View Poll Results: Pick your beast
Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 21:35   #286
Senior - BHPian

well, i think i am different from the others!!!
i took a proper test drive of the safari 2.2 and the scorpio 2.2 and then decided that the scorpio is a better bet for me.
BTW, have exchanged my mHawk with my bro's safari for a week... hope he takes care of my hawk and hope this effort is really worth it! planning to take it to pune tomorrow and gujrat on 16th...
Old 13th June 2008, 21:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
BTW, have exchanged my mHawk with my bro's safari for a week... hope he takes care of my hawk and hope this effort is really worth it! planning to take it to pune tomorrow and gujrat on 16th...
Now the suspense is truly building up!
Mirror mirror on the wall..................
Old 14th June 2008, 00:04   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am unable to find any price list for Scorpio. whats the cost of the Cheapest 2.2 Ex showroom Delhi?
Are they offering only one variant in the Eagle or is there a variant with just power windows/fog lamps available?
Here's the latest Scorpio price list (Delhi ex-showroom):
LX 2.6 - 7,51,879
SLE 2.6 - 8,45,274
VLS 2.2 - 9,33,940 (cheapest 2.2 with power windows/fog lamps and ABS)
VLX 2.2 - 9,94,981
Old 14th June 2008, 09:34   #289
BHPian

Excise duties have been increased by 20000/- wef from yesterday. So on road prices will increase a bit more adding on insurance and marginal hike in regn cost.
Old 14th June 2008, 09:36   #290
BHPian

Quote:
well, i think i am different from the others!!!
i took a proper test drive of the safari 2.2 and the scorpio 2.2 and then decided that the scorpio is a better bet for me.
Waiting eagerly for your review and comparo. BTW I have booked VLX yesterday so the outcome of your comparo may not affect my buying decision but surely will let me know what I would be missing.

The underthigh support of Safari seat ( despite comfort and luxury of leather) was less than the support offered by Scorpio seat-IMHO.
Old 14th June 2008, 10:03   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Waiting eagerly for your review and comparo. BTW I have booked VLX yesterday so the outcome of your comparo may not affect my buying decision but surely will let me know what I would be missing.

The underthigh support of Safari seat ( despite comfort and luxury of leather) was less than the support offered by Scorpio seat-IMHO.

i am sure you wont regret your decision buddy, being an owner of VLX, i am confident! still, as you said, i just wanna know what i am missing being a scorpio owner. also, this thread has been stretched too far based or useless arguments and so i felt its high time i drive both the vehicles back to back and do a proper comparao and give a frank and unbiased review. right now i am in pune, drove the 2.2 safari through the expressway...

also, i am eagerly waiting for suman's comparo too.....
Old 14th June 2008, 12:00   #292
BHPian

Quote:
i am sure you wont regret your decision buddy, being an owner of VLX, i am confident! still, as you said, i just wanna know what i am missing being a scorpio owner. also, this thread has been stretched too far based or useless arguments and so i felt its high time i drive both the vehicles back to back and do a proper comparao and give a frank and unbiased review. right now i am in pune, drove the 2.2 safari through the expressway...

also, i am eagerly waiting for suman's comparo too.....
I beg to disagree. I dont think owner of either of the vehaicals can give unbiased review of these machines, I know atleast I cannot. But it is good that you are willing to do so.
Old 14th June 2008, 12:08   #293
Senior - BHPian

What kind of a review can a non-owner of a vehicle give?
We mostly seek reviews from owners as they are the only ones who can comment on the 'ownership experience', which is a whole new chapter after the ephemeral TDs et al.
Old 14th June 2008, 12:22   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
What kind of a review can a non-owner of a vehicle give?
We mostly seek reviews from owners as they are the only ones who can comment on the 'ownership experience', which is a whole new chapter after the ephemeral TDs et al.
What I meant was that if I own a Scorpio , I love my vehical and will be biased towards it, so I will not be able to give unbiased view on a Safari after test driving it, and vice versa.
Old 14th June 2008, 12:29   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Agey View Post
What I meant was that if I own a Scorpio , I love my vehical and will be biased towards it, so I will not be able to give unbiased view on a Safari after test driving it, and vice versa.
Car-Agey, what you say applies to many but certainly not all!
I own a Scorpio, but I am not in LOVE with it. For some of us, the vehicle is a product that is expected to deliver certain requirements. If the product does it well, there is no great surprise there; however if it fails to deliver, we all make quite a bit of noise!
I could give you a very impassionate, objective evaluation of my Scorpio. I feel no need to defend it just because I own it.
Old 14th June 2008, 12:34   #296
Senior - BHPian

i agree to anup. i do love my scorpio but it was not implanted in my brain when i was born! its because it delivered the above mentioned requirements in an impeccable manner, the way it should! and if the safari does that, i will love it too. i love my innova too, so do you think i will be biased buddy?
so if you claim that i own the scorpio and so i will be biased towards it, then i own the safari too buddy...
anyways, i will give my review soon and i leave it upto you to decide whether i was biased or frank... cheers!
Old 14th June 2008, 12:44   #297
BHPian

Anup agree with you there. There are people who will be objective in their review, but majority fall in the catagory I mantioned, especially till the time they dont face some real issues. Also more then the vehical, it is our decision of investing so much in a particular vehical that we try to defend and hence the bias.
Old 14th June 2008, 12:49   #298
BHPian

Quote:
i agree to anup. i do love my scorpio but it was not implanted in my brain when i was born! its because it delivered the above mentioned requirements in an impeccable manner, the way it should! and if the safari does that, i will love it too. i love my innova too, so do you think i will be biased buddy?
so if you claim that i own the scorpio and so i will be biased towards it, then i own the safari too buddy...
anyways, i will give my review soon and i leave it upto you to decide whether i was biased or frank... cheers!
Sorry Raj if I hurt you. No friend I am not questioning you, but I have seen so many people defending their decisions with every type argument and hence the feeling. Sorry againg and would surely love to read your comparisions. cheers:
Old 14th June 2008, 12:56   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Raj if I hurt you. No friend I am not questioning you, but I have seen so many people defending their decisions with every type argument and hence the feeling. Sorry againg and would surely love to read your comparisions. cheers:
no buddy, chill!
i am not at all hurt, did my post make you feel like that?

yes, many people INCLUDING ME defend their own cars, but i dont defend the innova and safari even though i own them. so for me, its not the matter of which car i own or which is my favourite. i just post my feelings like all the other forum members here and hence there is no question of saying sorry to me.

cheers:
Old 14th June 2008, 14:00   #300
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
I beg to disagree. I dont think owner of either of the vehaicals can give unbiased review of these machines, I know atleast I cannot. But it is good that you are willing to do so.
I don't have that view.. Whenever I ask people, they honestly tell what is good or bad about their vehicle and they will not comment on other vehicles which dont own or used. Since Raj owns all these vehicles, he could give an un-biased comparison. I do not see any reason why he should be biased at all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks