Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:40   #1171
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ruti/800.html/

here is one for sale... not very original... but in the background of the second pic there is one that looks decent..
Old 3rd November 2011, 22:40   #1172
Senior - BHPian

OMG.. What has he done!
ruined it mostly. but I still feel it can be made stock again with some work isnt it?
Old 3rd November 2011, 23:31   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the Chinese SS80. from www.
See the recessed area in the rear bumper to make a low hatch door.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-chinese-ss80-2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-chinese-ss80-1.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 3rd November 2011 at 23:37.
Old 4th November 2011, 10:33   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Take a look at the Chinese SS80. from www.
See the recessed area in the rear bumper to make a low hatch door.
it is not the CHINESE ss80.It is the SUZUKI FRONTE (SS80 version)found in East european countries like Hungary. I doubt SS80 were ever there in CHINA
Old 4th November 2011, 11:41   #1175
Senior - BHPian

This one had different interiors as well. Also read the word "Automatic" on the rear hatch! something India never so on the 800.
Old 6th November 2011, 10:49   #1176
BHPian

Guys, am planning to dispose off my ss80 after 28 long years of single ownership due to lack of parking space...

i dont know whether its the right forum to put this and what reaction I would get from the MODS but if there is an other way to communicate this do guide me

anyone in NCR region interested can pm me...
Old 6th November 2011, 11:24   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Post your ride in the Classifieds section on TBHP and many other free websites, I am sure many are interested in buying an SS80 especially a single owner one like yours!
Old 7th November 2011, 00:26   #1178
Senior - BHPian

I saw a ss80, the drive shaft is making quite a lot of noise. Is it available or need to somehow re-condition. It is with the third owner presently who is keeping it for the last nine years.
Old 7th November 2011, 00:42   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
I saw a ss80, the drive shaft is making quite a lot of noise. Is it available or need to somehow re-condition. It is with the third owner presently who is keeping it for the last nine years.
the drive shafts of ss80 is different and its little difficult to source them.you can also change the hubs and that is also fine!
procircuit_234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 07:24   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I drove the car the details are as under,

General
Repainted to Green. Was originally Brown. The present owner bought it as Brown from the second owner 8 to 9 years ago. The second owner also used it for above 10 years. I know both these owners. The present owner was not an auto enthusiast and got it repainted as he did not like brown at a local garage. The second owner bought it at 95K Kms and now is 152K Kms. Rear windshield is not original. Front also doubtful. Rear original badges are missing. Left side door weather strips are also missing. Platform is rusted beneath the glued mat. Fuel pump was replaced when once it git stranded though the defect was something else. The wayside mechanic spoiled the original before the it was taken to the place where it was got repainted.

he RC is in card form now when he got the validation for 5 years till October 2015. Tax paid up to October 2013. Old book was submitted at RT office and the owner has not kept a photocopy.
Selling it as he has purchased a Polo couple of days ago.

On the road
Could drive only for one km.
Drive shaft makes noise.
Silencer is not silencing.
Lot of rattling.
Front tyres are OK but rear are not.

Friends I need your advice and help regarding buying this car. Look forward to inputs from Ajay, Sureshkishore and other friends.

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th November 2011 at 07:36.
Old 10th November 2011, 09:07   #1181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

General
Repainted to Green. Was originally Brown. The present owner bought it as Brown from the second owner 8 to 9 years ago. The second owner also used it for above 10 years. I know both these owners. The present owner was not an auto enthusiast and got it repainted as he did not like brown at a local garage. The second owner bought it at 95K Kms and now is 152K Kms. Rear windshield is not original. Front also doubtful. Rear original badges are missing. Left side door weather strips are also missing. Platform is rusted beneath the glued mat. Fuel pump was replaced when once it git stranded though the defect was something else. The wayside mechanic spoiled the original before the it was taken to the place where it was got repainted.

he RC is in card form now when he got the validation for 5 years till October 2015. Tax paid up to October 2013. Old book was submitted at RT office and the owner has not kept a photocopy.

On the road
Drive shaft makes noise.
Lot of rattling.

Friends I need your advice and help regarding buying this car. Look forward to inputs from Ajay, Sureshkishore and other friends.
Dear sir, post some photos of the car from all angles then may be some advice can be given in the matter.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 10:32   #1182
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know all SS80s and non-MPFI 800s do vibrate a bit initially when started if the engine is cold. Rest can be determined once you post the pics
fx45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 12:21   #1183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

General

On the road
Drive shaft makes noise.
Lot of rattling.

Sounds like the car is in below average condition, and there is quite a lot of work to be done. Unless it comes dirt cheap, i would say skip it and look for another one. Is this one a DX btw? Any pix?
JayD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 19:40   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

General

On the road
Drive shaft makes noise.
Lot of rattling.

from your description, it seems to be a car that is not worth buying.
Buy only a SS80 which is well maintained.
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 23:26   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Iqbal Veerji, fx45, Jay D and ajay99.
I tried to get some photos, but as it was dark could not click as I had only my mobile cam with me then. Would post tomorrow some pics and afterwhich i need your assessment.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-ss80-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-ss80-2.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 10th November 2011 at 23:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks