Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2011, 11:18   #1231
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX

We owned the baby blue color 800 from the first lot right up to 2002/03 (or sometime around then). I have only the fondest memories of this car. It was the only car we owned for the better part of 18 odd years. Reliable work horse that's seen us through our years in Delhi, Pune and Mumbai. Had lovely road trips from Pune to Mumbai right up to the late 90s and it never let us down.

Last edited by Axe77 : 30th December 2011 at 11:21.
Old 30th December 2011, 22:24   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Saw a SS80 at a tire and wheel alignment shop at dusk with big RED BULL written both sides. Good spoke type alloys.
Saw that again and this time spoke to the owner. He aligns at that shop and has purchased it for Rs25K and spent around 35K for painting, new wide tyres and alloy wheels, seat cover etc. Funny thing is he has mounted two sword and a shield, of brass, which we see in handicraft shops.
Picture was taken at night with mobile and hence the lack of clarity and quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-ss80.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 30th December 2011 at 22:45.
Old 1st January 2012, 09:58   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

A Happy New Year 2012 to all!

And this could be called as my N'year's Gift to my SS80!

Nothing to offend, just a bit of humour after my mom's comment on the car's exterior look.

These stickers seem quite popular on ebay UK incidentally. They really suit a 'patina look' or 'rat look' car, that is until/unless you restore them!

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_0034.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_0038.jpg
Old 1st January 2012, 12:05   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nothing to offend, just a bit of humour after my mom's comment on the car's exterior look.
Your Mom is perhaps right not on the exterior but the interior. That sticker would look fine if you just throw out those scrap you are keeping in the boot. But good thing is since your last posting of the picture of this car some scrap is thrown off.
Happy New Year.

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st January 2012 at 12:07.
Old 2nd January 2012, 11:30   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Happy new year to all here. Can anyone help me out wid a copy of the owner's manual for the SS80?
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:06   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Your Mom is perhaps right not on the exterior but the interior. That sticker would look fine if you just throw out those scrap you are keeping in the boot. But good thing is since your last posting of the picture of this car some scrap is thrown off.
Happy New Year.
Thanks rajeev and the same to you.

Um, by scrap, if you mean those petrol bottles, I'm keeping them for emergency. Agreed they may not be good aesthetically but practically they are a must in ANY car's boot.

And yes, I did throw off some scrap lately, got the torn edges of the cloth seat covers (which I artistically ripped off some time ago) taken off at the lining guy's. So its a 100% OHH REE GEE NAL interior.

But yes agreed that its a bit cluttered in there...need to do a bit of neat arranging, which I'll get to doing once my exams are over this week!

Last edited by Stanher : 3rd January 2012 at 09:07.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:43   #1237
BANNED

Quote:
A Happy New Year 2012 to all!

And this could be called as my N'year's Gift to my SS80!

These stickers seem quite popular on ebay UK incidentally. They really suit a 'patina look' or 'rat look' car, that is until/unless you restore them!

Attachment 862613

Attachment 862614
I can offer you a SIMPLE and COST EFFECTIVE solution to get your SS80 back to its Gleaming best

1) Buy a polish called ""DIAMOND BLUE"" a 100 ml sachet available in any paint shop for Rs.90/-

2) Wash you car using any car shampoo or even a strong detergent like Nirma also would help.

3) Wipe dry the car and allow it to get back to normal room temperature.

4) Apply the Blue Diamond polish with a soft Cotton waste, and let it dry for over 15 mins.

5) Again use a good cotton waste / any polishing cloth and shine the car.

All this would take you 1 good hours of work, but take my words, your car will be as good as new after this..

Diamond Blue | Code: L053 | Exterior Finishing Products | Nielsen Chemicals | Automotive Car Cleaning Products, Valeting Care Products & Janitorial, Workshop, Interior and Retail Range of Products
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:02   #1238
BHPian

Website says not available in India. So is it available at grey market shops? or did you get it imported?
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:47   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
Happy new year to all here. Can anyone help me out wid a copy of the owner's manual for the SS80?
you want a ''copy'' or an original owners manual.
There is an original one with a guy here ,but he is asking atrocious price.
If you want a ''copy'' you can contact sureshkishore.he might be able to help you
Old 4th January 2012, 00:05   #1240
Senior - BHPian

I can do with a copy of it too. No need for orignal. TH
Old 5th January 2012, 17:10   #1241
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
2) Wash you car using any car shampoo or even a strong detergent like Nirma also would help.
Saar, a STRONG detergent will surely make any car paint finish WEAK in due course of time!

My car's current patina is sufficient!

I use only CAR WASH liquids formulated for cars/metal bodies.

But the thing is its been a long time since I've given a PROPER wash to my SS80, or even any wash for the last couple of months. Mostly been dusting it as and when needed. Reason being, I'm free in the mornings only on sundays. And then winter is just ending so washing cars in the morning means being in contact with COLD water too long! And its not the only car I have, as some of you'd know! ;-)

But this weekend round, planning to give her a proper car wash.
Old 5th January 2012, 20:00   #1242
Distinguished - BHPian

'dont remember if I posted these pics. before. Another OHH REE GEE NAL SS80, again in Chocolate-oops- New Zealand Brown (wow, how many of them- must've been a much-liked colour in Hyd.!) that I saw at my local garage last year.

You really have to love the number of this car btw- how many of you were reminded of the Pepsi ad?
Although it dates a few years later than the car so couldnt be original. But really a cool one!

One AHA factor I noticed in it are the OHH REE GEE NAL T'Denso front parking lenses still intact!! even though the car is in need of a bit more TLC.

Now this poor dear unfortunately had suffered a fire damage, I was told that the carb. had emitted fire while running!

A real pity about the damage to the grille though!!

And here's AHA after the bonnet was resprayed. 'not sure what they did about the grille though.

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-aha.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-aha01.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_8090.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_8125.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_8126.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 5th January 2012 at 20:03.
Old 5th January 2012, 20:29   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'dont remember if I posted these pics. before. Another OHH REE GEE NAL SS80, again in Chocolate-oops- New Zealand Brown (wow, how many of them- must've been a much-liked colour in Hyd.!) that I saw at my local garage last year.

You really have to love the number of this car btw- how many of you were reminded of the Pepsi ad?
Although it dates a few years later than the car so couldnt be original. But really a cool one!

One AHA factor I noticed in it are the OHH REE GEE NAL T'Denso front parking lenses still intact!! even though the car is in need of a bit more TLC.

Now this poor dear unfortunately had suffered a fire damage, I was told that the carb. had emitted fire while running!

A real pity about the damage to the grille though!!

And here's AHA after the bonnet was resprayed. 'not sure what they did about the grille though.

Attachment 864597

Attachment 864598

Attachment 864599

Attachment 864600

Attachment 864601
Shyam,please have a look at the parking lenses once more,it is not TOKAI DENSO but LUMAX INDIA and they have been fitted upside down !!
also here is another SS80 for sale in Palghat,Kerala
http://thrissur.quikr.com/84-model-m...d79532480ImgC3
not much of originality

Last edited by ajay99 : 5th January 2012 at 20:30.
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 20:54   #1244
BHPian

Are these lumax all amber lenses still available? i need a few sets for my contessa and for a few friends contessas as well
Old 5th January 2012, 21:02   #1245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
Shyam,please have a look at the parking lenses once more,it is not TOKAI DENSO but LUMAX INDIA and they have been fitted upside down !!
Oops, my bad! Sorry about that!

As they say, looks can indeed be deceiving!

I didnt know Lumax made such lenses too! I'd like a pair, just to give mine the original look.

Last edited by Stanher : 5th January 2012 at 21:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks