Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2012, 23:05   #1351
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX

When Maruti Udyog was searching for dealers and the SS80X was to be launched !

Maruti Suzuki SS80 DX-picture-154.jpg
anjan_c2007 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th July 2012, 01:44   #1352
BHPian

Quite a few ss80' for sale on this page. 1985 Also another few if you search for 1983, 1984, n 1986. There is one on the 1984, which has a very enticing first 3 alphabets for me. :-)
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 14:09   #1353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran1103 View Post
Guys,

The post is currently unavailable as I have added few more pics and waiting for mods to approve it.
This is the same car which Jai Krishnan "Jai3033" had in Chennai. I think Ajay knows bit more history to this car than I do.
this car is an original DX single owned by guy who bought it in Delhi and settled in Bangalore from whom jai bought in 2008. The car doesnt have the OE clarion radio/stereo head unit but speakers are there.(if somebody is interested one is available).the rear chrome decals are also missing.has the OE stanley sealed beams,etc. a reasonably original and well kept car
Old 17th July 2012, 14:28   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay99 View Post
this car is an original DX single owned by guy who bought it in Delhi and settled in Bangalore from whom jai bought in 2008. The car doesnt have the OE clarion radio/stereo head unit but speakers are there.(if somebody is interested one is available).the rear chrome decals are also missing.has the OE stanley sealed beams,etc. a reasonably original and well kept car
Since Kiran is the present owner he would know best the present condition of the car, however it was supposed to be a Pune registered car before being re registered in Bangalore. Now I'm a bit confused.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:36   #1355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
When Maruti Udyog was searching for dealers and the SS80X was to be launched
In the Readers Digest Exide Batteries releases a series of ads for their batteries and also mentioned that quotw-they would supplying battery to a new generation car soon to be seen on Indian roads -unquote with a similar sketch of an SS80.
Anjanji do you have this also in your collections.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 14:37   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
Since Kiran is the present owner he would know best the present condition of the car, however it was supposed to be a Pune registered car before being re registered in Bangalore. Now I'm a bit confused.
the first owner was a major in the INDIAN ARMY he had come from delhi to bangalore.Maybe it was having a PUNE registration I am not sure.
There is no confusion regarding that you can verify the documents and be sure .I know this car when it was with the first owner in bangalore.He had sold it to Jai for around Rs.55000/- in 2008 itself. Jai did the painting and other mechanical works
ajay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 15:15   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
When Maruti Udyog was searching for dealers and the SS80X was to be launched !

Attachment 956932
an interesting point from the ad is COCHIN is not found in the list of cities,but incidentally the first Maruti Dealership of POPULAR VEHICLES and SERVICES came in Cochin if my info is correct.
Old 17th July 2012, 15:24   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
an interesting point from the ad is COCHIN is not found in the list of cities,but incidentally the first Maruti Dealership of POPULAR VEHICLES and SERVICES came in Cochin if my info is correct.
The Popular motors web site says "It is the first Maruti Dealership in Kerala, started in 1983-84 at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala. The Kochi branch has been functioning since October 1985 and the Third dealership was started at Kozhikode in 1996"

check out the link Popular Vehicles and Services 25 years of popular moments
foby.sebastian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 16:16   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The Popular motors web site says "It is the first Maruti Dealership in Kerala, started in 1983-84 at Thiruvananthapuram, the capital city of Kerala. The Kochi branch has been functioning since October 1985 and the Third dealership was started at Kozhikode in 1996"

check out the link Popular Vehicles and Services 25 years of popular moments
Thanks for the correction.I was under the impression cochin showroom started in 1984 when the first lot of marutis was delivered in Kerala
I know the allotte no 5 in Kerala KEV-653x,he got the standard version bcar in september 1984 and it was among the first delivered cars by POPULAR. The car was apple red and when the car was delivered he had an offer of more than a lakh for it.!!!on road price was Rs.54000/- .
Old 17th July 2012, 19:39   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
In the Readers Digest Exide Batteries releases a series of ads for their batteries and also mentioned that quotw-they would supplying battery to a new generation car soon to be seen on Indian roads -unquote with a similar sketch of an SS80.
Anjanji do you have this also in your collections.
Rajeevji, not very sure, but let me search. Maybe I find it but that may take some time.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 22:44   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
here are few ss80 for sale ads
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ruti/800.html/
not original and priced not to sell!!
Hi all, this is a newbie post. The blue kbt5247 belongs to me. Being a vintage and classics lover, every effort was taken within my limitations to keep it in good mechanical conditions and practical looks for daily use. Originality wasn't given an intentional beating but all original replaced parts are with me itself. Well it is already told that price is negotiable but considering the care taken to keep it in the current clean condition, I'm not asking for too much. It runs and responds like a new car.Period
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:01   #1362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Hi all, this is a newbie post. The blue kbt5247 belongs to me. Being a vintage and classics lover, every effort was taken within my limitations to keep it in good mechanical conditions and practical looks for daily use. Originality wasn't given an intentional beating but all original replaced parts are with me itself. Well it is already told that price is negotiable but considering the care taken to keep it in the current clean condition, I'm not asking for too much. It runs and responds like a new car.Period
First of all, the SS80 is neither a classic car or a vintage car.It is just a collectible car because of its importance in INDIAN automotive history and the first ''modern'' car manufactured in INDIA.
There are lots of SS80s still running in the country,but very few have been maintained in its original/factory fresh condition.Only such cars have that novelty/unique value. please see fellow Bhpian suresh kishore's car
and then you will realise what I am saying.(his car has run less than 35000 kms!!!)
Coming to the car in question,It is a 3rd or 4th owner car.Not only it has been repainted thisshade never came in SS80. moreover it is not a DX model.Even in TBHP classifieds you can see very original DX cars where the quotes are much lower than yours.
Unless it is an exceptional specimen like sureshs or kirans (standard car)
the going price of a good SS80 standard is only around Rs.50000/-
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:38   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
First of all, the SS80 is neither a classic car or a vintage car...the going price of a good SS80 standard is only around Rs.50000/-
Yes i agree to every word of it. Its neither a classic nor a vintage but one of the last cars to come in old shape, not retro, & i love those shapes. Grouped up, it can be a collectible. I'm the 2nd owner only. List price never means actual price. I like it to end up with a serious buyer till i can take her back someday. If it goes cheap, expect it to end up in weird & wacky thread very soon!
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:54   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyX View Post
Yes i agree to every word of it. Its neither a classic nor a vintage but one of the last cars to come in old shape, not retro, & i love those shapes. Grouped up, it can be a collectible. I'm the 2nd owner only. List price never means actual price. I like it to end up with a serious buyer till i can take her back someday. If it goes cheap, expect it to end up in weird & wacky thread very soon!
as per the RTO records,there are 3 owners for the car
first owner one in Trivandrum,the second owner in karunagapally and the 3rd owner in Nilambur
Old 22nd July 2012, 13:59   #1365
BHPian

Yes true only. I'm the same soul who moved to nilambur from trivandrum almost 2 years back

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks