Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 23:17   #826
BHPian

thats really cool tantragna.these are some kind of jobs we long to get done to our cars too. your car is coming very neat and tidy and thats for sure. job well doneit would be very helpful to us if you could (later on) give some break up costs of all expenditure you have incurred. keep posting.
Old 19th February 2010, 21:18   #827
BHPian

Project-1759 - Part2

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
The car paint matches rally specs. Waiting eagerly for the step by step refitting of the car. Please do keep updated on this tantragna.
Rally specs LOL! If I can acquire her, sure will get into rallying. Have a lot of mods in mind with that perspective!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Suzuki SS80 3 door in Australia.
Hey sid, its called mightyboy in Australia (if I am not wrong!). Nice color though! We have a zen in that color too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The car has come out really well.

If only you could have had the base paint white, the Red would have been killer.

Maybe that shade is your choice, waiting to see the final outcome.
Thanks Pavan, even I thought the same, a short while after the base coat (NC Paint) since the white bonnet & fenders were looking bright in their real red shade (German RED, to be precise). But I noticed the PU coat didn't do any such injustice to the final shade with respect to the base coat variations. It looked much the same even when painted on white (Pure White), as well the variations in base red. I guess the tint in the PU is good enough to cover the mismatch in the base coats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks again for the info! 'will try it out.

Also remember having drank (just) some thinner from a water-bottle accidentally too once, around 2003, when I was in Singapore! I too luckily spat it out at once, but not before it left a similar burning in my mouth! 'was paranoid about seeing an unmarked water-bottle since then!

Thanks again! However, looks like I'll need a lot of 'junk' trims to experiment on before getting it right.
Stanher, try it out, me too thinking the same since the trims in the SS80 am working is also in a typical mess (dents). Best of luck!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
So for the Update:

Ok, after a short gap of 3 days away from the SS80 (it was a rejoice on finally getting the paint on), & after I got back noticed a few large area with shallow dents on the car top. Don't know whether it was deliberate or accidental. But almost took care of it without damaging the newly painted surface, yet one is mischievous to repair!

Took nearly 3 days to clean the window panes (glass) & its rubbers as it had old scratched cooling film. It was in real mess.

(I like the glass panes the most in this car, They are matchless to even today's Maruti Suzuki's in the looks. They are flawless in terms of the surface finish, no ripples altogether anywhere!)

Installed Front windshield (actually a replacement one, not OEM that came with the car while purchase), rather slowly to be sure & scratch free (so far!).

Front windshield fixed, brake lines installed, rear Glass boot lid lock assembly fixed, black paint sprayed on the originally black parts (Matte & Gloss, both), such as, brake, clutch, throttle pedals, windshield wiper arms, rear door glass pane guide, battery stand & parking-brake lever. Additionally blackened the Front Grill & C pillar trims in matte.

Electrical System: Now this is in real mess! I need help from fellow bhpians on this & also on the 5th pic, the mud flap in between the wheel well & engine compartment is it only on the left side or on both sides (I have only the left side). I would need a electrical wiring/system diagram if anyone has it. I have prepared a partially done sketch. But have to understand the circuitry logic to rectify the issues.

The wiring had many issues, like the ignition key harness been melted due to overload/short circuitry, & it had done damage to the connectors & had spread across the main wiring harness. So I had taken out the complete bunching insulation to clean & repair, it was real sticky & greasy. I have cleaned it thoroughly, but need time & some consumables like glue-less insulation tape, similar spec wires (for repairs) & some connectors too. At this rate of work, it would need atleast 3-5 days of complete dedicated work to make it as good as new, I guess!
So folks, I would really appreciate any help on the circuit diagrams .

Today, I also finished assembling the in-door comps, glass pane, its mechanism & locking system for the rear doors after thorough cleaning.

Pending jobs for another 3 days: Cleaning & installing the door panes mechanisms, & door locking mechanisms. Installing brakes, steering column, fuel filter, the engine with transmission & radiator.

Some photos of update:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07013.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07034.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07027.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07037.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07046.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07056.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07058.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07065.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07069.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc07093.jpg  

Old 19th February 2010, 21:44   #828
Senior - BHPian

Hey tantragna i have a soft copy of service manual of Mighty boy (australian SS80) Suzuki alto f5A. It states some wiring diagrams. If it serves your purpose then let me know
Old 19th February 2010, 21:57   #829
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the diagram just for an idea.
Here is the link Picasa Web Albums - samsag12 - Untitled Album
Regarding the harness use a PVC insulation jacket/piping. Actually its not a tape but a cylindrical loop of PVC which can be cut in any size and the wires can be run through it. It looks very neat and original.

Last edited by samsag12 : 19th February 2010 at 22:05.
Old 19th February 2010, 22:59   #830
BHPian

:-)

That looks good @samsag, would need a best resolution of the linked image, can you upload . I think it should help me out the most.

Thanks for your help!
Old 19th February 2010, 23:27   #831
Senior - BHPian

Should i provide the link for the whole manual or just the wiring diagram
Old 19th February 2010, 23:35   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablue View Post
thats really cool tantragna.these are some kind of jobs we long to get done to our cars too. your car is coming very neat and tidy and thats for sure. job well doneit would be very helpful to us if you could (later on) give some break up costs of all expenditure you have incurred. keep posting.
Firstly @bablue, what a car man! (you having in your profile, who is it?) The word 'immaculate' falls short for such a car . Was it stored in vacuumed space? To keep something which can transport people be kept like that, is unbelievable!

Now I am now jealous!

Will share all the expenditures of the project in every aspect, but that is only after the engine vroooms & me take a little ride in it! Till then just chill & enjoy the photos I share ;-)
Old 19th February 2010, 23:51   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Should i provide the link for the whole manual or just the wiring diagram
Ok, if you expect me to dive to your feet for the whole manual, here I go!

But give me a good resolution copy, which is visibly good. Just make the wiring diagram the first ones to come, the rest at your convenience (and just don't forget to post the rest ).

Thanks once again & again & again!
Old 19th February 2010, 23:55   #834
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantragna View Post
That looks good @samsag, would need a best resolution of the linked image, can you upload . I think it should help me out the most.

Thanks for your help!

How about helping the car brakes with some booster kit.

My tinker has added the booster kit for his SS80, and it brakes really well.
Old 19th February 2010, 23:57   #835
Senior - BHPian

OK OK i will post the link tomorrow as i am currently uploading the manual. Check this thread tomorrow for an update just for you

Update here is the link to the service manual. Its a direct pdf file so will take time to download (56mb) http://www.onderwijsboulevard.nl/dow...ice_Manual.pdf

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th February 2010 at 00:07.
Old 20th February 2010, 00:10   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

'saw this unusual white and orange parking light lens at a garage I frequent. The guy told me it is off an SS80 that is being restored there now. It is a Tokai Denso but when I pointed out that they came only in full orange on the SS80s, he insisted these too came on them originally. Anyone who could confirm?

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_5123.jpg

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-img_5124.jpg
Old 20th February 2010, 14:22   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'saw this unusual white and orange parking light lens at a garage I frequent. The guy told me it is off an SS80 that is being restored there now. It is a Tokai Denso but when I pointed out that they came only in full orange on the SS80s, he insisted these too came on them originally. Anyone who could confirm?

Attachment 291459

Attachment 291460
The front parking light assy came in full amber colour colour for all SS80's and for that matter all gypsies and maruti vans.Even the SB308 had the same colour(but different dimensions) till 1994 when it was replaced by the white/amber combination.
Tokai denso like stanley was OE supplier to many japanese manufacturers,probably this could belong to another japanese marque hatchback.
also I think the length of this lens appears more to fit an ss80 park light,do check it out

Last edited by ajay99 : 20th February 2010 at 14:26. Reason: correction
Old 20th February 2010, 23:14   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
How about helping the car brakes with some booster kit.

My tinker has added the booster kit for his SS80, and it brakes really well.
Thanks Pavan, can I see the specs & photo of it. I would like to install it, in case the car is sold to me!
Old 20th February 2010, 23:30   #839
Senior - BHPian

Hey tantragna did you managed to get the wiring job started. Hope that the service manual was of some help to you. BTW any update on the progress.
Old 24th February 2010, 08:16   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Can confirm that SS80's and the early SB308 s came with full amber front turn/clearance lamps.

Think this could be broken part of a rear left combination lamp assy of a SS80.Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-dsc02657.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks