Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2008, 16:15   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
This crossed my mind a hundred times in the last 3 weeks but not able to secure a MHawk engine which can be easily fitted in safari4*4 and two workshops I hesitatingly asked, scared me away and M&M workshop is not willing to sell me Mhawk engine alone.

Now why would you want to retrofit an underpowered 2.2 mhawk engine in a 2.2 safari??

Please, help me if you can by suggesting how can this be done economically( within 12-13 lakhs) - new 4*4 body and mhawk engine. I was also thinking that why not buy a mhawk, rip off the front seats and side mirrors and retrofit- roof mounted ac, electric orvms, and seat height adjustments- but then airbags, ebd , ba still missing apart from 4*4 tranny.

Wheres the economics . You might as well buy a safari 2.2 VX 4x4.
You may have the money, but do you really have the time or the professional resource to do all that youve mentioned above?

If I buy VX 4*4 Safari, then I get most, but not tyretronic and cruise control and it also doesnt have left foot rest( driver).

Trust me buddy you wont miss the tyretronics(mahindratronics- overpricing vehicles with stupid gimmics,etcetc) in a safari and even those who own mhawk safaris wouldnt notice the tyretronics after a few months of ownership... As an example, how many people actually notice the seatbelt unfastened sign in their cars once the beep goes off?? and theres very few places in this country where you can effectively use the cruise control.
So we may have a poll whether its better to buy a safari and transplant scorpio's engine and features or vice versa ( catch22 situation).
I see no reason for a poll here since you are probably the only one on this entire forum who would want to buy a new safari and put a scorpio engine in it. its not a catch 22 - but there isnt any catch!!
No offence.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 5th June 2008 at 16:18.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:16   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i dint get u! when both cars are priced similarly, whats with this "niche group"??
Well, niche is like "exclusive" & not for the masses
Quote:
i mean, when i can afford a 10 lakh scorpio, why cant i buy a safari?
Again, its not about who can afford what but what they chose to buy when they can afford it
Quote:
if people are choosing a scorpio over the safari, especially when both are similar in pricing, it definetely means the SCORPIO is for the masses and not the safari.
Isn't that exactly what I've said below (along with the reasons why the "niche" exists) -
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
The Safari is not a car for the masses as the sales numbers may show - it has a niche group that buys it, road presence, power & ride comfort are high on their list.

Last edited by suman : 5th June 2008 at 16:18.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:22   #168
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
thats because 83% of SUV owners in t-bhp own safari and only 17% own scorpios.
Women prefering Scorpio? i am not aware but yes i've seen some of them driving. Maybe its because, its smaller,and drives like a car, and more secure than driving any hatchback or a sedan, but certainly not all kind of women prefer driving a scorpio, some section of them maybe.

Going back to what you've mentioned, i'd like to say if such a small part of the society (T-BHP altough is a big forum) prefers a Safari over Scorpio, then the mandate is clearly swinging the Safari Way, if we take a overall score of the Nation ! then .

I am not trying to achieve anything by saying this, but the scales tend to favour the Safari.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:47   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Going back to what you've mentioned, i'd like to say if such a small part of the society (T-BHP altough is a big forum) prefers a Safari over Scorpio, then the mandate is clearly swinging the Safari Way, if we take a overall score of the Nation ! then .
Are you trying to extrapolate data here? Its pretty well-known that the feeling here on TBHP doesnt echo that of the nation as a whole. There are times when we (including yours truly) got it all wrong, the most recent one being the prediction about the Sumo Grande "killing" the Scorpio. That is hasnt happened is a fact now.

Quote:
I am not trying to achieve anything by saying this, but the scales tend to favour the Safari.
Now here your actions dont really support your statements. The recent thread started by you shows how much you are trying to push your feelings on others. Trying to coax others into posting there sounds like those sales guys in Big Bazaar over the public address system trying to push sales.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:54   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Trying to coax others into posting there sounds like those sales guys in Big Bazaar over the public address system trying to push sales.
That is one of the most hilarious comparisons I could think of!
Old 5th June 2008, 17:04   #171
Senior - BHPian

And maybe women dont buy/drive a Safari coz they want real men to drive it.

Last edited by jkdas : 5th June 2008 at 17:07.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:13   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
And maybe women dont buy/drive a Safari coz they want real men to drive it.
That's a very good point you've made JK, haven't looked at it in that light
Old 5th June 2008, 17:22   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now here your actions dont really support your statements. The recent thread started by you shows how much you are trying to push your feelings on others. Trying to coax others into posting there sounds like those sales guys in Big Bazaar over the public address system trying to push sales.
Well said.

When you become a fanboy, you destroy any credibility that your arguements may have otherwise carried.

All fanboys are the same, whether they root for Fiat, or Mahindra or Baleno or (unfortunately nowadays) Safari.
Old 5th June 2008, 17:32   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Safari has always been known for its frozen aura as compared to Scorpio, which might have been the cause for "Women" preferring Sympathetic Scorpio....so they can pronounce......
Didnt get you... can you please put it in simpler words?
Old 5th June 2008, 18:12   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

my statement is purely confined to team-bhp forum only. if you want to do a nation wide comparison, then let the sales figure and number of vehicles on road do the talking.
Old 5th June 2008, 18:33   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you trying to extrapolate data here? Its pretty well-known that the feeling here on TBHP doesnt echo that of the nation as a whole. There are times when we (including yours truly) got it all wrong, the most recent one being the prediction about the Sumo Grande "killing" the Scorpio. That is hasnt happened is a fact now.

Yes thats so very true. As a matter of fact regardless of out tbhp debates, the vehicle sales comparisions for the safari vs the scorpio tilt the scales towards the scorpio(for whatever reason). Im sure people wernt buying in such numbers if the vehicle was as bad - note: even taxi operators are genuine valuable customers in case anyone on tbhp wishes to have them excluded. After being a repeat user of Tata products i can vouch in all fairness that TML quality(qc) is pathetic(just look at my steering wheel after 2500kms). Its just that There wasnt any other suitable option for the price. One woman i spoke to said that the safari is macho vs the scorpio is sexy and the other said viceversa.

Yes i vociferously agree to this too. But Pavans thread is a good attempt to compile all the safari pics in one thread making it very convenient for anyone looking for safari pics on tbhp. Imagine someone visiting the site and searching various threads for bulls, bears, beasts and what not!!
Old 5th June 2008, 19:23   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I see no reason for a poll here since you are probably the only one on this entire forum who would want to buy a new safari and put a scorpio engine in it. its not a catch 22 - but there isnt any catch!!
No offence.
he wants to do that because he accepts the fact that the mHawk is much better than the VTT.

Quote:

Again, its not about who can afford what but what they chose to buy when they can afford it
well sorry to say, but using words like these (niche/exclusive) is pretty ridiculous. and these can be seen by me only as lame excuses for the safari not selling well. i mean, a BWM or benz or bentley can be termed as exclusive or for niche masses, but please, not a TATA or for that matter, even the mahindra!
when two vehicles are in the same price range and one is selling more, its just because that car suits most of the demands of the customers or there is something seriously wrong with the other.
most importantly, TATA does not manufacture the safari so that it can keep piling up in its stockyard and then claim it was not for the masses. they make cars to sell, i hope!

Quote:

if you are looking at the small society (T-BHP), have a look at the bigger society, our nation. you will realise that the votes are in favour of the scorpio. dont believe? a scorpio sells about 4300 units per month, close to the very popular innova's figure of 4600 units. how much does the safari sell? and pls dont start the "niche" thing again!
Old 5th June 2008, 19:45   #178
BHPian

Safari = Enfield Bullet & Scorpio = RX100 / Pulsar

Quote:

Isn't that exactly what I've said below (along with the reasons why the "niche" exists) -
i think i'll succeed to get it simpler to scorpio lovers

safari is like Royal Enfield Bullet - you buy it for attitude, road presence, and all the similarities of a bullet.
pricing, after sales, and all bullet related type unexpected probs. owner loves it maybe a little more than his better half.

scorpio is like an RX100 or Pulsar - rough, rugged and ready for abuse. occassional problem and not cared for attitude by owner.

hope it conveys a better picture now.

Last edited by Jr Godzilla : 5th June 2008 at 19:47.
Old 5th June 2008, 20:14   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
well sorry to say, but using words like these (niche/exclusive) is pretty ridiculous. and these can be seen by me only as lame excuses for the safari not selling well. i mean, a BWM or benz or bentley can be termed as exclusive or for niche masses, but please, not a TATA or for that matter, even the mahindra!
when two vehicles are in the same price range and one is selling more, its just because that car suits most of the demands of the customers or there is something seriously wrong with the other.
most importantly, TATA does not manufacture the safari so that it can keep piling up in its stockyard and then claim it was not for the masses. they make cars to sell, i hope!

if you are looking at the small society (T-BHP), have a look at the bigger society, our nation. you will realise that the votes are in favour of the scorpio. dont believe? a scorpio sells about 4300 units per month, close to the very popular innova's figure of 4600 units. how much does the safari sell? and pls dont start the "niche" thing again!
You read my mind dude.
Old 5th June 2008, 20:30   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
i think i'll succeed to get it simpler to scorpio lovers

safari is like Royal Enfield Bullet - you buy it for attitude, road presence, and all the similarities of a bullet.
pricing, after sales, and all bullet related type unexpected probs. owner loves it maybe a little more than his better half.

scorpio is like an RX100 or Pulsar - rough, rugged and ready for abuse. occassional problem and not cared for attitude by owner.

hope it conveys a better picture now.
again the same "niche" thing..!!
i'll still make it simpler for you...
dude, you dont get a bullet below 80,000 and the pulsar range starts at 60,000 which is huge difference for bike buyers. there is no such difference in the pricing of safari & scorpio.
the only thing common between bullet and tata is that both are a pain to drive/ride in city.

and if i go by your words, i would want my SUV to be "rough, rugged & ready for abuse" rather than just for "road presence and attitude"...
cheers:

why am i feeling that when there is nothing else to debate on, i find many safari lovers clinging on to the "niche" term? anyways, it wont be able to rescue you for long, so better come up with good facts! (please dont take it personally!)

Last edited by raj_5004 : 5th June 2008 at 20:31.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks