Safari DICOR 2.2 317 78.08%
Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2008, 17:48   #391
Senior - BHPian

hey suman, here are a few updates:
1) you have mentioned about safari's rear camera but not scorpio's rear sensor.
2) the scorpio has door open and seat belt warnings (which u marked N) along with handbrake, low oil, low brake fluid warning which is not present in the safari.
3) the scorpio has a wood finish dashboard which you marked N
4) the scorpio has SD/USB enabled player which is not mentioned instead of DVD player
Old 17th June 2008, 17:51   #392
Senior - BHPian

@ suman: i know what VGT stands for, what i am asking is does the safari have that?
in technical terms, we automobile engineers refer it as a "boot" even in an SUV, sorry for that!
about the window, he knew that the rear window was slow but he had no idea about the front window.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:53   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
1) you have mentioned about safari's rear camera but not scorpio's rear sensor.
2) the scorpio has door open and seat belt warnings (which u marked N) along with handbrake, low oil, low brake fluid warning which is not present in the safari.
3) the scorpio has a wood finish dashboard which you marked N
4) the scorpio has SD/USB enabled player which is not mentioned instead of DVD player
  • Parking sensors noted in the very first section, please read carefully.
  • Handbrake, low oil, low brake fluid warning lights are there in the Safari as well - these are some of the basic stuff that I mentioned which are there in both vehicles & I've not included simply because the list becomes too long
  • Noted about wood finish dashboard, door open & seatbelt warnings will correct that
  • The DVD/MP4 with LCD screens is an upgrade from the MP3 player - I've not said that the Scorpio doesn't have an audio. It doesn't have the DVD player with the LCD screens
Quote:
about the window, he knew that the rear window was slow but he had no idea about the front window.
What happened to the front window now?

Last edited by suman : 17th June 2008 at 17:55.
Old 17th June 2008, 17:57   #394
Senior - BHPian

sorry about the sensors, missed that.
i feel you should include the SD/USB enabled player too because not many are interested in LCD screens but many may like the USB convenience.
Old 17th June 2008, 18:00   #395
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes, he says he dint notice it, strange!
no, i got it checked from a local garage and i hope no problems arise!
Quote:
i dint say the handle of the safari broke! i said it feels like that! plastic[?] quality is poorer than the scorpio as well as the overall build quality[exterior?? interior??] is not that good to call it rugged [rugged exterior?? interior??]!

yes, i have done[?] automobile engineering! anyways, anybody knows about this?
its not a defective piece buddy. i have sat in many safaris [too many??] and in every car i have heard about such niggling problems.
Raj too much of your answers vague nowadays/too much is amiss, leaving aside the 10 months old Safari that I pointed out before and you cleared that point okay.

Just a hunch, definitely I hope I am wrong.

Thats why to be on the safer side, thought to warn you to sell the real/imaginary Safari 2.2 to be sold before it gave the imaginary/real problems.

Quote:
Variable Geometry Turbos are becoming more common with many companies going for these and Tata also rightfully opted for this (they labeled it VTT - Variable Turbine Technology). A VGT essentially reduces the turbo lag, adding some pep to otherwise sluggish diesel engine and grants a better power & torque spread across the rev range. Anybody who has driven a Verna diesel would understand this better.

Last edited by adc : 17th June 2008 at 18:10.
Old 17th June 2008, 18:10   #396
Senior - BHPian

glad to know that the safari has VGT!
@ ADC: hey buddy, no offence meant, but i am not really in a mood to prove to you that the safari with me is real or imaginary. you have the rights to assume whatever you wish. anyways, i think you dint like my sarcastic comments about the safari, sorry if i have offended you!
Old 17th June 2008, 18:18   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i dont need to lie buddy, yes the safari was bought soon after its launch but i really dont know its exact purchase dat, neither does my brother know about it. and i dont think anybody who has been lying can give a detailed review about its interiors! you expect me to keep its pics in my hand and then comment?
also, i cant post pics as my brother has strictly prohibited me to post "HIS" safari pics on net, god knows for what strange reason! else your doubt would have been laid to rest.

Dear Raj

Please post details of ownership and pics too(u can mask the number plates),after masking the plates,nobody can distinguish it to be your bro's safari unless it is one off piece manufactured by TATA and delivered pre launch to your bro.

otherwise i will think that i will surely doubt,dont know what others.
Old 17th June 2008, 18:22   #398
Senior - BHPian

i did try this at the time of writing a review itself buddy. if you notice i wrote the review of my hawk with pics attached. but somehow my bro is not very comfortable about posting his car's pics on the net. and if its for the sake of convincing somebody here, i am definetely not interested in doing that!
and as i said, people doubting are free to do so...
(all this for miscalculating the age of the car, phew!)
Old 17th June 2008, 18:23   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i feel you should include the SD/USB enabled player too because not many are interested in LCD screens but many may like the USB convenience.
The reason I posted this comparo was to highlight why the Safari VX is higher in price compared to the M Hawk VLX, yet is still more Value For Money. To the best of my knowledge a SD/USB player would still be cheaper than a DVD/MP4 player with LCD screens.

We're trying to arrive at the price differential, remember?

Last edited by suman : 17th June 2008 at 18:25.
Old 17th June 2008, 18:25   #400
Senior - BHPian

yes, very true. but some of the useful features of the scorpio should also be highlighted, am i right?
Old 17th June 2008, 18:48   #401
BHPian

Raj no one is doubting that you have the Scorpio and your brother has the Safari. All we are trying to tell you is that some of your posts do not match the ground realities. For instance you make a statement that your brother got his Safari 10 months back. We all overlooked this and it was only when Steer pointed this out that we all realized that the 2.2 only came out in October 2007. When someone is trying to tell you that your brother may have got a lemon, you are willing to argue about it. Okay, its your hard earned money, you don't want to listen and thats also okay with us. I will ask you one question, you mentioned that the Safari has some problems with the rear passenger power window. Did your brother bring this to the notice of the TASS. Did you get the vehicle serviced as per the company's instructions? If you keep arguing about everything, then I am sorry to say this, but people will soon start ignoring you and your posts. They will simply overlook it. You need to present your views about a vehicle with atleast some sort of proofs. Else as Sunny pointed out, we will think you are simpy trying to make false statements in order to prove your points.
Old 17th June 2008, 18:57   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Raj no one is doubting that you have the Scorpio and your brother has the Safari. All we are trying to tell you is that some of your posts do not match the ground realities. For instance you make a statement that your brother got his Safari 10 months back. We all overlooked this and it was only when Steer pointed this out that we all realized that the 2.2 only came out in October 2007. When someone is trying to tell you that your brother may have got a lemon, you are willing to argue about it. Okay, its your hard earned money, you don't want to listen and thats also okay with us. I will ask you one question, you mentioned that the Safari has some problems with the rear passenger power window. Did your brother bring this to the notice of the TASS. Did you get the vehicle serviced as per the company's instructions? If you keep arguing about everything, then I am sorry to say this, but people will soon start ignoring you and your posts. They will simply overlook it. You need to present your views about a vehicle with atleast some sort of proofs. Else as Sunny pointed out, we will think you are simpy trying to make false statements in order to prove your points.
well, i am ready to answer such a post:
1) i do agree i made a mistake in calculating the age of the car, but i never imagined it would turn out like this!
2) i said my car is not a lemon because it has only these small niggling issues which i have faced in many TATA cars, it has not given me any major trouble.
3) no, my brother has not given this car to TASS for the window problem.
4) except that he did its 1st service a bit late (1800 kms), i think its been maintained as per company instructions.
5) as i said, i tried hard to convince my bro for the pics, but cant really force him (he's my elder bro!)
Old 17th June 2008, 18:58   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
then please curb your instincts of commenting on things of which you dont have ownership rights.

merely sitting in a vehicle for some small time frame doesnt neccessarily make you aware of all plus/minus points

i hope you will agree and stop talking about vehicles you dont even own.

please
People are posting authoritative views after doing brief TDs and here is a man who has the vehicle in the family, and you have complaints about the views being expressed!
What exactly is ownership?
How many actually own their vehicles? Most are company leased!
Old 17th June 2008, 19:15   #404
jp1
BHPian

Raj
There are many viewers here who would like to see your comparison. Do not get dragged into some of the safari fans plot. Carry on with your review and it is a useful one. Your approach is very positivecheers:. Some of them cannot take any negative feedback on Safari, it can be seen on all similar threads. But the point is the reviews and experience by many Safari and Scorpio owners are helping many people out there to understand these vehicles better.

The post by Steer in a way summarizes the positive and negatives of the respective vehicle. Good one
Old 17th June 2008, 19:24   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
Raj
There are many viewers here who would like to see your comparison. Do not get dragged into some of the safari fans plot.
I second that Raj.

It will be of immense assistance to prospective buyers to read this thread; as also to see the lack of restraint/tolerance of some of the owners.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed