Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 01:31   #46
BHPian

Re: when is kizashi coming to india

I thought their first launch for 2011 would be Swift:(

Well, when TATA can launch a vehicle for 18L why not Maruti?? They have one of the best A.S.S in India.

Maruti alike TATA wants to improve their image in India so they are coming out with this Kizashi.
Old 22nd December 2010, 02:07   #47
BHPian

Based on the numerous sites predicting the price-point for Kizashi, I'd say 60% say 18L and the rest say 12-14L. Lets' hope the minority wins this time, if not, then it better be atleast 1.5x better than the Accord/Superb.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
Based on the numerous sites predicting the price-point for Kizashi, I'd say 60% say 18L and the rest say 12-14L. Lets' hope the minority wins this time, if not, then it better be atleast 1.5x better than the Accord/Superb.
I too have the rumours mills running in support of 12 - 13l slab, and will compete the likes of civic, cruze, corolla and jetta...
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:09   #49
BHPian

Todays Deccan Herald reports that the Kizashi will be launched during the third week of January 2011 within the price bracket of Rs. 10-12 lakhs. So all those waiting for the Kizashi cheer up.
Old 22nd December 2010, 11:15   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Todays Deccan Herald reports that the Kizashi will be launched during the third week of January 2011 within the price bracket of Rs. 10-12 lakhs. So all those waiting for the Kizashi cheer up.
If this is true, Maruti will rule the Civic/laura segment for sure

Kizashi will be launched with a 2.0 litre engine and not the 2.4 l displayed in 2010 Delhi Auto Expo.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...n-kizashi.html

Last edited by bnzjon : 22nd December 2010 at 11:19.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:28   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Kizashi will be launched with a 2.0 litre engine and not the 2.4 l displayed in 2010 Delhi Auto Expo.
\
If its the 2.0 liter engine we can expect the following specs for the engine. It does duty on the SX4 in Australia.
Name:  Picture 1.png
Views: 1744
Size:  29.3 KB
Source: Suzuki Australia | SX4 AWD | Specifications
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:43   #52
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i dont think ever has been any public announcement by Maruti with respect to the Kizashi Pricing. All the price ideas going around town are mere speculation. Maruti is probably confused out of there mind with respect to the pricing of the Kizashi. They clearly have a car which is bigger and more capable than the Civic/Corolla/Cruze category and a car slightly smaller and less capable than a Accord/Superb/Camry. They cant price it at 12 L as it wont cover costs and they cant price near the Accord and Superb because no one will buy it !

The perfect price for this product in my opinion is that they price it at 15 L on road and pack with with goodies like a Sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Sound System among the other category standard features.

It is a great car with good reviews and i hope Maruti is smart about the pricing.
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:14   #53
BHPian

In today's Newspaper (Deccan Herald, Bangalore), Maruti has officially declared to introduce Kizashi in early 2011. No mention of Price. However the engine has been changed from 2.4 to 2.0. Maybe thats how they can make it a bit affordable.
Targeting Corolla, laura, Civic - i maybe in the range of 12 L to 15 L for Top end.
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:05   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Guys, i dont think ever has been any public announcement by Maruti with respect to the Kizashi Pricing. All the price ideas going around town are mere speculation. Maruti is probably confused out of there mind with respect to the pricing of the Kizashi. They clearly have a car which is bigger and more capable than the Civic/Corolla/Cruze category and a car slightly smaller and less capable than a Accord/Superb/Camry. They cant price it at 12 L as it wont cover costs and they cant price near the Accord and Superb because no one will buy it !

The perfect price for this product in my opinion is that they price it at 15 L on road and pack with with goodies like a Sunroof, Rockford Fosgate Sound System among the other category standard features.

It is a great car with good reviews and i hope Maruti is smart about the pricing.
The article in Deccan says 11-12L ex showroom. I am not sure though, if it is fully imported from Japan, how it can be priced at 12L. Any ways if it is true, this would mean on road price between 14-15L, depending on the state. This in my opinion is a good competitive price. The 2L engine (if it is the same as SX4 international engine), develops 150BHP which is much better than a civic or Altis.
Old 23rd December 2010, 14:30   #55
Senior - BHPian

I saw a ticker in yesterday's Bloomberg UTV saying that the Kizashi would be launched in Jan 2011 and that it is not going to be a volume product - which means it's more likely to come in as a CBU which also means the pricing should be on the higher side.
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:15   #56
BHPian

If it is in CBU form, then why did Maruti wait for so long? I believe there will some amount of localization to bring down the price to make it even more competitive.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:47   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
If this is true, Maruti will rule the Civic/laura segment for sure

Maruti Suzuki to launch new sedan Kizashi soon
Ok. Today's economic times has an interview of RC Bhargava. Clearly mentions Kizashi will be in the league of Accord and Camry.

Extract:
You are planning to launch the Kizashi next month, but you had accepted that you are up against some very serious competition in that segment. How are you confident that this product is really going to work when you are comparing it with the likes of Camry and an Accord?

We will be giving better value for money than the cars in that segment which are available. When the Kizashi comes, you will find that it is very well designed, fully loaded car and like most of our products, we may certainly not get to the No.1 position, but I think the Kizashi will get good acceptance. We will at least learn a little more about what customers in that segment want and I would be surprised if there isn’t a reasonably good response to the Kizashi.

Full article:
Maruti Suzuki Kizashi will get good acceptance: RC Bhargava - The Economic Times
Old 24th December 2010, 18:44   #58
Senior - BHPian

Its clearly a case of Maruti not learning from there mistakes. They are going to try and sell a car which is smaller than the accord and superb at there price range! The Suzuki badge has no premium appeal and what are the premium goodies Mr. Bhargava is talking about? What does the Superb for example not have that the Kizashi will have? How will they make a better product offering? Is maruti planning to offer features that are normally found on the higher end Mercs and BMWs like the Rear Seat Entertainment units and massager seats to offer better features than the Superb etc?
Old 25th December 2010, 13:54   #59
Senior - BHPian

I read somewhere Kizashi is getting launched on 21st Jan 2011. Any confirmed news ?
Old 27th December 2010, 20:13   #60
BHPian

Well,seems like maruti is going to launch it on 28th january 2011.

source:vicky blog

link:Maruti to launch Kizashi on January 28 | Vicky.in | Indian Automobile Blog | Car Reviews | Bike Reviews | Test Drive Reports | Pictures | Videos
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks