Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which looks better to YOU ?
Baleno 110 46.22%
SX4 128 53.78%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2009, 13:25   #106
Senior - BHPian

sb by the way that shot was exclusively dedicated to you, forgot to mention that earlier.
Old 5th February 2009, 13:30   #107
BHPian

I prefer the looks of Baleno because it looks much sportier and more sedan like than sx4.
Old 6th February 2009, 00:20   #108
BHPian

I like SX4 for its muscular looks. Its truly male. And my preference is for tall cars where you do not need to crouch to enter in to. Used to my Indica DLS I found it cumbersome to enter and get out of the driving seat of Ikon & Civic at my previous office.

I dont want to be seen in a Baleno, Esteem or Old Honda City as I do not want others to look down on me when I pull up side by side in signals.

If SX4 had a brilliant diesel engine, it would be a worthy contender as my next car.

I have dove tailed SX4s in Bangalore traffic. The road presence is obvious and it almost looks as big as SUVs/MUVs.

I would any day like to be seen in a Safari or Scorpio. But for practical reasons I may not like to own them, and I feel SX4 would be a compromise. And being a Diesel head, only when Maruti repeats a DZIRE (diesel) in SX4

Some pics.

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-dsc09699.jpg

I like this stance, as if about to pounce upon the Innova in front.

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-dsc09718.jpg

I like the tall & heavy look. As tall as the tall boy on the extreme left.

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-dsc09719.jpg

Three SX4s, just as blocking the black Innova. See the black one has the same road presence as the MUV.

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-dsc09720.jpg

Looks comparison: Baleno and SX4-dsc09721.jpg
Old 6th February 2009, 01:12   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
I like SX4 for its muscular looks. Its truly male.

A sedan should look like a sedan and an SUV should like a SUV,a cross between them looks more like a joke for a SUV and a more pathetic joke for a sedan.A sedan having a stance of a MUV is nothing to be proud of.If u want a MUV go buy one,and if u want a sedan buy a car that atleast looks like a sedan.Why to seek a middle way out?And a tallboy hatch is good for practicality but for spirited driving? in a tallboy?Last thing on a driver's mind.Its gross injustice by the manufacturers who refer to the sx4s,nhc and all the 3box cars with cab forward design and high stance as 'sedans'.they should be called 'semi-MUVs' or something and be ket out of the segment of real sedans.
Old 6th February 2009, 03:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Who says SX4 is better looking than a baleno?
ATgAAADIXJ0254_cHov_o3Xx8hJ2-_B6AGvUI_1S-zo93uoTcGLq3AbaCHn_7zd4hu24Vu6xMMLpC0jg68ybyolak1k4AJtU9VAr
Old 6th February 2009, 09:56   #111
Senior - BHPian

The SX4 definately has a more modern styling to it.Its at home with the crop of current cars sold in the market.In comparison the baleno sure looks dated but IMO i still prefer the baleno. I will not say that the baleno is a better looker but it looks more rounded and complete then the sx4.
Old 6th February 2009, 10:44   #112
BHPian

If you go just by looks, SX4 definitely wins hand down.

Its a huge car from outside!

If all of us remember, when it was launched, people liked it so much that, we had many threads comparing SX4 & NHC, all the people were praising the monster look of SX4. In fact people were preferring it just by the looks over NHC.

But when the magic of looks is over it a different story (we all know that)

So, i feel SX4 is definitely better than Baleno, in terms of only looks.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:13   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs
I like SX4 for its muscular looks. Its truly male. And my preference is for tall cars where you do not need to crouch to enter in to.
Some like their cars low-slung, some like it tall - to each his own. The hatch version of SX4 actually looks quite good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs
I dont want to be seen in a Baleno, Esteem or Old Honda City as I do not want others to look down on me when I pull up side by side in signals.
Hmm. And today when they see you at the signal in your car which happens to be the official taxicab of India - the Indica - they must be writhing in their seats with envy - "Wow, look at that lucky guy. He drives an Indica. What would I not give to be in his shoes. Hey, he actually has a V2 - the 2nd version with most of the bugs ironed out. Lucky bugger. And so on and so forth"

We all are proud of the cars we own, but how ridiculous it is to be at the lowest spectrum of the Indian car market that stretches from 2lakhs to 6 crores and to be talking about snob value.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:42   #114
BANNED

I'm sure he meant the seat height.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudheeshnairs View Post
I'm sure the best vehicle for you is a Tata 1207 in that case. No one can look down on you .

Last edited by reignofchaos : 6th February 2009 at 13:06.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:53   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
I'm sure he meant the seat height.
Hrishi if you dint the Baleno has height adjustable seats .
Old 6th February 2009, 13:11   #117
BANNED

Overall seat height, Riju. There is a distinct difference in sitting in a low car and a high car. And I'm sure that's what sudheeshnairs meant. Seen the guys in Omnis or Aces, they sit high and are able to 'look down'.

He's right about the Ikon (& other low cars) in terms of being a pain to get into IF one is used to cars like the Indica. As a driver, its OK but it is more painful if you're a passenger.

And if you Baleno Boys can take a joke, Autocar India called the tail lamps "Meals Ready".

Last edited by hrag : 6th February 2009 at 13:16.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:31   #118
BHPian

I liked the SX4 more than Baleno in looks, especially the rear of baleno is a major let down!
Old 6th February 2009, 13:45   #119
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is modern looking,no doubt,but modern and unconventional does not mean good looking.Baleno's rear end did looked quite blande to many but it looks much more rounded with a spoiler,My main point is baleno wasnt a pretender,it was a sedan and it looked like one whereas SX4 looks like an obese aunty on heels and its frog like stance is quite annoying to low slung sedan lovers like me.
And if SX4 boys can digest it,ACCORDING TO ME SX4 looks like the outcome of a SWIFT going in bed with the current GRAND VITARA.No offence to sx4 lovers

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 6th February 2009 at 13:50.
Old 6th February 2009, 13:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

well maruti likes to make a sedan out of everything..dzire from the swift..which looks a bit grotesque..after all you just cant stick a boot to the swoopy swift design..it was'nt mesnt to...now the SX4's a kinda soft roader in europe...cousin to the Fiat Sedici...now if you try to make a sedan out of a soft roader...this is how it'll look..the overall design does'nt gel well..looks a bit ridiculous to me...even the name's misleading...baleno was a honest sedan..but outdated design...and the rear was '80s..i like the baleno more though!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks