Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 22:15   #16
SRK
Senior - BHPian

WOW I saw the full "LINES" Ad on the youtube. The full lenght never feauterd when I used to see the TV.

By the way I loved the Music in the old ad where it Jumps high and then comes down.
And that one where a Red Safari was featured was great too.. The Whackaoo!! one..
Old 5th December 2007, 22:33   #17
Senior - BHPian

The lines ad is one of the best auto ads that I seen in some time. Though its lengthy, the viewer will certainly wait till the end to see the product advertised. I care very less for ads with celebrities.
Old 11th February 2009, 13:11   #18
Senior - BHPian

The new one doing rounds on the TV.

Old 11th February 2009, 13:25   #19
BHPian

The music of the 'Remember' advertisement of the Safari Dicor seems to be inspired by 'The Gladiator theme' by Hans Zimmer. I loved the Safari Dicor- Make your own road series advertisement where there was this parrot in the jungle who screeched of the engine revs sound. Anyone has a link to this ad? couldn't find it on you tube.
Old 11th February 2009, 16:11   #20
abk
BHPian

Despite confessing my bias towards Tata Safari I must say the Safari adverts are the best I have seen for any Indian automobile. There have been occasional brilliant adverts of other vehicles but the consistency of the Safari adverts depicting their theme wonderfully has been outstanding. I remember listening on FM of a Safari advert. The radio dropped silence for a stretch of time (10 / 20 seconds it seemed) and then came the voice: "The new Safari Dicor for 6.xx lacs. It takes little to reclaim your life". I appreciated the silence between all the chatters and noises that FM channels now broadcast between music.
Old 11th February 2009, 16:56   #21
BANNED

All the Safari ads are just out of the world.

Makes you feel your inner world .

No other car maker has done this much justice to its product.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:03   #22
BHPian

The ads that Tata has been putting put for the last year or so have been really great. Some of them that I remember are Tata Sumo Grande, Tata Safari (Reclaim your life), Tata Indica Vista and the latest one on Tata Safari.

They sure have got the right guy for making the ads. I hope to see the quality of their vehicles in the same league someday. And they are definitely moving in the right directions with the limited edition Indica Vista (10 Anniversary) car.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:07   #23
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep have seen the latest advt. It is nice or rather the best among the rest. But then they always are - at least to me. Yet no one seems to buy my favorite SUV.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:09   #24
Senior - BHPian

I love the Lines ad. I had that as my mobile ringtone. Unfortunately that tone got deleted and the line ad has now disappeared from you cool toad. Can someone please give it to me?
Old 11th February 2009, 17:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I love the Lines ad. I had that as my mobile ringtone. Unfortunately that tone got deleted and the line ad has now disappeared from you cool toad. Can someone please give it to me?
If I remember correctly that was based on the movie soundtrack, "Requiem for a Dream".

and that should be easy to find.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:30   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Tata always seems to start off with long ads, which then get edited.
It is a smart thing to do from the company's perspective. Makes you remember the longer version of the ad everytime, yet they pay only for the shortened version of the ad.

EDIT: The Indica V2 ad where the guy gets slapped for telling a lie is the best of the lot. This one is very good too. TATAs seem to have a good ad agency. Any idea who they use? Or is it inhouse?

Last edited by Proxima : 11th February 2009 at 17:32.
Old 11th February 2009, 17:48   #27
BHPian

[quote=seem to have a good ad agency. Any idea who they use? Or is it inhouse?[/QUOTE]

The adv Agency is Mudra. As per my knowledge Mudra do adv's for all TATA brands. (Titan, Fasttrack, Himaliya, tata Motors, Tata Steel, ACC, TCS)

All these brand advs are great. I personnely prefere the Reclaim your self Adv and the TATA Sierra adv.
Old 13th February 2009, 10:50   #28
BHPian

I may not that big of Safari for various reasons, but Safari Adverts have been consistently one of my favorites. The 'Reclaim your Life' theme is just tooooo good! brilliant concept!

Elito
Old 13th February 2009, 10:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Mudra has indeed done some nice ads for TATA. I also used to like the Sierra print ads in my school/college days. The latest safari ad "which one would you remember" theme is just super cool!!
I only wish the products match to the ad quality!!( My personal opinion, i do not want to start yet another 'match' on this thread)
Old 13th February 2009, 10:59   #30
BHPian

Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Does anybody know whose music it is? This is one among the coolest ads I have seen...

Almost makes me sell myself and buy it...!
This seems like a tune from film Gladiator, though not sure. Anyhow music is very good.

Most Viewed