View Poll Results: Pick your beast
Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:22   #481
BHPian

This post may be off topic but I want to share an intresting observation.

Yesterday I spent my Sunday moving around in rural Delhi with a friend as he was giving out invitations to friends and relatives for a function. We visited some six seven villages, what I noticed over there was that every SUV type vehical in the villages was either a Scorp or a Bolero. I came across one Endy and two Safaris as compared to over 30 Scorps and more then 15 Boleros.

Another intersting thing was that many people in villages have become property dealers and opened offices near the main roads and there was a Scorpio standing outside almost every office. It seems it is the favorite vehicals for the property dealers.
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:31   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You're a bit late into the party, dont you think? This stuff has been going on for months.

Maybe we should make ben a mod?
OT:Oh! is thats so! scorpio still sells big numbers, so something these guys might have done right, somewhere

Anyways am not stirring up YET another entertainment with this

And whats mod got to do with making intelligent statements, i think most of us in TBHP has it, some make use of it without any "titles".

cya
Jaggu
Old 23rd June 2008, 10:36   #483
BHPian

zappo, i really did not wanted to raise another issue, but it happened to me last week on my way to office, by the sound of the bang i really thought that it was going to make a bit hole, but in the end did turn out to be a slight scratch.
I think now on I will just make sure will not post something that will start another fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Ok guys. Stop this, NOW.

And babureddy, dude you are almost trying to burn the house down with your deliberate postings. What was that about a TT hitting your Safari and suffering a dent without causing much damage to your Safari and then your deliberate poking of others as to what would have happened to a Scorpio? You are not at all helping matters. You started this latest fire.
Old 23rd June 2008, 14:26   #484
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Welcome to Scorpio Country Shatrughna!
Enjoy your new Jeep and Happy and I wish you Enjoyable, Safe Motoring Times ahead!
Good luck!
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Phew!! I just finished reading this thread and Thank Zappo for his moderation. Hey Guys- I took the black VLX ( Scorpio) delivery - Puja on Wednesday due to some auspiciousness of the date and time and left it with the dealer for some formalities. Got a confirmation that VLX is parked in my building parking bay a couple of minutes back by the dealer's driver.

I always wanted to buy a 4*4 and Safari has been the obvious choice. Did I mention that I had voted for Safari in this poll and I ll still vote for it. Head, Heart and all including wallet but the Finance partner ( Tata Capital and TM Finance )at Tata dealer has been giving a miss so many times as I wanted a company lease that I got fed up and bought Scorpio from the M&M dealer next door who I must say have been very prompt ( this car was there in stock so no waiting).

She is waiting at the my place and when I reach home after office in a few hours from now- hope to like it as much( a bird in hand is better than two in bush). Now perhaps this also may be a reason why we see more scorpio's than Safari( at least in my case) and I promise to you all that I won't drive rash and wont dare/ try to bully anyone !!

As far as 4*4 goes, trying to find a reasonably priced one and so far TL4X4 is still an option but the dealer is still slippery - last five calls today - each time I get an answer- sir , will call you in 10 minutes- am I being a pest?
Old 23rd June 2008, 18:21   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
raj, you have posted your reactions to others posts when I thought I have already asked you all to desist from turning this into an inferno. I specifically asked you not to react to every comment. While others seem to have agreed to my request you have again responded to each of those posts which is now essentially a closed issue.

What is it that you want mate? We do not want to issue an explicit gag order nor do we wish to close this thread. Please do not force the mods team to react.
sure mod. as is the policy of this forum, i have never tried to initiate a fight on this forum. i just put across my opinions and comments on the debate, which is irrespective of the general view. but when i see some personal pointers or accusations at me, i am bound to react (on humane levels!)
still, i wish to comply to all the rules of T-BHP. thank you.
Old 24th June 2008, 22:35   #486
BHPian

Friends,Scorpio may not be as comfortable as Safari, then Safari is not as tough and butch.Safari is a car in suv SKIN BUT THE SCORPIO IS A BATTLE TANK IN CAR SKIN!And that 2.5 DI(and now 2.2 CRDI)-Safari owners can only dream of such brilliant perfomance.
Old 24th June 2008, 23:56   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
Friends,Scorpio may not be as comfortable as Safari, then Safari is not as tough and butch.Safari is a car in suv SKIN BUT THE SCORPIO IS A BATTLE TANK IN CAR SKIN!And that 2.5 DI(and now 2.2 CRDI)-Safari owners can only dream of such brilliant perfomance.
Sorry to spoil your party but some of us are actually living this impossible dream.
Search for "Steeroid" on the forum and see his long term Safari ownership thread, enlighten and lighten yourself.
Old 25th June 2008, 09:07   #488
Senior - BHPian

Chill, guys! I thought many of us had agreed to a truce in the guise of a Safari with a Scorpio engine under the hood!
Old 25th June 2008, 09:13   #489
Senior - BHPian

If Tamilnadu politicians were to deliver the final verdict on this thread, the Scorpio would win hands down. And, as for the color, please make it either white or offwhite/cream for them.
Old 25th June 2008, 11:06   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
supremeBaleno : If Tamilnadu politicians were to deliver the final verdict on this thread, the Scorpio would win hands down. .
Make that most politicians. No just TN. Exceptions would be our leaders from Bellary-Raichur area who prefer Endy's. Or Sharad Pawar who has for long had his Pajero.
Old 25th June 2008, 12:52   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Nair View Post
no wonder its cramped inside and handles bad.

Tell me CRV or so is a car in suv not the others.
Old 25th June 2008, 16:28   #492
Senior - BHPian

i agree safari is not that tough but it is definetely not a car! 4WD safaris can do pretty much of off roading.
and the news that tamilnadu politicians have scorpios is new to me!
Old 25th June 2008, 18:02   #493
BHPian

Gents....when will this bashing end???? may be we should call upon each other in person & have it settled once for all
Old 25th June 2008, 18:04   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Gents....when will this bashing end???? may be we should call upon each other in person & have it settled once for all

I've always wondered why there is a "Gun Ownership Thread" on Team BHP.

Now I know!
Old 25th June 2008, 18:46   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like we have all exhausted our objective points of discussion.
Quote:
anupmathur : Chill, guys! I thought many of us had agreed to a truce in the guise of a Safari with a Scorpio engine under the hood!
And on this note from Anup, may be it's time we close this & move on.

Mods, over to you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed