View Poll Results: Pick your beast
Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2008, 11:13   #256
Senior - BHPian

@ gowda: even i feel safety devices are more important than resale value, dont get me wrong!

no, i dont mean that a/c and sensors are same, but u can drive a car without these features. they are just for you convenience. in your city, does cab and bus drivers have a/c? but still they drive, isnt it? if an a/c adds to your driving comfort, then doesnt auto wipers/headlights add to your driving comfort??
and do read my post again, i know safari comes with a camera and not a sensor, i own one! i compared safari's camera and scorpio's sensor...
Old 13th June 2008, 11:16   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Can someone enlighten me on the CURRENT (note, key word is "current") ex-showroom prices of the M Hawk in Mumbai? I do not want "on-road", I just want ex-showroom.

Thanks guyscheers:
the "current" ex-showroom price of mHawk is 9,29,800/- rupees.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:20   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
if an a/c adds to your driving comfort, then doesnt auto wipers/headlights add to your driving comfort??
No, not in the same sense but to each his own. If you now start comparing an aircon (absolute necessity) with a rain-sensing wiper (absolutely cosmetic) & then go to the extent of comparing with travel in buses, its time to bring the curtains down.

Its like me fixing an altimeter in my Safari & saying that it is essential piece of equipment.

Quote:
i compared safari's camera and scorpio's sensor...
Both are driving aids, what's the difference? You find the sensor easier to handle, others prefer the camera. The camera tells me if there are any kids or animals at the back (hidden by the ORVM because of the sheer width of the vehicle), the sensors may or may not.

Quote:
As in today's price, right? Because there was a price hike after you bought your vehicle.
EDIT: Please note that Ex-showroom prices in New Delhi for the M Hawk VLX (I think that's what you have) are Rs 994,900. Are you trying to tell me that Ex-showroom prices in Mumbai are Rs 65,000 less? I find that hard to believe mate. Please double check what you're posting.

Last edited by suman : 13th June 2008 at 11:34.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:31   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, not in the same sense but to each his own. If you now start comparing an aircon (absolute necessity) with a rain-sensing wiper (absolutely cosmetic) & then go to the extent of comparing with travel in buses, its time to bring the curtains down.

Its like me fixing an altimeter in my Safari & saying that it is essential piece of equipment.

Both are driving aids, what's the difference? You find the sensor easier to handle, others prefer the camera. The camera tells me if there are any kids or animals at the back, the sensors may or may not.

As in today's price, right? Because there was a price hike after you bought your vehicle.
yes, gone are the old days where manufacturers just provide a/c and sensors/camera as standard. so we should appreciates mahindra that they are providing such new age electronics for your comfort.
how can you say the rain sensing wipers are just cosmetic? i bet you havent used them. they are a big help to me in the mumbai rains. of course, again i can switch on/off the wipers but these features do add to the feel good factor of the car.
by comparing to buses, i meant that none of these features are ABSOLUTE NECESSITY for you to drive the car. all these are provided just to enhance your driving comfort. and for that, kudos to mahindra for offering me all these in a 10 lakh SUV.
sensors will obviously indicate kids/animals at the back. the only advantage camera has over a sensor is that sensors wont show potholes or gutters! but for bumper to bumper parking, i have noticed sensors are of greater help. in safari's camera, we do have do rely a bit upon our judgement but the sensors accurately indicate when to stop.
if camera is so better than the sensors, then why do all high end cars like passat, BMW, benz, audi, bentley, et al provide sensors and why not camera? why do these cars offer auto wipers/ headlights and why not LCD screens??
Old 13th June 2008, 11:32   #260
Senior - BHPian

@ suman: i bought the vehicle after the price hike.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:36   #261
BHPian

Quote:

Both are driving aids, what's the difference? You find the sensor easier to handle, others prefer the camera. The camera tells me if there are any kids or animals at the back (hidden by the ORVM because of the sheer width of the vehicle), the sensors may or may not.

Suman, may be for some people A/c and revers camera is just the same as the rain/air pressure sensors.
But, you have left me nothing to answer, totally agree with you
Old 13th June 2008, 11:37   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if camera is so better than the sensors, then why do all high end cars like passat, BMW, benz, audi, bentley, et al provide sensors and why not camera? why do these cars offer auto wipers/ headlights and why not LCD screens??
Because sensors are adequate for sedans. Man, why do you start quoting sedans every now & then, is it because the Scorpio is more of a "car"?
Quote:
@ suman: i bought the vehicle after the price hike.
Raj, please read my post below before you reply......
EDIT: Since its taking you so long, I called up a Mumbai dealer & surprise, surprise (for you, not me) - ex-showroom price Mumbai for M hawk VLX is Rs 10,08, 385. What games are you trying to play, mate?

This price looks about right to me & will form a good base for me to compare features of Safari 2.2 VX & the M hawk VLX, which I will post next week.

Last edited by suman : 13th June 2008 at 11:50.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:46   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
Suman, may be for some people A/c and revers camera is just the same as the rain/air pressure sensors.
But, you have left me nothing to answer, totally agree with you
no, as i said (again and again!), they are not the same. a/c is more imp than air/rain sensors, but these sensors are definetely helpful and definetely useful. and i am sure, if TATA offers you these in the safari, you will be all praises for it! because then you will care to use it and then comment!

Quote:
Because sensors are adequate for sedans. Man, why do you start quoting sedans every now & then, is it because the Scorpio is more of a "car"?

what do you mean by sensors are adequate for sedans? even suvs like m class, prado, toureg, XC90, cayenne, montero, range rover, X3, X5, audi Q7, all these offers reverse sensors and not cameras!!!

i dint get your statement about me reading your post. i read your post well enough before replying.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:47   #264
Senior - BHPian

@ suman: please give me the details of the mumbai dealer.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:55   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
EDIT: Please note that Ex-showroom prices in New Delhi for the M Hawk VLX (I think that's what you have) are Rs 994,900. Are you trying to tell me that Ex-showroom prices in Mumbai are Rs 65,000 less? I find that hard to believe mate. Please double check what you're posting.
Quote:
EDIT: Since its taking you so long, I called up a Mumbai dealer & surprise, surprise (for you, not me) - ex-showroom price Mumbai for M hawk VLX is Rs 10,08, 385. What games are you trying to play, mate?

This price looks about right to me & will form a good base for me to compare features of Safari 2.2 VX & the M hawk VLX, which I will post next week.
Quote:
@ suman: please give me the details of the mumbai dealer.
Raj, call up any dealer in Mumbai, I don't think there can be variation in ex-showroom prices within a city. I called NBS International. Also, to the best of my limited knowledge, New Delhi ex-showroom prices are normally among the lowest in the country, Mumbai cannot be lower. New Delhi dealer is Bhasin Motors.

I really think you should double check instead of carrying on this futile argument which will not get you anywhere

Last edited by suman : 13th June 2008 at 11:58.
Old 13th June 2008, 11:55   #266
BHPian

Suman & Raj, you know, its a good thing that we are in the cyber world now and not face to face, over the table, in a discussion. Otherwise I am sure that we would have a couple of black eyes and bruises! Take it easy people! This is an open discussion to discuss the pros and cons of each vehicle. That does not mean that we decide to argue on each and every point. Once you have made a point, its not necessary that the other person has to agree. We need to take it sportingly. Here I must say that Raj is getting a little to agressive. Guys, really you need to take it a little easy.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:00   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, call up any dealer in Mumbai, I don't think there can be variation in ex-showroom prices within a city. I called NBS International. Also, to the best of my limited knowledge, New Delhi ex-showroom prices are normally among the lowest in the country, Mumbai cannot be lower. New Delhi dealer is Bhasin Motors.

I really think you should double check instead of carrying on this futile argument which will not get you anywhere
i have the quotation of prices in front of me suman...
also, i think scorpio prices will be lower in mumbai than new delhi as scorpio assemly line is here in nashik, maharashtra. so they need to transport the cars all the way to delhi and so prices in delhi should be higher than in mumbai. thats what i think.
can you please provide me with the number of NBS international (i have not heard of any such dealer here and so dont have the number!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Suman & Raj, you know, its a good thing that we are in the cyber world now and not face to face, over the table, in a discussion. Otherwise I am sure that we would have a couple of black eyes and bruises! Take it easy people! This is an open discussion to discuss the pros and cons of each vehicle. That does not mean that we decide to argue on each and every point. Once you have made a point, its not necessary that the other person has to agree. We need to take it sportingly. Here I must say that Raj is getting a little to agressive. Guys, really you need to take it a little easy.
point noted sumit! thanks, and sorry! cheers:

Quote:
glad to know you found the price right because most of them feel the mHawk is over priced!

will be waiting for your frank and unbiased comparo...
do sit in both the cars, drive for quite a long period and then compare.

Last edited by Zappo : 13th June 2008 at 16:50. Reason: 3 back to back posts in 1 minute?! Please take time to compose and then post at one go. Else use the Edit button to add to the existing post.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:04   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i have the quotation of prices in front of me suman...
also, i think scorpio prices will be lower in mumbai than new delhi as scorpio assemly line is here in nashik, maharashtra. so they need to transport the cars all the way to delhi and so prices in delhi should be higher than in mumbai. thats what i think.
can you please provide me with the number of NBS international (i have not heard of any such dealer here and so dont gave the number!).
Raj, you are again assuming things; that's not the way pricing works in the real world.

As for the number of NBS International, check out the Scorpio site. Not sure if you know that they have one - :: Welcome to Mahindra Scorpio :: & look for the dealer link. Choose your state & city & let me know if you see the NBS International number. If you do, call the number.

Next you'll be wondering if Bhasin Motors is also for real

Quote:
glad to know you found the price right because most of them feel the mHawk is over priced!
It is overpriced. I think you didn't understand what I said - I meant that the 10,08,385 sounds more realistic than the 929,800 that you posted!

I think I've made my point so I'm out of here till I post the comparison next week. Sheesh

Last edited by suman : 13th June 2008 at 12:08.
Old 13th June 2008, 12:05   #269
BHPian

Quote:

Raj, if you go back on your threads, it was you who started comparing AC & reverse camera's in safari to sensors in scorpio, so atleast you agree now on that.

Suman, don't give a shock by saying that scorpio is gone past 10 to Raj, just re-check, it should be 75k less
Old 13th June 2008, 12:08   #270
Team-BHP Support

I am unable to find any price list for Scorpio. whats the cost of the Cheapest 2.2 Ex showroom Delhi?
Are they offering only one variant in the Eagle or is there a variant with just power windows/fog lamps available?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks