Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2009, 11:07   #31
BHPian

Did anyone notice the new ad calls it 'SAFARI DICOR' and NOT 'TATA SAFARI DICOR' like before, with just a small tata logo at the bottom of the screen.

Thats a first.

Elito
Old 13th February 2009, 11:10   #32
Senior - BHPian

Saw the ad yesterday only, found it NICE !! Though didn't like dual tone safari placed at the end.
Old 13th February 2009, 12:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Anybody notice that the door mirrors have the indicators integrated into them. You can see them on the car in the last short where you see the car on the Hill. I think theres are some subtle changes in this car although more cosmetic I presume!

They also seem to have switched to a two tone paint scheme the cladding is silver the car is black/dark blue or some dark color

Last edited by canonball : 13th February 2009 at 12:52.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:11   #34
Senior - BHPian

Excelent music and nice ad which emphasise on the brand rather then on selling a car. They sure know how to make a brand.
Old 13th February 2009, 14:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Anybody notice that the door mirrors have the indicators integrated into them. You can see them on the car in the last short where you see the car on the Hill. I think theres are some subtle changes in this car although more cosmetic I presume!

They also seem to have switched to a two tone paint scheme the cladding is silver the car is black/dark blue or some dark color
You beat me to it... i saw them as well. Another minor facelift for the Safari on the way?
Old 13th February 2009, 14:29   #36
Senior - BHPian

extreme torque feels good to get that - they displayed a car with that type of mirror at the 08 Delhi auto show I recall seeing pics. Did you notice what they have done in place where the old indicator used to be on the fender I forgot to see taht spoy, the mirror caught my attention. They would not have got new dye tooling for new fender instead they might have put some badging to plug the hole.

Been trying to call my tata insider but the guys phone is switched of this usually happens when he is on holiday or at training in the pune plant = new car launch.

Last edited by canonball : 13th February 2009 at 14:34.
Old 16th February 2009, 05:21   #37
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
If I remember correctly that was based on the movie soundtrack, "Requiem for a Dream".

and that should be easy to find.
Dear bblost, I could not find the song on the web. Any direct links or other pointers? This song has been haunting me & I need it
Old 16th February 2009, 10:17   #38
BHPian

Here you go! The mp3 link is also there

Tata Safari Dicor ‘Reclaim Your Life’ Ad What an Advertise-Meant?

I used "Audacity" to cut the last part to eliminate the man's voice, and gave a fadeout. Now its my ringtone!
Old 20th February 2009, 02:05   #39
abk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
Here you go! The mp3 link is also there

Tata Safari Dicor ‘Reclaim Your Life’ Ad What an Advertise-Meant?

I used "Audacity" to cut the last part to eliminate the man's voice, and gave a fadeout. Now its my ringtone!
Dear reppy, thanks a lot! However, I bumped into that URL well before I posted my request here on TBHP. Unfortunately, all the google-ing did not give me what i was hoping for: the complete original song, that is, if one exists. I searched using the couple of lines of lyrics but all futile. My search continues..
Old 21st February 2009, 11:13   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

"If you looked back on your life, what would you remember ?"

Salute to the team behind this ad! Image is a huge selling point for the Safari; Tata knows this only too well. What a fantastic way to make a lifestyle positioning. Tata Motors has always had the best tv ads, but this one takes the cake.
Old 21st February 2009, 12:15   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
They sure know how to make a brand.
You wish they apply that to their cars? Just asking mates
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:41   #42
BHPian

Interesting reactions from ad agencies on Tata Safari ad

I have been trying to decide which SUV to buy for some time now and postponing it since the "perfect" one never comes along. My google alert on Safari brought up this interesting article on New safari ad. You can see the details at afaqs! > news & features > Tata Safari Dicor: 'Reclaim Your Life' in New Zealand

Some rather interesting observations from Industry folks apart from decent history of brand and ads from the past. I wanted to get some reactions from TBHPians on validity of these comments (not the vehicle itself).

1) as quoted from one of the honchos- "ad may suffer from a ‘TG (target group) mismatch’. But life is about balancing passion with action. You cannot let one go for the other. This film is about giving up the ‘corner room’ and then living life. Interesting from an execution perspective but my hunch is that an average Safari user is not the corner room, VIP lounge guy anyway – he is the earthy, outdoorsy guy and the brand communication may miss the real Safari audience,Somehow it talks to a much more expensive, high end SUV buyer."

what I think : Target group mismatch seems to be complete non-sense to me. I guess many folks between 30-45 year bracket own safari on TBHP - and all of them seek a work-life balance and need a vehicle which can do both the things. The ad does not ask me to "give up my office or the airline lounge" but add a healthy dose of outdoors - to go where others dont - and to have good memories of it. I marvel at pictures of Tanveer in Rajasthan - and my own memories of taking a capable vehicle offroad in sands in dubai - but apart from a few memories of doing some nifty coding - dont want to remember much of my office life.

Does it speak only to high end SUV buyer - they wouldnt buy Safari. They will sit at back seat of CRV or Pilot or Prado (extremely capable offroader but these guys wont take 35 lakh+ vehicle to the potholers) with all attendant creature comforts - carry golf kit - not the tent and the barbeque kit

2) "I think the prettiness in this film robs the brand of realism!" and the disbelief factor

Prettiness is fine in an ad which wants you to experience wilderness, there is beauty in Indian outdoors as well - however I do feel the tent pitched on cliff side was quite stupid. Dont recall any tents which have a solid floor to support a full grown man suspended in air - unnecessary as a tent shot at high altitude would have done the same magic.

3) “If it’s a life statement by the brand, it should be thought provoking and not preachy.”

Your opinion guys - preachy ? - I found it teasing - not to the same extent as the old ones - but if you've been there - that misty smelling of fresh clean cold air on a mountain top or the strange sensation of non-chlorinated water up your nostril..makes you want to go there again and again.

Now only if this car was without the niggles and issues and potential lemons... I would have bought it by now cash down

Cheers
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:14   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest one is absolutely superb - beautifully executed. It has my vote as one of the most memorable.

Incidentally the earlier one had a sound track that had somewhat similar tones as "Requiem for a Dream", but it no way was is the same. Similar genre, thats it.
Old 2nd March 2009, 15:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajchetan View Post
The adv Agency is Mudra. As per my knowledge Mudra do adv's for all TATA brands. (Titan, Fasttrack, Himaliya, tata Motors, Tata Steel, ACC, TCS)
This one's done by O&M. and incidentally, the music is given by the same guy who did "You and I" hutch campaign.
Tata Motors was with Draftfcb (they did the Indica work for them - but not Safari ever) along with Voltas and Tata Tele - TCS also went with Draftfcb for "experience certainity" campaign. I guess they decide to hire agencies on company brand basis now
Old 25th March 2009, 14:23   #45
BANNED

Two old print advertisements for the (old) Safari

New TATA Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT advertisement-safari-ad1.jpg New TATA Safari Dicor 2.2 VTT advertisement-safari-ad2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks