Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2009, 12:47   #541
Senior - BHPian

yes jose,
gypsy also had stanley /tokai denso lamp units
Old 26th September 2009, 12:52   #542
Senior - BHPian

In the first picture a Standard Penant is seen which appears to be cute. Whose is it. Why not post some of its pictures.
Old 26th September 2009, 13:20   #543
Senior - BHPian

Guys..I need a big help.
Im buying a 1985 Maruti which is a Japanese Original model with most of the part of Japanese Origin.
I need few clarifications:
1.This model is supposed to be DX model with Denso A/C.But the Front Grill nor the rear side are carrying DX badges.Could this be a genuine DX model?
2.Will the RC Book as well as the Facorty Name plate under the bonner carry DX written next to 800 SS..coz I didnt find that.
3.Is there a separate A/C switch or the blower knob itself turns on the A/C automatically.Right now the A/C is not working in this car as the owner has removed the belt and gas is not filled.Also if any one can post the pics of where the A/C gas needs to be filled.
4. I heard DX model came with Clarion Radio/Cassette Player.This car owner has a Sanyo cassette player/Radio? Is this correct?

Appreciate all your inputs on my above queries.
Cheers
Old 26th September 2009, 14:31   #544
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ram.

The best and most accurate manner to check if thei car is an original DX is to see if the glass is tinted. Other identifying features as the distinctive leather upholstry and carpets could be lost over time but it shoul still have the tinted glass which came as OE on teh SS80 Deluxe version.

There is not going to be any mention of the deluxe specs on either the RC book or the plates on the car.

Many such cars were fitted with A/c and sold off as genuine deluxe cars which they are not.

Also look for a A/c compressor switch mounted under the accelerator pedal. This cuts off the compressor on full acce;leration and can be found on all genuine deluxe cars and is often ovelooked when an standard car is upgraded to an A/c spec.

Last edited by wasif : 26th September 2009 at 14:33.
Old 26th September 2009, 15:32   #545
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful Info Wasif Bhai.
A/C Compressor switch is a great tip to check the genuinity of the DX version.No one has provided me with this fabulous tip to check the authenticity of the car.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:05   #546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks for the wonderful Info Wasif Bhai.
A/C Compressor switch is a great tip to check the genuinity of the DX version.No one has provided me with this fabulous tip to check the authenticity of the car.
No problems Ram I am pleased to be of any assistance to you or others on this forum.

Happy hunting and do keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 26th September 2009, 16:09   #547
Senior - BHPian

@hillram
Guys..I need a big help.
Im buying a 1985 Maruti which is a Japanese Original model with most of the part of Japanese Origin.
I need few clarifications:
1.This model is supposed to be DX model with Denso A/C.But the Front Grill nor the rear side are carrying DX badges.Could this be a genuine DX model?
it can be

2.Will the RC Book as well as the Facorty Name plate under the bonner carry DX written next to 800 SS..coz I didnt find that.
Only the original Invoice will mention DX version.

3.Is there a separate A/C switch or the blower knob itself turns on the A/C automatically.Right now the A/C is not working in this car as the owner has removed the belt and gas is not filled.Also if any one can post the pics of where the A/C gas needs to be filled.
No separate a/c switch, blower knob itself act as the switch.SB308 had a separate A/cknob.
4. I heard DX model came with Clarion Radio/Cassette Player.This car owner has a Sanyo cassette player/Radio? Is this correct?
Genuine DX model came with MARUTI Clarion radio/cassette player
also check for the other items like clock MARUTI LOGO speakers, Carpets,etc.
please check the first page for more details

Last edited by aah78 : 26th September 2009 at 23:03. Reason: Quote removed.
Old 26th September 2009, 22:47   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
3.Is there a separate A/C switch or the blower knob itself turns on the A/C automatically.Right now the A/C is not working in this car as the owner has removed the belt and gas is not filled.

The A/C switch is seperate in the sense that the a/c control knob when rotated anticlock wise will switch off the a/c. However the a/c initiation is dependent on the blower being on.

Can someone pls tell me what size wipers blades are standard in this model.
Old 26th September 2009, 22:51   #549
BHPian

Can someone please tell me what size wipers blades are standard in this model.
Old 27th September 2009, 00:09   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
In the first picture a Standard Penant is seen which appears to be cute. Whose is it. Why not post some of its pictures.
Yours truly's of course!
You will find pics. of it in the Standard cars thread (will post the links later, a bit too tired to post for now, sorry...)

That is in our actual (own) parking space infact. This car is temporarily in a "borrowed" one! 'will shift it to another one I've rented out once I get another car out of there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
Also look for a A/c compressor switch mounted under the accelerator pedal. This cuts off the compressor on full acce;leration and can be found on all genuine deluxe cars and is often ovelooked when an standard car is upgraded to an A/c spec.
Quote:
Thanks from me too, wasif and apologies ram, but actually wasif did tell me about the A/C compressor switch under the acc. pedal, when I'd met him. Unfortunately I couldn't recall what it was exactly, just remembered it was something under the acc. pedal!
And eventually forgot to ask him too, as I didn't end up going for a DX anyways. But glad you did!

Good luck with the car!

Last edited by Stanher : 27th September 2009 at 00:18.
Old 27th September 2009, 16:55   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been often seeing this junked SS80 on my way to and fro Kukatpally.

There is a driving school sign on the wall adjacent to it (not seen in the pic.) so might've belonged to them.

It's got a district regn. though.

I can guess that this car was originally chocolate brown?

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-junkss80.jpg
Old 27th September 2009, 17:17   #552
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the body line of tjis car is okie,Shyam.
Whats the rule book for such kind of cars to be lifted,if we want to restore?
Old 27th September 2009, 18:01   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like the body line of tjis car is okie,Shyam.
Whats the rule book for such kind of cars to be lifted,if we want to restore?
Well, first of all check for papers. Then assess body and mechanical condition. I've seen this car there for more than a year now. The front grille is half-hanging out.
But if it's a driving school car, then you need to watch out for alterations like extra brake and clutch pedals (most of them used to fit herald ones! ) etc.

BTW, what's happened of your SS80? Picked it up yet?

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th September 2009 at 14:46. Reason: Taken care.
Old 29th September 2009, 13:11   #554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
Can someone please tell me what size wipers blades are standard in this model.

Can someone please tell me what size wipers blades are standard in this model
Old 29th September 2009, 15:21   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen.ba View Post
Can someone please tell me what size wipers blades are standard in this model
I doubt if you can find a pair of original wiper blades for the SS80. The older Maruti Omni's wipers fit easily, even though they are of a smaller size. These are easily available.
I once did try to fit a longer Bosch wiper blades, don't remember the size, but it was too heavy on the wiper motor, so had to be satisfied with the Omni blades.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks