys wanted to sell their maruti when enquired they took me to a near by place where I could see maruti of this kind which seems okay, I also saw MADE IN JAPAN written on the head lamp glasses, these guys are fruit vendors (pardis) asking 35,000 I felt high so I just walked off from there.
Old 13th August 2009, 23:06   #441
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I could see maruti of this kind which seems okay, I also saw MADE IN JAPAN written on the head lamp glasses, these guys are fruit vendors (pardis) asking 35,000 I felt high so I just walked off from there.
If the car is indeed decent, if not mint, and really complete as you say, then 35k is NOT at all high, my friend! Believe me, worse cars are being bought for even more (45k or so) AND THEN FURTHER FULLY REDONE!

If you find it too high, I would be interested in it! So please pm me the details of the address, thanks!
Old 14th August 2009, 09:38   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
If the car is indeed decent, if not mint, and really complete as you say, then 35k is NOT at all high, my friend! Believe me, worse cars are being bought for even more (45k or so) AND THEN FURTHER FULLY REDONE!
you may get it for Rs25000/- go ahead and buy it after checking it out thoroughly

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th August 2009 at 09:48.
Old 18th August 2009, 09:12   #443
Distinguished - BHPian

A rather nice SS80 with a DX badge (but not a real DX IMHO) that appeared at the DHAA show at Chowmohalla Palace on 15th aug.
The owner insisted on putting it up on display, claiming that it was a classic in it's own way!

Going by the number, it is even older than my car. But definitely better-maintained, only missing the roof gutter trims. And in the colour I would prefer too!

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_3584.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_3583.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 18th August 2009 at 09:15.
Old 18th August 2009, 10:18   #444
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yes - great looking car. well kept et al. however the DX badge is an addition IMO since the original DX cars came with leather upholstery and this cars upholstery is the type used in the normal Maruti 800 Non DX cars.

Quote:
A rather nice SS80 with a DX badge (but not a real DX IMHO) that appeared at the DHAA show at Chowmohalla Palace on 15th aug.
The owner insisted on putting it up on display, claiming that it was a classic in it's own way!

Going by the number, it is even older than my car. But definitely better-maintained, only missing the roof gutter trims. And in the colour I would prefer too!

Attachment 176137

Attachment 176138
Old 18th August 2009, 13:07   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
yes - great looking car. well kept et al. however the DX badge is an addition IMO since the original DX cars came with leather upholstery and this cars upholstery is the type used in the normal Maruti 800 Non DX cars.
this cars upholstery is not even the one which came in maruti ss80 standard cars.actually all ss80's came with the base black and white chequered upholstered seats.DX had a leather seat covers over it.
Old 22nd August 2009, 19:08   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you find it too high, I would be interested in it! So please pm me the details of the address, thanks!
Hi Shyam,

Sorry for the delay. I saw another car probably for sale not sure but can confirm. My number is 9866368383.
Old 23rd August 2009, 15:49   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally a real DX??

Thanks chanu!

BTW, here is a reasonably tidy SS80 I noticed since a week in Secunderabad- I guess it is an original DX, as it seems to have tinted glasses (hard to make out in this pic.) and AC intact as well. Someone has scratched their name on the rear windscreen though!
'didnt check for the stereo antenna. No leather seat covers but cloth ones though!

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dx80.jpg

Question- which side did the 800 and DX badges come on the SS80 originally? I've seen cars having it on the left side like this, and others on the right.

Last edited by Stanher : 23rd August 2009 at 15:52.
Old 23rd August 2009, 19:09   #448
Senior - BHPian

This car surely is DX.
no roof gutter trims.
it has been repainted(see the coat of paint covering the left tail lamp assy base seal)
tail lamp assy is repro.
check if it has clarion radio and also the digital clock
Old 23rd August 2009, 23:59   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
This car surely is DX.
no roof gutter trims.
it has been repainted(see the coat of paint covering the left tail lamp assy base seal)
tail lamp assy is repro.
check if it has clarion radio and also the digital clock
The roof gutter trims are very much there- but not entirely. Both are broken off in half unfortunately, probably after the car had been parked outside!
Rear strip is missing though.

Yes, noticed the repaint. 'seems the correct shade though.

Tail-lamps not original TD but the LH headlamp is an original Stanley, Right one being Lumax.

'will check for the radio when I see it next (clock I think is not there)

This car incidentally looks like it's been off road, albeit only recently.
Old 24th August 2009, 00:16   #450
BHPian

Quote:

Question- which side did the 800 and DX badges come on the SS80 originally? I've seen cars having it on the left side like this, and others on the right.
The 800 and DX logos were located on the left side; 800 on top and DX below it as shown on the choc brown car posted by you. IMO they were placed a little lower close to the bumper and not exactly in the center, atleast on the standard model the 800 badge was not in the center.
The MARUTI SUZUKI logo was above the right tail cluster.

These badges were stolen easily so that explains why they are not present at one location on all cars. Our car used to have one 800 badge over the left tail light for quite some time, as the guy who stuck it didn't know where to put it. Eventually that was also stolen.

Also its amazing that the pre delivery inspection sticker located on the left rear quarter glass is still intact on that car for more than 25 years now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks