View Poll Results: Pick your beast
Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2008, 11:19   #106
BHPian

the injection system is delphi!!! its gonna make noise like hell and yes sooner or later the unit will start giving trouble, i know what i am saying working in Bosch as CRS engineer , we have done the whole M.hawk project!!!
that Engine is a gem and yes the huge cost is Because of us:-D
our unit is dam costly but quality comes at a price!!!
Old 17th April 2008, 11:19   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Godzilla View Post
hey bhpians all on this thread its the safari over over over the scorpio.

Now i want the owners to let me know which MILL is the best.
CRDE scorpio
2.2 scorpio

or
3.0 ltr
2.2 new safari

I want a to know the above as to decide in spending my money on
as a good engine is like normal BP no tension, and I am planning to use it for long drives.

actually AFAIK the mhawk 2.2 mill's maximum output is 180bhp but it is downtuned to 120 because the gearbox and other mechanicals cant take that power...the scorpios that are going to be launched in the US are 180bhp afaik..

i've driven both the mhawk and the 2.6 CRDE..i feel that the mhawk acclerates better and turbo lag cannot be felt...but i like the torque of the 2.6CRDE too..
Old 17th April 2008, 11:23   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
It seems majority of us seem to love Safari and no wonder the poll stats show this. Hope Mahindras wake up to this fact that there is something missing despite the better sales figures. Unless they just dont care.
Even if entire vote was in safari's figure, and Mahindra was getting more sales, they would not care.
In the end selling a scorpio is what makes them money, not how many votes does it get.
Old 17th April 2008, 11:29   #109
Senior - BHPian

Can you put the comparison in place for both 2.2l, pros & cons with their model numbers.

It would be an interesting comparison and from a technical guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameel View Post
the injection system is delphi!!! its gonna make noise like hell and yes sooner or later the unit will start giving trouble, i know what i am saying working in Bosch as CRS engineer , we have done the whole M.hawk project!!!
that Engine is a gem and yes the huge cost is Because of us:-D
our unit is dam costly but quality comes at a price!!!
Old 17th April 2008, 15:05   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
It seems majority of us seem to love Safari and no wonder the poll stats show this. Hope Mahindras wake up to this fact that there is something missing despite the better sales figures. Unless they just dont care.
dude if they are missing something why the hell will they have better sales....yes it has one disadvantage that is space

in TEAM-BHP there are lots of safari fans...so majority of votes went for it...

scorpio is trouble free suv ,man my scorpio at present clocked 96000km in 3 years and till now didnt even changed a single part nor it trouble .

now also it performs the same way as it used to be when i bought it from the showroom/.......

Last edited by zenopio : 17th April 2008 at 15:08.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:09   #111
BHPian

m-hawk is much better indeed. had M&M increased the shell size, the sales figures of safari 2.2 would have defnitely eroded a bit. Also, I am not too sure, as to how wise a decision it was to introduce the new engine only in the upper segment. It is like depriving the junta like me to stick to basic models.
Old 17th April 2008, 15:14   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Safari beats scorpio on every front....peep into safari and see the space...and peep into scorpio later on u will struggle to find space...between the 90 degrees straight seats.
safari has its own status...feels rich... and u feel like a king on road.
regarding taxiwalas using Safari.... the fact lies that customers will never enquire for safari just feeling that it will be the most expensive....
once drive the scoprio and then drive a safari later on you will struggle to find the power...

once a situation came when a safari fellow fully loaded with occupants came to race with my scprio even mine was fully loaded...
at 130 speed i passed from him..and that fellow was shocked..he struggled so much but couldnt catch me.....

This is what scorpio is it delivers the power that a safari can not....this is what makes people buy it cause of its power......
Old 17th April 2008, 15:39   #113
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
Once a situation came when a safari fellow fully loaded with occupants came to race with my scprio even mine was fully loaded...at 130 speed i passed from him..and that fellow was shocked..he struggled so much but couldnt catch me.....

This is what scorpio is it delivers the power that a safari can not....this is what makes people buy it cause of its power......
And thats exactly why a Scorpio is reffered to as a "CAR" ... No Offence .... But SUV's are not about how fast they can go ...

EOD - Each vehicle has its Pro's and Con's ...A Tata will always be a Tata .... A Mahindra will always be a Jeep (market perception)...
Old 17th April 2008, 16:15   #114
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

this point I completely appreciate - I just bought an LX Crde 2.6.

Had Mahindra's had the option of a less expensive and less loaded M HAWK available I would surely have paid a reasonable extra amount for it. I like the engine a lot! I HATE the contrast cladding and all that other rubbish.

Even the alloys on it dont look as nice as the ones Ive put on my LX (even if I say so myself)! And the cladding really looks like a woman in rather ill-fitting skirts! Ghastly. What about the silly looking decals all over the place - they look terrible too.

No way that I will pay almost 3.4 lacs more for stupid things like steering control music system, captain seats, tyretronics, voice assist, reminders to put on your seat belt and shut the door and all that junk! Imagine, who amongst us would like the blessed car to keep squeaking nonsense at you every now and then eh?

In fact I dont like factory fitted music systems and so on since I prefer accessorizing according to my personal taste.

the smartest thing they could do for "junta" like us would be to offer various trim levels and a choice of the engine type as well as a few things OEM like allowing customers to choose the tyres they want or the battery they want etc (from a pre-selection of 3 or 4 OEM Brands).

I wish!!!!

cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
m-hawk is much better indeed. had M&M increased the shell size, the sales figures of safari 2.2 would have defnitely eroded a bit. Also, I am not too sure, as to how wise a decision it was to introduce the new engine only in the upper segment. It is like depriving the junta like me to stick to basic models.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari VTT or Scorpio Hawk- battle of the 2.2s-dsc05684.jpg  

Old 17th April 2008, 17:11   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboyscad View Post
actually AFAIK the mhawk 2.2 mill's maximum output is 180bhp but it is downtuned to 120 because the gearbox and other mechanicals cant take that power...the scorpios that are going to be launched in the US are 180bhp afaik..

i've driven both the mhawk and the 2.6 CRDE..i feel that the mhawk acclerates better and turbo lag cannot be felt...but i like the torque of the 2.6CRDE too..
One Hundred Forty Brake Horse Power.
Old 17th April 2008, 18:05   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I like the engine a lot! I HATE the contrast cladding and all that other rubbish.

And the cladding really looks like a woman in rather ill-fitting skirts! Ghastly.
hi shankar, I am sure you are enjoying your new ride as i can see her in all scorpio related threads.

Some how i disagree with the points which you have mentioned here. For me that soft gold cladding looks great & gives an upmarket feel to the scorp. I know beauty is in the eyes of....

Read lot about the nuisance caused by the Voice Assist system, in the forum. I feel this as a very useful feature. i dont keep her idle for more than 12 hours mostly & i dont get to hear the welcome message. You will not hear any of the messages if you comply with the basic requirements or statutory rules. when you break a rule why get agitated when someone points it out? Like driving with the handbrake on or an open door or without wearing the seat belts, or even without fuel

I do agree that the frills like rain sensors, light sensors, cruise control, tyretronics are useless but what do you think about a rear defogger or a rear wiper?

I too feel that its 140 bhp detuned to 120 bhp. Not 180.
Old 17th April 2008, 20:16   #117
Senior - BHPian

Is the new suspension revamp in the scorpio extended to the other versions(other than VLX) too?
Old 17th April 2008, 20:25   #118
BHPian

The Scorpion IMO is starved for space...In the driver's seat I have more space in my Corolla than the Scorpio...I think that the cabin is pretty small, not what you buy an SUV for...

The Safari totally wins this comparison, SUVs should cruise, and are not meant for drag racing...

Can anyone shed some light on the offroading capabilities of both these 2.2L equipped vehicles
Old 17th April 2008, 20:29   #119
Team-BHP Support

the scorpio now should be equally powerful as the safari. petes boxes are out for the 2.6 and the 2.2 scorpio next week.
Old 17th April 2008, 21:13   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
once drive the scoprio and then drive a safari later on you will struggle to find the power...

once a situation came when a safari fellow fully loaded with occupants came to race with my scprio even mine was fully loaded...
at 130 speed i passed from him..and that fellow was shocked..he struggled so much but couldnt catch me.....

I Disagree..It would be ok to say this if you are comparing scorpio with Safari 3.0L.
Test drove the safari 2.2 and scorpio 2.2 last week,
I would say the ride was much much better on Safari.It defenilty had more power and torque than the scorpio.After driving the Safari the scorpio engine felt it was straining above 120 where as in a Safari even at 120 it felt like the engine had more to offer.
The confident level that you get from a safari at higher speed is miles ahead of scorpio.
Scorpio was better only in one segment..Quality of interiors..
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks