Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 18:23   #646
Senior - BHPian

ss80 for sale in hyderabad

Vintage Collection - Classic Car. Fully Imported japanese Model Car - Hyderabad - Cars#
stanher,suren,please take note...
Old 24th October 2009, 18:27   #647
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

This may come a bit late but can the bulb of a sealed beam be replaced instead of the whole assembly? Follow-up it my earlier post on wanting a sealed beam headlamp.

I just read up on "sealed beam" headlamps on wiki and found out that that was what most cars have nowadays.

drive on!!
Shibu.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:36   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hey guys,

This may come a bit late but can the bulb of a sealed beam be replaced instead of the whole assembly? Follow-up it my earlier post on wanting a sealed beam headlamp.

I just read up on "sealed beam" headlamps on wiki and found out that that was what most cars have nowadays.

drive on!!
Shibu.
there is lot of difference between the ""sealed beams "'of today and what came 2 decades ago.headlamps of the new generation cars are mostly combo units and not made of glass due to safety regulations.
the bulbs of the sealed beams which came in the 80's cars like ss80,gypsy,toyota corolla cannot be replaced.It was more or less like the "tube"".once it is fused ,it is gone!!
That is why very very few ss80 cars have the OE sealed headlamps in working condition.
if it was so easy to get them most ss80 owned by teambhpians would be having these units only
Old 26th October 2009, 06:00   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshkishore View Post
If your relative is willing to part with both the sealed beams in exchange for standard domes..please do inform me i would be much obliged .
My offer is still on!!
Old 26th October 2009, 12:11   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Hey guys,

drive on!!
Shibu.
Attached is the photograph explaning diffrence of the sealed beam vs the conventional ones from the website

http://fantasticbuyz.com/BH/MiiG/HID...am_Compare.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-mrc5006_vs_sealed_beam_compare.jpg

Further one more picture fron the Porsche 356 forum, explaning the difference

Porsche 356 Registry: Headlight Assemblies — "Sealed Beam" & "Euro"

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-headlight_assemblies.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 26th October 2009 at 12:22.
Old 31st October 2009, 16:37   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My offer is still on!!
no need to hold the offer any longer,the NOS koitto sealed beam which I had was taken by this guy earlier today.
if you really need the NOS JAPAN STANLEY sealed beams, then contact the guy in bangalore who has a pair
Old 31st October 2009, 21:51   #652
BHPian

pls pm the contact of the b'lore chap!
Old 1st November 2009, 18:11   #653
BHPian

ICE upgrade for SS80 DX

The OE Clarion Cassette unit in the SS80 has been driving me nuts since I purchased the car. Cassettes are hard to get and the Radio plays only AM stations that too with a lot of disturbance especially if you start the car.

What I want is an ICE upgrade so that I can play MP3 but at the same time the OE system shouldn't be tampered with.

OE
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc02753.jpg

Guess what the solution just costs 350Rs/-
Old 1st November 2009, 18:17   #654
BHPian

The solution is:
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc02755.jpg

This adapter connects to any portable Mp3 Player or any Mobile Phone(As in this case) with a similar jack.

Name:  DSC02759.JPG
Views: 3139
Size:  23.0 KB

Sound quality is surprisingly good !(Considering the cost involved is just Rs350/-)
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:48   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The solution is:
Attachment 219325

This adapter connects to any portable Mp3 Player or any Mobile Phone(As in this case) with a similar jack.

Attachment 219326

Sound quality is surprisingly good !(Considering the cost involved is just Rs350/-)

I've been using the same thing for a while now. works like a charm. the only problem is that the speakers cannot handle higher volumes. Even i'm having issues with the radio reception. When the engine is off, ist perfect, but once the car is running, the clarity goes down.
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:08   #656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I've been using the same thing for a while now. works like a charm. the only problem is that the speakers cannot handle higher volumes. Even i'm having issues with the radio reception. When the engine is off, ist perfect, but once the car is running, the clarity goes down.

A suppressor needs to be installed in your vehicle. If the distortion is only while running the engine then you need to install it attached to the wire coming to the bottle coil. If there is a distortion when using say for ex. horn etc, then you need to fix it to the horn relay. Any car audio shop guy will fix it for you in 2 mins. Alternatively, if this doesnt help check for proper installation of the antenna wire
Old 2nd November 2009, 16:18   #657
Senior - BHPian

Im yet to revive ICE in my SS80.Curretly savouring the engine sound especially in the 4th gear where it comes out like a drone !!!
Old 2nd November 2009, 17:02   #658
BHPian

Here is the link to the article on Tata Nano and SS80 which first featured in the Autocar September issue .

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...10/12/&prd=mp&
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:56   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
I've been using the same thing for a while now. works like a charm. the only problem is that the speakers cannot handle higher volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im yet to revive ICE in my SS80.Curretly savouring the engine sound especially in the 4th gear where it comes out like a drone !!!
Yeah the engine noise is really addictive.
Old 4th November 2009, 15:57   #660
Senior - BHPian

SEALED BEAM(head lamp, auto light)-Large Photo & Picture

this is the ad for the repro type sealed beam for ss80 available occassionally in some shops. price ranges from 1500- 1800 for a pair.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks