Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which looks better to YOU ?
Baleno 110 46.22%
SX4 128 53.78%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 13:29   #61
Senior - BHPian

Cant we have a none option here?
Old 30th November 2007, 13:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

I voted Baleno without viewing the poll results which I find surprising.
IMHO Baleno is miles ahead of SX4 when it comes to looks. It had a certain kind of symmetry and proper proportions, something that's totally missing in SX4.
Old 30th November 2007, 13:32   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Cant we have a none option here?
Do you mean to say both look equally good (or bad) to you?
Old 30th November 2007, 14:09   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
If I exaggerate my feelings, it looks like if Contessa Classic is parked side by side to Grande Vitara.
Spot on. Both are looking out of a completely different families.

To me Baleno is still a better car. SX4 looks very big and heavy.

Last edited by kjdesigns_2000 : 30th November 2007 at 14:11.
Old 30th November 2007, 14:32   #65
BHPian

SX4 is my choice, Baleno looks normal & dull, IMHO.
Old 30th November 2007, 15:15   #66
BHPian

Folks,
I upgraded to SX-4 from Esteem.Actually i opted because of Maruti badge and not for its looks.I find it odd.

"Informed" people were always aware that the Baleno was a good performance vehicle.But,It's looks never appealed to many.According to me that was reason for it not being a successful model.
Old 30th November 2007, 18:03   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
As far as I am concerned the sx4 is better built than the baleno. its not looks I go for it the drivability I seen in the rides I have.
Baleno is a clear winner as far as built is concerned acc. to me.
Reason: Open SX4's hood and you will see a lot of Empty spaces, which is not a good thing on the time of front impacts. Where as SX4 was made for bigger engine not for 1.6L engine but i think 2.0L one with more weight and size. Baleno is moreover much aerodynamic than SX4.

Anyways, its a thread for the looks. Sorry for OT

Correct me if i'm wrong.
regards

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 30th November 2007 at 18:06.
Old 30th November 2007, 19:49   #68
Senior - BHPian

Well DCEite i think both look equally the same lookswise. I would rank them 7/10 for looks.
Old 1st December 2007, 11:39   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
Baleno is a clear winner as far as built is concerned acc. to me.
Reason: Open SX4's hood and you will see a lot of Empty spaces, which is not a good thing on the time of front impacts. Where as SX4 was made for bigger engine not for 1.6L engine but i think 2.0L one with more weight and size. Baleno is moreover much aerodynamic than SX4.

Anyways, its a thread for the looks. Sorry for OT

Correct me if i'm wrong.
regards
Well even the baleno has a lot of empty space its also built for a bigger engine, but the sx4 comes with most safty features that is offered in the market the baleno din't, and the sx4 is the same layout throught in every market the baleno is not which means the sx4 frame is made to international standards with no compromises as the car was first launched in India... India played the proving ground for the sx4 sedan....... Well all i ssay is for the price i paid for the baleno i paid almost the same price for the sx4 and it has more value for money and is safer than the baleno(1st hand experince)...
Old 1st December 2007, 14:12   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
Well even the baleno has a lot of empty space its also built for a bigger engine, but the sx4 comes with most safty features that is offered in the market the baleno din't, and the sx4 is the same layout throught in every market the baleno is not which means the sx4 frame is made to international standards with no compromises as the car was first launched in India... India played the proving ground for the sx4 sedan....... Well all i ssay is for the price i paid for the baleno i paid almost the same price for the sx4 and it has more value for money and is safer than the baleno(1st hand experince)...
SX4 has more security features than baleno like ABS (which is damn imp. for such cars). Baleno lacks just in ABS, rest? No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.

what about the ground clearance of sx4 in india and outside?
In india: 190 mm
Outside India: 175 mm

Here rising the car by 15 mm and adding a boot in india. Don't you think they messed up with the dynamics of the car which we don't notice.

2 cars with same width.... rising one of the car to get more ground clearance. Now which one will be more stable? The one whos body is high or the one with low ground clearance? Adding a boot, with the same wheel base? Stable than the previous one? I don't think so.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dunno if someone had an Emergency Sharp Turn at high speeds in SX4. If yes, please share your views on this point.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 1st December 2007 at 14:21.
Old 1st December 2007, 14:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.

Could you elobrate on this?

I haven't voted here but can we have a poll on looks between SX4 and NHC?
Old 1st December 2007, 17:42   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.
Please be sure before making sweeping statements like this. I dont trust anything made by Hyundai, now is that statement justified. I dont like the SX4 much, nor do i own or plan to own it, but making such baseless statements is just adding onto bandwich, rather then displaying inner emotions and feelings.

No offense.
Old 1st December 2007, 17:55   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
SX4 has more security features than baleno like ABS (which is damn imp. for such cars). Baleno lacks just in ABS, rest? No offense but i don't trust airbags provided in SX4, so i'm neglecting that.

what about the ground clearance of sx4 in india and outside?
In india: 190 mm
Outside India: 175 mm

Here rising the car by 15 mm and adding a boot in india. Don't you think they messed up with the dynamics of the car which we don't notice.

2 cars with same width.... rising one of the car to get more ground clearance. Now which one will be more stable? The one whos body is high or the one with low ground clearance? Adding a boot, with the same wheel base? Stable than the previous one? I don't think so.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Dunno if someone had an Emergency Sharp Turn at high speeds in SX4. If yes, please share your views on this point.
what makes you say that the airbags are untrustworthy? statements like that is what is going to get people over here to dislike you and to figure out that you have no knowledge of cars. heck you might even get banned for it. enough OT though.

btw did you know the sx4 sedan has also been launched in the us? and just so that you know. the ground clearance of the sx4 hatch is 200mm. the car also has a 4star ncap rating.

if you dont trust the japs you should be a nervous wreck driving around in that hyundai.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:49   #74
BHPian

lol Suzuki vs Hyundai? Cut it Busa and have a chill pill. Stick to Baleno vs SX4. I think i havnt commented anything on hyundai or on suzuki. Just SX4 and Baleno.

and same thing goes for akshay1234,
For what reason mods should ban me? for just commenting that i don't trust sx4 airbags? Duh!! ok i take my words back. Now what?

So, Please stick to baleno vs sx4.
thanx

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 1st December 2007 at 19:06.
Old 1st December 2007, 18:59   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
btw did you know the sx4 sedan has also been launched in the us? and just so that you know. the ground clearance of the sx4 hatch is 200mm. the car also has a 4star ncap rating.
Sorry i never knew about the ground clearance and it was launched in America too . Just refered to one of the suzuki website.
Suzuki Auto
clearly stating ground clearance: 6.9 inch and that of too Hatchback.
6.9 inch = 175 mm
200 mm = 7.8 inch

Crash test: 4 out of 5.
nice.
As i had stated in my post. A lot of vacent spaces under the hood. Is it helpful for performing same crash test getting 4 out of 5? or better or bad?

Note: We are talking about the 2 Sedans. SX4 and Baleno. Not about the companies. So, please let it be sx4 and baleno.

Last edited by Hyundai.Lover : 1st December 2007 at 19:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks