Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 17:58   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is a pump opposite Manipal hospital(BP Pure for Sure) which has clean fuel

No No.... i have seen them mix kerosene in the tank... they are definitely poor on quality. IMO fuel at Nagpal's on residency road is good.
Old 6th December 2007, 00:25   #62
BHPian

Quality & Service Rules

Monday, I was filling up at Mallya Road shell, the attendant was kind enough to warn me about the price increase. Good on him.

on casual inquiry he said its because "the price of additives have gone up"

will someone enlighten me on this phenomenon?

I'm guessing that all the quality & increase in FE (that we talk about) could be because of some additives that they might be using.

Guys, I'm not talking of Shell Super, I fill the Shell normal unleaded petrol.

All said & done, if Shell happens to be on your regular route, its definitely worth the extra money.

If your filling up your tank its worth a small detour.

cheers:
Old 6th December 2007, 09:15   #63
Senior - BHPian

I guess the same thing happened with me last week, diesel has also gone up by Rs.2 I think. For one thing, the car roars better and more with Shell, but fails to deliver what IOC diesel does for my car. So shell, thanks but no thanks.

btw does anyone know of an IOC Pump where they fill auto tank full cut off? in bangalore?
Old 6th December 2007, 10:07   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GeekSrik : For one thing, the car roars better and more with Shell, but fails to deliver what IOC diesel does for my car. So shell, thanks but no thanks.
Some thing mysterious does happen with Shell Diesel. Wonder what.

Quote:
GeekSrik : btw does anyone know of an IOC Pump where they fill auto tank full cut off? in bangalore?
Any pump, and any IOC pump should do this for you. Why do you ask.

And what is your route - can suggest you a pump based on that.
Old 26th December 2007, 10:37   #65
BHPian

I don't mind at all this price increase.
Like someone said here, drive a 6+ lakh car but fret about a few hundred bucks.
I have now started filling 97 BP Future once in a while too which is 60 Rs/ltr.
Old 26th December 2007, 10:43   #66
Senior - BHPian

Went to fill up in Shell and was informed that Shell no longer will be selling normal petrol from the 28th of Dec' at any outlets.
Old 26th December 2007, 22:04   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Went to fill up in Shell and was informed that Shell no longer will be selling normal petrol from the 28th of Dec' at any outlets.
A novel way of ripping vehicle owners.
Old 27th December 2007, 00:36   #68
Senior - BHPian

From my recent experience,
I've been using Shell fuel(both normal and super) for my baleno and I'm getting mileage in between 10.2-11.1 approx(mostly in the range of 10.7-10.8).On an average I can say it's around 10.7km. I'm yet to see any drastic change in mileage between Super or Normal petrol.It's very minute to notice.
And just for heck of it I thought I'll try BP bunk in front of Manipal Hospital.And for the 1st attempt it was 10.78kmpl.I've refilled again to see how much I'll get with 2nd refill.
All in all, I must admit(though I use and prefer Shell most of the time) I'm not very convinced that Shell gives any extra mileage.But yeah peace of mind is another thing and I'm sure that Shell do give unadulterated fuel.
Regards,
Kaushik
BTW, can anybody point me to a good petrol bunk in Bannerghatta road/BTM layout/JP Nagar area?I may be moving to that side and would like to know which bunk I can trust there.There doesn't seem to be any Shell bunk nearby.
Old 27th December 2007, 12:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, can anybody point me to a good petrol bunk in Bannerghatta road/BTM layout/JP Nagar area?I may be moving to that side and would like to know which bunk I can trust there.There doesn't seem to be any Shell bunk nearby.
There is one BP COCO bunk in Bannerghatta road opp to IBM Subramanya arcade. It is good

There is one HP Bunk (not a COCO) on JP Nagar outer ring road which is also good.

There is one IOC in BSK busstand which is also a good one.
Old 27th December 2007, 13:15   #70
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Shell is also following Reliance who's selling gas at high prices.

and guys this is not about any increase in additive prices or something.

its just that these companies are selling Gas in other markets and making more profit than selling here so they have increased price cos they dont want to sell here at low prices.

and private companies dont get a subsidy from Indian Govt.

Source of this information is a highly placed official in Reliance.
Old 27th December 2007, 13:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
There is one BP COCO bunk in Bannerghatta road opp to IBM Subramanya arcade. It is good
Thanks, but I remember reading on this forum only(I think by Amitoj ?) that this petrol bunk have some issues with water getting accumulated on their tanks during rainy season.It'ld be great if this is a good bunk as my office is also in the same complex(Subramanya Arcade)
Regards,
Kaushik
Old 28th December 2007, 10:25   #72
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

From city center I drive to Electronic city everyday. From Day one, my car had Shell Super and once the price went upto Rs.54.80, decided to try out BP's Speed at E.City bunk @ 51.70 per liter. I didn't see much difference on fisrt fill, so I continued, with four top ups, I am seeing no difference, however missing is peace of mind at shell bunk.

regards,
-manju

Last edited by manjubp : 28th December 2007 at 10:37.
Old 28th December 2007, 10:39   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
All in all, I must admit(though I use and prefer Shell most of the time) I'm not very convinced that Shell gives any extra mileage.But yeah peace of mind is another thing and I'm sure that Shell do give unadulterated fuel.
I agree!! I definitely feel good about the service that I get, the fact that Shell employs people who are differently-abled and they most likely use unadulterated fuel. But I haven't seen any improvement in my vehicle performance / mileage (at least something visible) since the time I've been using Shell. If they do use high quality fuel, I feel they should've created a little more awareness - a fuel quality comparison maybe, in all auto mags, dailies whereve possible before dumping their "normal" for "super" only. To the common man, this price increase / difference means a lot.

Having said that if another oil company retails with the same level of service, I would dump Shell and feel a lot others would do the same. Cheers!
Old 28th December 2007, 10:42   #74
BHPian

Shell Petrol will be Rs 54/ltr in Bangalore from Today.

When i said you will be losing customers, cos everybody will go to BP, HP,Indianoil, he said that Government will also raise petrol rates from first week of January.

Regards
Deepak
Old 28th December 2007, 10:57   #75
BHPian

when i tanked up at Shell (Whitefield rd) yesterday , i got some literature saying that shell henceforth would only be selling their premium petrol and diesel.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks