Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which looks better to YOU ?
Baleno 110 46.22%
SX4 128 53.78%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2007, 20:24   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
As i had stated in my post. A lot of vacent spaces under the hood. Is it helpful for performing same crash test getting 4 out of 5? or better or bad?
Does it really matter?

AFAIK, its not the engine components and other 'jam-packed' things inside the bonnet that takes the impact of a crash.

As long as the body structure is designed to take impacts to crumple-zones, it doesnt matter whether there is open space in the engine bay or not.

Also, baleno was known for free space in the engine bay, making it easier to do K&N and the likes.
Old 1st December 2007, 22:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Does it really matter?

AFAIK, its not the engine components and other 'jam-packed' things inside the bonnet that takes the impact of a crash.

As long as the body structure is designed to take impacts to crumple-zones, it doesnt matter whether there is open space in the engine bay or not.

Also, baleno was known for free space in the engine bay, making it easier to do K&N and the likes.
Nice ans. I thought components too are involved in the crash test. Need to search about it.

about K&N and for other mods.
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:37   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SX4 has more security features than baleno like ABS (which is damn imp. for such cars). Baleno lacks just in ABS, rest? No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.

what about the ground clearance of sx4 in india and outside?
In india: 190 mm
Outside India: 175 mm

Here rising the car by 15 mm and adding a boot in india. Don't you think they messed up with the dynamics of the car which we don't notice.

2 cars with same width.... rising one of the car to get more ground clearance. Now which one will be more stable? The one whos body is high or the one with low ground clearance? Adding a boot, with the same wheel base? Stable than the previous one? I don't think so.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dunno if someone had an Emergency Sharp Turn at high speeds in SX4. If yes, please share your views on this point.
In NHC, we criticized so badly about not having safety features. In Civic, some people hated it for the lower GC. All justified. But the irony is that there are yet, people who are critical of SX4 even after providing ABS/Airbags/Ground Clearance. Baleno, a nice yesterday car, excites me (along with OHC). On the contrary, most people hated its design when it was launched intially. But people have come to live with it, and now, almost everyone spoke favorably. So, it's going to be the same story with new cars that have radical design (the most nearest example being NHC).

BTW, your comment and analysis remind me of a person - Ragneesh in Orkut and BlackSpawner in Mouthshut.com, where he posted (and of course dominated) the same lingo/thoughts on SX4 (versus Verna). And coincidently, he too was a die hard Hyundai Lover
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:53   #79
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
So, it's going to be the same story with new cars that have radical design (the most nearest example being NHC).
yes, if the newer generation Honda city is even uglier than the current one
Old 2nd December 2007, 00:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Just voted for Baleno.

I think the SX4 hatch looks much much better than the sedan. Besides, I don't like the gap between the hood and the headlamps in the front. I think it looks awful because of that.
Old 2nd December 2007, 01:31   #81
BHPian

Anyways, its a thread of looks, safety features was going OT.

Let us stick to the looks. hehe Baleno and SX4 going head to head.
Old 2nd December 2007, 10:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

Dude hyundai.lover I suggest that you pop the hood of the baleno and the SX-4 and make your conclusion about the space available 1st.

Next drive a car with Airbags and ABS and do a crash test. If you are in one piece then make such a statement

Quote:
No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.
You probably will realize the need for sucha safety feature.

Quote:
Dunno if someone had an Emergency Sharp Turn at high speeds in SX4. If yes, please share your views on this point
Why not try it yourself when you have the time ?

Quote:
Nice ans. I thought components too are involved in the crash test. Need to search about it.
Please do your search coz both the cars in question have been discussed extensively.

Also quoting Ram's initial post here (Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4) . The reason behind the whole discussion is to know what each t-bhp'ian thinks about both the cars.

I fail to understand the reason why you want to have someone try take an emergency turn at high speeds .
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:17   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Dude hyundai.lover I suggest that you pop the hood of the baleno and the SX-4 and make your conclusion about the space available 1st.

Next drive a car with Airbags and ABS and do a crash test. If you are in one piece then make such a statement

You probably will realize the need for sucha safety feature.

Why not try it yourself when you have the time ?

Please do your search coz both the cars in question have been discussed extensively.

Also quoting Ram's initial post here (Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4) . The reason behind the whole discussion is to know what each t-bhp'ian thinks about both the cars.

I fail to understand the reason why you want to have someone try take an emergency turn at high speeds .
First, can you please stop being sarcastic and stop giving orders like
"Please do your search coz both the cars in question have been discussed extensively. " as i know what to do what not to do. Crazy_driver told me about it and i told him that may be i'm wrong so need to search. Whats wrong in it? or you wanna come into the highlights for no good reason?

2nd for emergency turns, i havnt asked anyone to do first then give reports. at high speeds, anything can come across your way. will try to save yourself or just ramm your car into the object? its just if anyone been into such emergency time, so the person is most welcome to share his experience in that.

chillpill dude please read my previous post. Let us stick to the looks, or i had to say 1000 times to make this thing clear "Stick to the looks of baleno and SX4". that thing is over, Security OT. relax.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 2nd December 2007 at 11:27.
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:37   #84
Senior - BHPian

Comeon guys, don't get into indepth insight on one person's view.. if one is not knowledgeable about certain feature of a car, then do help him in educating that aspect, instead of being personal

BTW, I don't know if its just me, but I find the build quality in Baleno Altura much better than the sedan version.
Old 2nd December 2007, 11:38   #85
BHPian

The SX4 and baleno were both designed for 2.0litre and 1.8litre engines respectively.. both have a relatively roomy engine bay!

I fail to fathom why would someone think that the SX4 is unsafe because its engine bay is a little roomy!

Mr. hyundai.lover.. you have made a very baseless statement about not trusting the SX4's airbags!

I would really like to know why are you of such an opinion.. I myself wanna be aware of something which is potentially unsafe about the SX4's airbags, so that Suzuki can be informed about such negligence/shortcomings (if any).

A family member owns an SX4, and now due to that statement, I'm worried about his safety!
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:09   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Comeon guys, don't get into indepth insight on one person's view.. if one is not knowledgeable about certain feature of a car, then do help him in educating that aspect, instead of being personal

BTW, I don't know if its just me, but I find the build quality in Baleno Altura much better than the sedan version.
thanx iTNerd. Hope few of them should learn this point here instead of going after the person for no good reason. Cheers everyone and relax.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 2nd December 2007 at 12:11.
Old 2nd December 2007, 12:10   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
The SX4 and baleno were both designed for 2.0litre and 1.8litre engines respectively.. both have a relatively roomy engine bay!

I fail to fathom why would someone think that the SX4 is unsafe because its engine bay is a little roomy!

Mr. hyundai.lover.. you have made a very baseless statement about not trusting the SX4's airbags!

I would really like to know why are you of such an opinion.. I myself wanna be aware of something which is potentially unsafe about the SX4's airbags, so that Suzuki can be informed about such negligence/shortcomings (if any).

A family member owns an SX4, and now due to that statement, I'm worried about his safety!
yes, i realised its a baseless statement and i took my words back. Sorry. mods can edit that post of mine.

OT: Had anyone seen baleno's photoshop edit pic with a face lift with angel lights? I think i had seen it somewhere day back. It was looking awesome,
thanx.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 2nd December 2007 at 12:13.
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First, can you please stop being sarcastic and stop giving orders like
"Please do your search coz both the cars in question have been discussed extensively. " as i know what to do what not to do.
Good for you if you know what you need to be doing. No-one's being sarci here and passed orders and if your perception is that , sorry I cant help.

Quote:
Crazy_driver told me about it and i told him that may be i'm wrong so need to search. Whats wrong in it? or you wanna come into the highlights for no good reason?
So you know where you stand and sorry I dint post for cheap thrills like you said. I know of someone who once posted a thread comparing the Baleno with a car which had mal-nutritioned horses for that so called coming into highlights you mentioned. The thread got closed abruptly.

Quote:
Let us stick to the looks, or i had to say 1000 times to make this thing clear "Stick to the looks of baleno and SX4". that thing is over, Security OT. relax.
Thats the intention of my post # 82 where I clearly quoted Ram's initial post.

If you have something personal you wanna express , we have this added feature called PM's.I conjure we make the best use of it .

edit :

Quote:
I respect what you said. Some prefer remaining the opp' of what you said .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 2nd December 2007 at 13:23.
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:19   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
thanx iTNerd. Hope few of them should learn this point here instead of going after the person for no good reason. Cheers everyone and relax.
everyone is going after you because of that accent vs baleno thread.

Quote:
yes, i realised its a baseless statement and i took my words back. Sorry. mods can edit that post of mine.

OT: Had anyone seen baleno's photoshop edit pic with a face lift with angel lights? I think i had seen it somewhere day back. It was looking awesome,
thanx.
that is memo_45ms display pic. it used to be his baleno. he had put golf headlights with angel eyes on it i think.
Old 2nd December 2007, 13:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanx.
You can find memo's angel eyes thread here (Dressing up a BALENO!!) .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks