Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 10:36   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
when they jump in front and dance in front of your bike/car.
You mean like this?!

More pics here :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...depiction.html
Old 5th December 2007, 21:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post

3 - 4 times a Month up and down from Bangalore to Kerala? > Buy it in Kerala
3 - 4 times a Quarter up and down from Bangalore to Kerala?
> Buy it in Kerala
3 - 4 times a Year up and down from Bangalore to Kerala?
> Buy it in Karnataka

My humble suggestion!
3 - 4 times in an year I meant.....
Old 5th December 2007, 21:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
When will this partiality mindset stop in our country? It's really irritating to see that you're considered as a stranger in your own country!
You are very right. Its really disappointing. This kind of attitude can be noticed in all over India.

Do you know that in Noida (certain sectors) the house owners are not allowed to rent their flats/apartments to bachelor boys? This is a decision taken by RWA (resident’s welfare association) and owners who have a different opinion are forced to do so. Otherwise the owners of the flats are harassed in different ways.

Once after I came back from a 3 months business trip, my house owner gave me a notice to vacate . Finally I registered a complaint at Indian President’s public relations and the case is at court now. The RWA was been asked for explanation.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 5th December 2007 at 21:45.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:51   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Hi IronWolf,

I have all the documents including the NOC. Can someone pls help me with the figures or atleast give me an estimate.

Cheers
Shrey
If I am right, your vehicle will be re-assessed same as the way they do for your insurance every year. Based on this price you will have to pay the current % of RT presently applicable until the 15th year of your vehicle. In other words if your vehicle is 3 years old according to the re-assessed value, you will have to pay for 15-3= 12 years tax. And this is the magic number you have to pay. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 5th December 2007 at 21:55.
Old 5th December 2007, 22:17   #35
BHPian

Thanks HCP! lemme try visiting the RTO without the car and find out!

Shrey
Old 5th December 2007, 22:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Go right ahead and buy in Kerala - the difference is (or at least was when I bought) almost 80K.

I have always had an AP registration bike and a KL regn car. I have used them extensively everywhere.... I have NEVER been caught even once in my 8 years in Blr.

Secondly the law clearly states that onus of proof in this case is with the cops - it is they who need to prove that the car has been in the state CONTINUOUSLY for the last 6 months. And get even one petrol bill from Hosur (or any other state - and TN is the closest from Bangy) with any date on it and you can drive - AND PROVE - that 'the car' just came into Bangy. There is nothing in the book that prevents it being brought into the state multiple times in a year... the catch here is it needs to be proven that it was being driven on KArnataka roads " CONTINOUSLY for preceding 6 months " - impossible to prove. Just stick to your guns and tells them hawks you know the rules too - they have always let me go!

Lastly - please ALWAYS get your PUC done from outside Karnataka State - that really helps!
Old 5th December 2007, 23:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb100 View Post
Go right ahead and buy in Kerala - the difference is (or at least was when I bought) almost 80K.
Now the difference for CRDI+ABS Verna is approx 50K

Quote:
I have always had an AP registration bike and a KL regn car. I have used them extensively everywhere.... I have NEVER been caught even once in my 8 years in Blr.

Secondly the law clearly states that onus of proof in this case is with the cops - it is they who need to prove that the car has been in the state CONTINUOUSLY for the last 6 months. And get even one petrol bill from Hosur (or any other state - and TN is the closest from Bangy) with any date on it and you can drive - AND PROVE - that 'the car' just came into Bangy. There is nothing in the book that prevents it being brought into the state multiple times in a year... the catch here is it needs to be proven that it was being driven on KArnataka roads " CONTINOUSLY for preceding 6 months " - impossible to prove. Just stick to your guns and tells them hawks you know the rules too - they have always let me go!

Lastly - please ALWAYS get your PUC done from outside Karnataka State - that really helps!
KB, one doubt: Is it that you were never been caught??? Or always you could prove that you came in Bangy within 6 months with the above said proof and Cops/RTO let you go ???

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 5th December 2007 at 23:10.
Old 5th December 2007, 23:22   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Now the difference for CRDI+ABS Verna is approx 50K

Wow.. How much is the road tax in Kerala now? ... It used to be some 18k for my Accent CRDi in back in 2003 (and almost a clear lac in Bangy then)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
KB, one doubt: Is it that you were never been caught??? Or always you could prove that you came in Bangy within 6 months with the above said proof and Cops/RTO let you go ???
With the car (KL regd) I was never caught. With the bike I used to be caught regularly - but the petrol bill was always around .
Old 5th December 2007, 23:44   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Wow.. How much is the road tax in Kerala now? ... It used to be some 18k for my Accent CRDi in back in 2003 (and almost a clear lac in Bangy then)

Days are gone. Now the RT in kerala is 46K (car Ex-showroom price = 8 lakhs approx)
Quote:
With the car (KL regd) I was never caught. With the bike I used to be caught regularly - but the petrol bill was always around .
But what you think about the bargain stuff ??? Dont you think that I can bargain much better in Bangalore than in Cochin? And considering the corporate discount I can avail in Bangalore dont you think difference will come down a lot ?
Old 6th December 2007, 18:17   #40
BHPian

"I have always had an AP registration bike and a KL regn car. I have used them extensively everywhere.... I have NEVER been caught even once in my 8 years in Blr."
But you have to insure the car in bangalore every year. in that date will be mentioned and it will indicate that you have been in bangy for more than 6 months?
Old 7th December 2007, 19:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
But you have to insure the car in Bangalore every year. in that date will be mentioned and it will indicate that you have been in bangy for more than 6 months?

Nope.. Not really... All I needed to do was to send the cheque to the insurance company the minute their reminder hits me - so status quo was maintained .... I subsequently shifted to ICICI and bought that policy in Bangy - but again all insurance companies will ONLY use the address mentioned in the RC Book - again problem solved! IN fact got a discount since the address and registration was a Cochin based one! (something to do with smaller cities being cheaper). Insurance is valid throughout India - therefore it does not matter where you buy it from - the only thing that matters is the validity or period of cover!
Old 7th December 2007, 22:12   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I subsequently shifted to ICICI and bought that policy in Bangy - but again all insurance companies will ONLY use the address mentioned in the RC Book - again problem solved!
Woowwww... this is a news to me. So the only thing you need to take care is the PUC which I dont think you can do much
Old 19th December 2007, 22:46   #43
BHPian

Please Advice guys

I will be reaching Bangalore by Jan 2nd week and by the time prices will shoot up. Add up to this, I will loose the new year discount too.

So I m thinking of booking it through my Dad at trivandrum. But is it possible for me to drove it down to Bangalore with the Temp registration at kerala and do the Actual registration at Bangy? Is there anyone did this? Waiting for you guys' advice.

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 19th December 2007 at 22:47.
Old 2nd January 2008, 06:37   #44
BANNED

One idea of not getting caught is to write the number plate in Kannada !

I've seen lots of bikes with Kannada no. plates.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ading-rto.html
Old 24th August 2012, 13:21   #45
BHPian

Re: Buying in Cochin and using in Bangalore

Sorry for bumping a four year old thread, Is there any improvment in the Bangy RTO scene? My baby sis and hubby are planning to get their first car(both of them are novice drivers) and there is a difference of around 80K between Thrissur and Bangalore OTR? They would be in bangalore for the next 4-5 years. Does it make any sense in buying the car from Kerala and using it in bangalore? I dont think i should be even asking this question, but thought i would just get it confirmed eitherways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks