Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 19:50   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hey jp1, i really wish i could give 1 more detailed review as i was planning to do a trip to banglore in the VTT. but after so much of controversies, i dont really think its worth it buddy. as you pointed out, if its anything negative about the safari, i have to take utmost care that i dont be harsh to it and dont offend my fellow forum members! but thats fine, we can continue with the debating. people who wish to overlook my points are free to do so.
This being a public forum, people do debate. Dont take it personally (of course, i know u wont). I am a prospective Scorpio / Safari buyer and would like to have a look at your reviews too.
Old 17th June 2008, 19:51   #407
jp1
BHPian

Quote:
hey jp1, i really wish i could give 1 more detailed review as i was planning to do a trip to banglore in the VTT. ....
Raj, you have a unique advantage of having both the vehicles and also the patience to write about your experience for the benefit of many.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:10   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

Moderator's note: If this thread cannot be on track, it'll have to be closed. Please refrain from any further OT/personal posts.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:10   #409
Senior - BHPian

@Raj: with jp and anupmathur, just ignore the offending statements and please carry on with your review. we are here to hear.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:23   #410
Senior - BHPian

In the similar manner as other SUV's.

Quote:
yes, SUVs are meant to be rugged and in which way is the safari rugged?
dismal plastic quality and door handles which will break if given a hefty tug dont show the rugghedness of an SUV.
Both alter the aspect ratios of the turbo's as the engine needs them at low/ high speeds. i.e. different terms using same technology.

Quote:
i know what the VTT stands for, what i asked was does it have VGT?
Its an illusion, pick up a common person from the road and show them the space, they will be able to clear it up.

Quote:
even while being driven, i felt the scorpio's boot to be more spacious.

I think that would be a wise decision of the MODS. Its not helping anyone now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Moderator's note: If this thread cannot be on track, it'll have to be closed. Please refrain from any further OT/personal posts.

Last edited by dadu : 17th June 2008 at 20:26.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:25   #411
Senior - BHPian

Please delete this post, post merged into the above.

Last edited by dadu : 17th June 2008 at 20:27.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:29   #412
BHPian

Hi Suman, probably an addition into the excel sheet would be that of a "sedimenter" (a lamp in the instrument panel present too) in the Safari, which "dries" the fuel/prevents water from entering into the vehicle fuel system. Seems to be a thoughtful feature, and curious to know if the Scorpio has it too.
Old 17th June 2008, 20:57   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi Suman, probably an addition into the excel sheet would be that of a "sedimenter" (a lamp in the instrument panel present too) in the Safari, which "dries" the fuel/prevents water from entering into the vehicle fuel system. Seems to be a thoughtful feature, and curious to know if the Scorpio has it too.
THATs the one that costs Rs.7,000 to replace. VERY effective - it had actually trapped a lot of water once in my truck. Shudder to think of what would've happened if the water had carried on.

Maggie - the only thing going for this thread now is the entertainment value. Wouldnt be a bad idea to close it but it is good fun nevertheless.

Last edited by Steeroid : 17th June 2008 at 21:00.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:05   #414
Senior - BHPian

people , please stop throwing personal pointers. raj has given his own review, why do u people want a proof like pics and all? u believe it or forget it.

well just to divert i had posted another unbiased review from a Pune person owning both scorpio and safari, he purchased safari after his scorpio was stolen from outside E-Square multiplex.

all proofs given(source of information)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
source TATA SAFARI DICOR Review

Since I have experienced the Scoprio for 1.5 yrs, and now the Safari for 10 months now, I would like to highlight a couple of points…

1) Scorpio has a much better pickup as compared to the Safari. Well this reminds me of my college days. I would say if one owned a Yamaha in college, then Scorpio is the MUV that he should purchase, getting the similarity?
2) Scorpio interiors are much superior as compared to the Safari. Watching the Scorpio interiors is a pleasure to the eyes, very nicely molded and beautifully carved. Safari interiors look like square shaped, sharp edged, low quality plastic made. The steering and the gear knob is also very harsh on your hands.
3) On the flip side, Scorpio is very bumpy, on any kind of road. Only the Driver enjoys the ride, the whole remaining family hates the frying pan bumps at the rear seats, both at higher and lower speeds. For Safari, even at the speed of 50 to 60 on a severely bumpy road, you will not feel it, the suspension is too good especially at these speeds.
4) Also, the leg room is much more in Safari both at the front and rear seats, primarily since the length of the vehicle is much more than the Scoprio. I being of huge built, used to find myself not fitting very well on the front seat of Scorpio even after adjusting it to the rearmost position. Even the seat belt used to fall a bit short, and I had to squeeze in. This is not at all a problem in Safari, primarily due to its length along with adjustable seat height, and adjustable steering and adjustable seat belt height.
5) Features wise, well, Go to the :: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio :: and http://www.safaridicor.com/ and compare the various variants. On one read you will find that Safari is more equipped.
6) Safari looks are definitely better than the Scorpio, but that may be more of a personal opinion. Actually Scorpio looks too good from the front, but from the back, it looks like the back of a mini van or a mini bus.
7) Fuel efficiency, Safari Dicor gives around 12 to 13 on the city roads, Scorpio (non CRDe) used to give 10, I have heard that the CRDe version gives > 12.

All Said and Done, if you are a sturdy person, and mostly do not drive with Family, and do frequently get involved in overtaking each and every car that is driving in front of you, go for a Scorpio.

On the contrary if you like comfortable ride for you and your family, you race only occasionally J and for you the pleasure of a ride is what matters, do go in for a Safari.

Both the vehicles make you feel of the road presence that they have, so whichever you choose, be proud of it, and mind you, if you choose Scorpio, please have extra anti-theft accessories put on it.
Old 17th June 2008, 23:46   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkonfig View Post
This being a public forum, people do debate. Dont take it personally (of course, i know u wont). I am a prospective Scorpio / Safari buyer and would like to have a look at your reviews too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Raj, you have a unique advantage of having both the vehicles and also the patience to write about your experience for the benefit of many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
@Raj: with jp and anupmathur, just ignore the offending statements and please carry on with your review. we are here to hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I second that Raj.

It will be of immense assistance to prospective buyers to read this thread; as also to see the lack of restraint/tolerance of some of the owners.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Raj
There are many viewers here who would like to see your comparison. Do not get dragged into some of the safari fans plot. Carry on with your review and it is a useful one. Your approach is very positivecheers:. Some of them cannot take any negative feedback on Safari, it can be seen on all similar threads. But the point is the reviews and experience by many Safari and Scorpio owners are helping many people out there to understand these vehicles better.

The post by Steer in a way summarizes the positive and negatives of the respective vehicle. Good one
point noted friends. no worries, i was not offended by any of the comments here, just suprised! my opinions will continue.
i am looking forward to a trip tomorrow or maybe day after and this time it will be the mHawk. probably then nobody will ask for pics and less members will be offended!

and for those who are interested, this time you will get a review about the hawk.
personally, i am looking forward to the review from suman.

@ amit: thanks buddy and i completely agree to the review by this pune person. spot on!

Last edited by theMAG : 18th June 2008 at 00:11. Reason: Please use the SAME post to manage content for upto 20 minutes. This'll be the LAST unconditional reminder.
Old 18th June 2008, 00:05   #416
BANNED

dude raj i dont think this thread arguments will never stop...
Old 18th June 2008, 00:09   #417
Senior - BHPian

i think u meant that you dont think this thread's arguments will ever stop.
yes, i too feel so!
but then look at it as a debate and it will be fun as well as informative!
Old 18th June 2008, 10:40   #418
Senior - BHPian

Who says? My '98 TCIC 4x4 Safari has door open, seat belt and low fuel warnings. And no, they are not aftermarket, they came like that from the company..

Quote:
hey suman, here are a few updates:
1) you have mentioned about safari's rear camera but not scorpio's rear sensor.
2) the scorpio has door open and seat belt warnings (which u marked N) along with handbrake, low oil, low brake fluid warning which is not present in the safari.
3) the scorpio has a wood finish dashboard which you marked N
4) the scorpio has SD/USB enabled player which is not mentioned instead of DVD player
Old 18th June 2008, 11:07   #419
Senior - BHPian

yes GD, u r right! but the TCIC safari i drove earlier dint have a seat belt warning, but it had a door open warning.
Old 18th June 2008, 11:30   #420
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, guess we can leave the TCIC Safari out of this. You would have checked the old model. Even the Sumo Victa has these for quite some time now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks