Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which looks better to YOU ?
Baleno 110 46.22%
SX4 128 53.78%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 14:04   #136
Senior - BHPian

SX4 stand out but the Baleno looks sleeker. Its a personal choice. Do you want to be noticed? Or do you like the understated feel?
Old 14th July 2009, 14:06   #137
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is more utility like in its looks. I have always loved the way the Baleno looks, especially that purpose filled side profile. Voted Baleno.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:38   #138
BANNED

According to what I've noticed,
In the previous times, Most of the sedans had sleek desigining but now they have got more bold looks, This is what I've observed.
We can take the example of the Baleno and SX4, OHC & NHC, Accent & Verna etc etc....

VT

Last edited by *VT* : 14th July 2009 at 14:47.
Old 14th July 2009, 14:51   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VT* View Post
In the previous times, Most of the sedans had sleek desigining but now they have got more bold looks, ....
We can take the example of the Baleno and SX4, OHC & NHC, Accent & Verna etc etc.... VT
The ANHC is not bold - it is contemporary.
So is the Linea.

The SX4 is not bold - it more err boring.

BTW, do you like Aishwarya Rai's looks or Madhuri Dixit's?
Hint - *All subjective
Old 14th July 2009, 15:16   #140
Senior - BHPian

Without any second thoughts, it has to be Baleno for me.

Baleno was one of those last low slung sedans. It has awesome side profile and superb cross sectional profile. Barring that tail lamp cluster, the car has excellent rear profile as well.

Even today it looks much more striking in black compared to an SX4, which has awkward proportions and stance, no matter what Maruti and its advt. agency wants us to believe.

OT: Between Ikon and Fiesta, I would choose an Ikon any day. Fiesta looks upmarket compared to Ikon, but Ikon looks far more macho as compared to sober looking Fiesta.
Old 14th July 2009, 15:21   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Even I remember the time when Baleno was called ugly. Unfortunately, people did not have a preview of the NHC or Verna or for that matter, SX4.
Didn't find anything wrong with the Verna. NHC looks wierd. Coming back to the topic, the Baleno and the SX4 both look bad. The Baleno was always bland and ordinary. The SX4 was never meant to be a sedan. It was supposed to be an SUV. In fact it was developed by Suzuki & Fiat and is sold as the Fiat Seidici which is a sort of a Mini SUV. I think that Suzuki even sells this model with the Suzuki SX4 badge in some countries.

Oops forgot to resize the pictures. Mods kindly do the needful.
Attached Thumbnails
Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-fiat_sedici_.jpg  

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-fiatsedicimain.jpg  

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-fiatsedicitanfront34resized.jpg  

Last edited by Furious55 : 14th July 2009 at 15:23. Reason: Request to mods for resizing pictures
Old 14th July 2009, 15:25   #142
BHPian

Though i havent travelled on both the cars, but lookwise, i like the Baleno than SX4, I wish Maruti re-introduce Baleno with improved technology. Can someone tell me why Baleno was discontinued, pardon my ignorance as I might have missed the posts if it has already been discussed.
Old 14th July 2009, 16:03   #143
Senior - BHPian

Both vehicles are very different. Baleno was a low slung sedan and very plain jane in term of looks. The rear lights were really bad. all square.

The SX4 on the other hand looks muscular. Especially with the big 16 inch 205 mm alloys, the flared whell arches and the height. It may not be sleek, but it, sure has purposeful, macho looks.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:53   #144
BHPian

I own a Baleno, so what else can I say?
No comments on the SX4 since I have not sat in one.
But the Baleno is a delight to drive. With 185/70 Michelins, I can do all the zippy manouevres that the car is capable of. Particularly like to do this when behind a Merc or BMW , and watch their astonished faces as they try to play catch-up.
As for looks, when the car is washed and polished, the side-view is seductive. Granted, the rear-view one passes by quickly!

Last edited by filcord : 15th July 2009 at 10:55.
Old 26th December 2009, 22:35   #145
BHPian

Looks - Baleno any day.. Wondering what MUL achieved with the sx4, have driven the sx4 I would say it is not a drivers car.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

While both are not my type of designs, I like the SX4 design more compared to the very dated looks of the Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Looks - Baleno any day.. Wondering what MUL achieved with the sx4, have driven the sx4 I would say it is not a drivers car.
Hmm, There are people here who might want to kill you for this statement! (Of course not me)

Baleno is a driver's car but its design makes it a car without a soul. Sx4, on the other hand, was never meant to be a sedan in the first place. What to do, we Indians want sedans and some car makers would do anything to get them for you. Dzire, Ikon, Sx4,... the list goes on.

Last edited by clevermax : 26th December 2009 at 23:10.
Old 26th December 2009, 23:28   #147
Team-BHP Support

The Baleno is more car like compared to SX4 and as pointed and shown by Furious55,
wish it wasn't dated
Old 27th December 2009, 09:49   #148
BHPian

Though SX4 is a modern car compared to Baleno but it lacks elegance in its design. It is a confused design trying at some places to be a car and some places to be a SUV. The side profile amplifies this confusion if you pan from front to rear, the pillars dont gel well whereas Baleno exudes ageless elegance.
On another hand though, Baleno had very dated interiors and Sx4 is very refreshing and has classy interiors. Baleno's automatic AC looks and feels ancient!
Old 27th December 2009, 14:46   #149
BHPian

I feel SX4 and Baleno should not be compared in the first place. MUL made a mistake by marketing SX4 as the replacement for Baleno.
Old 27th December 2009, 15:18   #150
BHPian

I feel that SX4 looks good and better compared to Baleno. As someone pointed out, Looks are subjective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks