Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2007, 11:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Safari VTT or Scorpio Hawk- battle of the 2.2s

Now that both the Safari 2.2 and the Scorpio Hawk have been launched, which would be your pick, if you had to put down your hard earned money on one of these?

will the fact that the hawk is available only in VLX trim hurt it against the Safari 2.2, given the fact that the safari is available in 3 trim levels across price points? or is the hawk good enough to single handedly upset TATA's plans?

Let the games begin!

MODS: How does one post a poll?

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 4th December 2007 at 11:35.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:31   #2
BHPian

Safari 2.2 VTT DICOR all the way .....No battle!!

I like the thread title however there is hardly anything to debate or battle over, we know the Safari is out proving its metal by the day. 140BHP, Stable ride and all of that (You know what I mean). Hawk has a 120Bhp with no changes to the ride, as expected M&M would have to change the chassis design or do something drastic to stabilize the Hawk which I don't think it has done, so it has added goodies which I don't know will really attract people who need an SUV experience.

So here is the Verdict Safari 2.2VTT DICOR ALL THE WAY!

Cheers!
Old 4th December 2007, 11:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Do we actually need another thread for this?! Why cant we just continue on the same beating-the-hell-out-of-each-other on the already existing threads?
Old 4th December 2007, 11:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post
I like the thread title however there is hardly anything to debate or battle over, we know the Safari is out proving its metal by the day. 140BHP, Stable ride and all of that (You know what I mean). Hawk has a 120Bhp with no changes to the ride, as expected M&M would have to change the chassis design or do something drastic to stabilize the Hawk which I don't think it has done, so it has added goodies which I don't know will really attract people who need an SUV experience.

Cheers!
May the Scorpio soul rest in peace, Amen!
Old 4th December 2007, 11:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

I would say lets wait for the Hawk to roll out on the roads and then evaluate it based on real owner experience since based on paper, JUDA seems right.
Old 4th December 2007, 11:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDA View Post

Cheers!
forgot this; Safari starts at 8.15lac OTR while M Hawak at 11Lac plus!
Old 4th December 2007, 11:56   #7
Team-BHP Support

I think its better to rant Safari vs Scorpio on this thread, rather than clutter the safari or scorpio threads.
There is a thread comparing them to each other along with the Innova, which is a minivan.

Speaking of Scorpio or Safari, both are the closest you can get to a comfortable SuV for around 10L or less. I know people will digress on what is an SuV, but for most out there, anything butch looking with high GC and muscular stance is a SuV.

Coming to these two, I would choose the Safari anyday, the reasons being
1. I think it looks better. It looks more "expensive" and more "upwardly mobile".
2. It has space on inside, while scorpio is a little "cramped".
3. Both are horrible in cornering, but from what I have experienced in straight line, the safari is more planted.
4. With 140 horses under the hood, its no longer anemic.
5. I see so many scorpio taxi's in my neck of woods. I already own one taxicab, don't want another
Old 4th December 2007, 12:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I see so many scorpio taxi's in my neck of woods. I already own one taxicab, don't want another
Actually, I have often wondered about that....Taxi wallahs use sumos, scorp, taveras and Innovas for taxis but rarely a Safari, whereas a Safari Dicor at 8.xx OTR beats most of these in VFM. Also, reliability is not the reason since the Safari is at least, if not more reliable than a Sumo!

IMHO, the Safari would be an Ideal taxi for long distance travels

anyways, lets get back to the topic
Old 4th December 2007, 12:06   #9
Senior - BHPian

I voted for Safari (and will probably buy one early next year) because of its looks, ride comfort and better safety features. As far as niggles are concerned both of them have their fair share and it is hard to pick one over other.
Old 4th December 2007, 12:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Actually, I have often wondered about that....Taxi wallahs use sumos, scorp, taveras and Innovas for taxis but rarely a Safari, whereas a Safari Dicor at 8.xx OTR beats most of these in VFM. Also, reliability is not the reason since the Safari is at least, if not more reliable than a Sumo!

I hired a Indica cab to go to the airport. As the guy was to known to me we started chatting. He told me that he will be selling the Indica and buying a scorpio as the new norms will allow only luxury cabs on the Delhi Airport.

I asked him why not a Safari?? Following is the answer he gave me.

"There are two reasons.
1. Scorpio has better FE, so savings in the long run.
2. Safari doesn't have that Taxi feel. So the commuters avoide it thinking that it would be an expensive TAXI."
Old 4th December 2007, 13:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Safari Dicor at 8.xx OTR beats most of these in VFM. Also, reliability is not the reason since the Safari is at least, if not more reliable than a Sumo!

Sumo is pretty reliable than this monster, except for some minor issues. Safari, for such long proportions is not flexible to take more passengers-sumo/spacio taxis take 9/10 !
Old 4th December 2007, 14:11   #12
BHPian

I voted for Safari, obviously.

Has anybody TD a mHawk till now. I don't think its VFM to get a Scorpio for 9+ lacs that too with major features missing. Any idea about the FE on a 2.2 Ltr 120 bhp compared to 140 bhp from tata's stable?

What is the price of 4WD of mHawk?(not to forget LSD might be missing with this feature)
Old 4th December 2007, 16:37   #13
Team-BHP Support

Safari 2.2

1. Haven't taken a TD of both the cars. However, on papers Safari seems much more impressive.
2. For me, an SUV is all about presence, and i think Safari still scores better than Scorpio. Also got more of a luxurious feel compared to the Scorpio.
3. TATA dealership here is much better than Mahindra.
Old 4th December 2007, 16:52   #14
Senior - BHPian

Man, the poll results are amazing to say the least

I voted for the Safari (surprise-surprise )

Quote:
Originally Posted by hocuspocus View Post
Has anybody TD a mHawk till now.
Yup, read this -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...est-drive.html

And Dockap is a die hard Scorpio fan or Safari hater (read it whichever way sounds better)

Last edited by suman : 4th December 2007 at 16:54.
Old 4th December 2007, 17:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
1. Haven't taken a TD of both the cars. However, on papers Safari seems much more impressive.

voted for Safari 2.2 and Safari is the winner here on paper and on road cos with Safari you make your own road. cheers:
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks