| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|1st December 2007, 16:57||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2007
Thanked: 209 Times
Mahindra Scorpio vs Sumo NOT Tata Safari please
Why does everybody compare the Mahindra Scorpio with the Tata Safari? I think the Scorpio should be compared only with the Tata Sumo.
The Scorpio is not a true Sports Utility Vehicle.
Here are some basic characteristics that one expects from an SUV
1. 4 wheel drive: The Scorpio does not have it while the Safari does.
2. High ground clearance: At 185mm the ground clearance of the Scorpio is lower even than the Maruti SX4 sedan (190mm) not to mention the Ford Fusion (198mm). The Safari has an immense 205mm which is well in the league of international SUVs.
3. Spare wheel on tail gate: No doubt this is cosmetic but even this is missing on the Scorpio. Instead it has a fake air scoop on the bonnet. How juvenile.
The shape, wheel base, (bouncy) ride quality etc of the Scorpio are all very similar to the Sumo and hence I feel this would be the right comparison. No doubt the Scorpio has a better look than the Sumo but park them side by side and take a look from the front, back and sides and the similarities will be all too obvious.
There is no doubt in my mind that the Tata Safari is a true blooded SUV unlike the Mahindra Scorpio.
|1st December 2007, 19:16||#2|
Join Date: Jan 2005
Thanked: 16,799 Times
Thread closed because your assumptions are wrong. This thread will only start a flame war.
1) Scorpio does comes in 4x4 variant, many members own it, it can be ordered.
2) The GC refers to the shortest distance between the underbelly and the ground. The GC specified is usually laden in case of SUV, and unladen in case of cars. That means a fully loaded SX4 will have less GC than fully loaded Scorpio. BTW, it is not that simple either. SUVs usually have much higher average GC compared to cars. That means, in case of SX4 most of the underbelly may be closed to 190mm, while the Scorpio will have very few parts close to 185mm. Look under both Scorpio and SX4 before drawing conclusions.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tata Sumo Gold - Refreshed Sumo!||safari_lover||The Indian Car Scene||466||5th June 2017 14:00|
|Mahindra XUV500 vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Tata Safari Storme vs Renault Duster vs Tata Aria||a4anurag||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||116||10th May 2017 15:34|
|Tata Safari or Tata Sumo Grande orrr... what?? EDIT: Finally it is a Mahindra Scorpio||gshanky||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||90||29th January 2010 20:39|
|SCOOP! New Tata Sumo Picture. EDIT : Now launched as Sumo Grande||MillionSwords||The Indian Car Scene||217||26th October 2009 20:16|
|Tata Sumo Victa GX IDI Turbo or Sumo Grande GX||drmessiah||SUVs, MUVs & 4x4s||11||20th April 2009 18:16|