Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 12:05   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
personally, i am looking forward to the review from suman.
Woh, woh, a review on what? Are you talking about a M Hawk Test drive? I think you've got it mixed up a bit - I promised a comparison of the features of the M Hawk VLX & the Safari VX so that it would be clear what the VX offered for the higher price.

I think I've posted that already. I have no intentions whatsoever of test driving the M Hawk anytime in the foreseeable future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Hi Suman, probably an addition into the excel sheet would be that of a "sedimenter" (a lamp in the instrument panel present too) in the Safari, which "dries" the fuel/prevents water from entering into the vehicle fuel system. Seems to be a thoughtful feature, and curious to know if the Scorpio has it too.
Thanks for pointing this out mate, I'd missed this out. I know that its not there on the Scorpio 2.6, Raj, please confirm if the sedimenter warning light is there on the M Hawk

Last edited by suman : 18th June 2008 at 12:06.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:09   #422
Team-BHP Support

I don't think there is an equivalent to the VX in mHawk.
However the EX and VLS are evenly matched.
VLS has ABS, and EX as roof AC.
VLS costs 40,000 more, therefore EX is clearly better value.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:21   #423
BHPian

I have been using my Safari (let me keep beast for other threads) for a year now and before that was using TCIC. I have never had any problems with either of them, even coming to handle breaking down, nor windows etc.
I have done quite a lot (don't have the count) long trips in my old one and till date 4 1000 + in this new one. Not a single problem.
Or should I say I am lucky.
and today morning on my way to office in stop and go traffic near BTM, (most people from bangalore know about this who stay towards south what i am saying about stop and go traffic) a tempo traveller hit my from behind, but except for few scratches and some paint off on the Wheel cover, nothing at all has happened, while the TT front had a dent, now i claim that the dent happened cause of this accident, but can some one say what might have happened in this case with a scorpio? The exact portion of the damage is top right hand corrner and some middle portion of the wheel cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
True about getting into a Safari. My parents find it a bit tough as they are short.

You carried your head ? Wasnt it supposed to be fixed to your neck:P.
Hehe,couldnt help.

What is the air extractor?

While being driven? as like in driven from back and you felt the boot to be big? Are we taking about SUV or?

Can you prove what you type? Like handle coming off etc? I really want proof as I need to complain to Tata as mines doesnt have any issue. Maybe they gave me a lemon.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:24   #424
Team-BHP Support

In my personal opinion the Scorpio looks Hideous. The Safari is the most good looking vehicle sold below 10L bracket. No competition.
However, thats my opinion, others may hold different opinions.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:24   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I don't think there is an equivalent to the VX in mHawk.
Tanveer, thank you for your inputs. It was a comparison of the two TOP END models which are VX (for the Safari) and VLX (for the M hawk). This discussion started some time back on this thread where Raj had mentioned the prices of the two top end models & stated that the VX was overpriced since it only offered EBD & DVD screens over the M Hawk VLX.

My comparison shows that there are a lot more that the Safari VX offers. You are free, of course to make comparisons between the EX & the VLS, that's your prerogative. But I hope the reason for the VX vs VLX is clear. Obviously, the VLX doesn't match what the VX offers, that is the whole point!

Last edited by suman : 18th June 2008 at 12:26.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:27   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Thanks for pointing this out mate, I'd missed this out. I know that its not there on the Scorpio 2.6, Raj, please confirm if the sedimenter warning light is there on the M Hawk
It is there in the 2.6 CRDe - "Water in Fuel Filter" lamp in the console.
I expect it would be there in the mHawk as well.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:28   #427
BHPian

Quote:
He didn't notice it, yet he gave you detailed instructions on how to handle it - strange indeed!
Suman, strange things do happen

Quote:
What happened to the front window now?
Same again, strange things do happen again

Note: This is in reference to the handle and window in Raj's safari.

Last edited by babureddy : 18th June 2008 at 12:29.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:31   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tanveer, thank you for your inputs. It was a comparison of the two TOP END models which are VX (for the Safari) and VLX (for the M hawk). This discussion started some time back on this thread where Raj had mentioned the prices of the two top end models & stated that the VX was overpriced since it only offered EBD & DVD screens over the M Hawk VLX.

My comparison shows that there are a lot more that the Safari VX offers. You are free, of course to make comparisons between the EX & the VLS, that's your prerogative. But I hope the reason for the VX vs VLX is clear. Obviously, the VLX doesn't match what the VX offers, that is the whole point!
Well if anybody says Scorpio is more VFM, I strongly disagree.
The reason I compared the EX with the VLS, because VX vs VLX comparison would become subjective, with different people giving weightage to different features. For example DVD screens may be a waste to some, and great feature to some.

So how do you compare VFM without getting into subjectivity?
you take two variants which are feature matched most closely.
The VLS has ABS over the EX, and the EX has a roof AC.
Both features are pretty useful features.
Also if you look in open market, Roof AC and ABS cost nearly same (30K odd).
So EX-VLS make the perfect head to head comparison cases.
EX costs 40K less. Clearly makes it more Value for money.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:35   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
somehow i feel that scorpio has looks genetically formed like the jeeps. (no offence meant)
It has its origins in the old Mahindra jeeps. The platform is pretty much the same from 1976 or whenever they stretched the CJ 340 to create the CJ 540, which then became the MM540 with another body and a Peugeot engine. The suspension was the same too, until it got the Lotus-modified coils in the rear.

Commander 650MDI
Wheelbase - 2680 mm

MM540DP/Marshal
Wheelbase - 2680 mm

Bolero
Wheelbase - 2680 mm

Scorpio
Wheelbase - 2680 mm

Last edited by Steeroid : 18th June 2008 at 12:36.
Old 18th June 2008, 12:38   #430
BHPian

Quote:
i think u meant that you dont think this thread's arguments will ever stop.
yes, i too feel so!
but then look at it as a debate and it will be fun as well as informative!
Raj, this is one point where we both agree
Old 18th June 2008, 13:02   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
because VX vs VLX comparison would become subjective, with different people giving weightage to different features. For example DVD screens may be a waste to some, and great feature to some.
Go through the Excel file that I've posted - I think its clear that even without taking the DVD screens, the VX is way ahead of the VLX in terms of VFM - Airbags, EBD, Leather Upholstery, Roof AC etc etc etc - the list just goes on & on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
It is there in the 2.6 CRDe - "Water in Fuel Filter" lamp in the console.
I expect it would be there in the mHawk as well.
Anup, thanks but I'm not sure if its the same - in the case of the Safari, the sedimenter is knd of filtering it before it gets into the fuel filter/system as such. If the light remains on, it means you need to drain the sedimenter. If I'm understanding correctly, the "Water in Fuel Filter" indicates that the water is already in, right?

Last edited by suman : 18th June 2008 at 13:17.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:41   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anup, thanks but I'm not sure if its the same - in the case of the Safari, the sedimenter is knd of filtering it before it gets into the fuel filter/system as such. If the light remains on, it means you need to drain the sedimenter. If I'm understanding correctly, the "Water in Fuel Filter" indicates that the water is already in, right?
LOL, it's just a chamber at the 'bottom' of the filter that 'traps' water (being the heavier component) and has a sensor to indicate when it's full!
I'd be quite sure it is the same. Basic engineering does not have too many other solutions.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:41   #433
Senior - BHPian

Must be the difference between the top end and lower model..

Quote:
yes GD, u r right! but the TCIC safari i drove earlier dint have a seat belt warning, but it had a door open warning.
Old 18th June 2008, 13:56   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
LOL, it's just a chamber at the 'bottom' of the filter that 'traps' water (being the heavier component) and has a sensor to indicate when it's full!
I'd be quite sure it is the same. Basic engineering does not have too many other solutions.
Ahh, got it, for a moment "water in fuel filter" made me think the damage was already done! So it is similar, wil make the change......
Old 18th June 2008, 14:05   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Woh, woh, a review on what? Are you talking about a M Hawk Test drive? I think you've got it mixed up a bit - I promised a comparison of the features of the M Hawk VLX & the Safari VX so that it would be clear what the VX offered for the higher price.

I think I've posted that already. I have no intentions whatsoever of test driving the M Hawk anytime in the foreseeable future
ohhhh, i thought you will drive both the cars and then give us a review.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed