Scorpio mHawk 2.2 89 21.92%
Voters: 406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2008, 23:40   #466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
Saw a JD power asia pacific study in 08, according to which It appears that Scorpio has more issues compared to safari dicor. Not sure if this is already posted anywhere on Tbhp.
The JD Power study's reliability itself is quite doubtful, but for what its worth they've rated the Scorpio at below industry average for Vehicle Dependability (they have obviously not interviewed all the uncles, cousin, friends and relatives):

Name:  jdpowerasia.gif
Views: 932
Size:  48.8 KB

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th June 2008 at 23:43.
Old 21st June 2008, 01:01   #467
BHPian

Thanks Steeroid, exactly what i talking about.

What surprises me is that Safari should have scored more -ve points when compared to Scorpio per 100 vehicles if we can go by popular belief.
Old 21st June 2008, 01:19   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
What surprises me is that Safari should have scored more -ve points when compared to Scorpio per 100 vehicles if we can go by popular belief.
Why are you worried about 'popular belief'?

For instance, the TBHP 'test drives' of the one that ranks higher reads "Below Average" while the one that is below industry average rates "Good".

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st June 2008 at 01:21.
Old 21st June 2008, 21:05   #469

Hi Safari Lovers,

I vote for the safari in terms of looks.That is what you call as "Manly and Adventurous"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i dint get u! when both cars are priced similarly, whats with this "niche group"?? i mean, when i can afford a 10 lakh scorpio, why cant i buy a safari? if people are choosing a scorpio over the safari, especially when both are similar in pricing, it definetely means the SCORPIO is for the masses and not the safari.

i agree to you, but the road presence factor is highly subjective.
there is a huge difference in the hawk and VTT in terms of refinement and power delivery, the scorpio being on the better side.

i have rarely seen scorpio cabs in my city. the reason being they are not spacious and fuel efficient. cab owners dont care a damn about power!

"Sympathetic" scorpio
scorpios are not piling up in mahindra's stockyard!
Old 21st June 2008, 21:30   #470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Do we actually need another thread for this?! Why cant we just continue on the same beating-the-hell-out-of-each-other on the already existing threads?
OT: ben needs to be rewarded for his predictions! On the other hand, Swift has become very reliable car
Old 21st June 2008, 21:34   #471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
OT: ben needs to be rewarded for his predictions! On the other hand, Swift has become very reliable car
You're a bit late into the party, dont you think? This stuff has been going on for months.

Maybe we should make ben a mod?
Old 22nd June 2008, 10:04   #472
Senior - BHPian

The 2008 JDpower report indeed comes as a surprise.
The safari finally seems to have made it a notch up. I wonder how they conduct these surveys. Anyone here participated in one of these. Looks more like a conspiracy to me.
Old 22nd June 2008, 10:25   #473
Senior - BHPian

J.D. Power Rankings

India Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) Study | J.D. Power and Associates

this is how the JD power ratings stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
The 2008 JDpower report indeed comes as a surprise.
The safari finally seems to have made it a notch up. I wonder how they conduct these surveys. Anyone here participated in one of these. Looks more like a conspiracy to me.
Tatas are not Ambanis and they are the most ethical in business. so they do not involve in any conspiracy like other automobile manufacturers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 00:49. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd June 2008, 12:03   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
and today morning on my way to office in stop and go traffic near BTM, (most people from bangalore know about this who stay towards south what i am saying about stop and go traffic) a tempo traveller hit my from behind, but except for few scratches and some paint off on the Wheel cover, nothing at all has happened, while the TT front had a dent, now i claim that the dent happened cause of this accident, but can some one say what might have happened in this case with a scorpio? The exact portion of the damage is top right hand corrner and some middle portion of the wheel cover.
well, if you are talking about toughness, ths scorpio is no less buddy! many vehicles have hit my scorp from behind due to the driver's habit of sudden braking! it includes an esteem, endeavour, swift, qualis and a forester! i have not yet found a reason to repair anything! my same driver had crashed into a wagon R from behind. the wagon suffered from a badly dented boot door, its bumper fell down, both the tail lights and the rear glass was smashed but my scorp's bumper still stands thee proudly with just a scratch! want something big? a JCB excavator used in construction sites hit my CRDe and i have posted the pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
It is there in the 2.6 CRDe - "Water in Fuel Filter" lamp in the console.
I expect it would be there in the mHawk as well.
yes buddy, but i found it to be too basic to post it!

Quote:
Suman, strange things do happen

Same again, strange things do happen again

Note: This is in reference to the handle and window in Raj's safari.
yes, such strange things i expect only from a safari!
Attached Thumbnails
Safari VTT or Scorpio Hawk- battle of the 2.2s-19062008378.jpg  

Old 22nd June 2008, 15:03   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj, this is one point where we both agree
THANK GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Go through the Excel file that I've posted - I think its clear that even without taking the DVD screens, the VX is way ahead of the VLX in terms of VFM - Airbags, EBD, Leather Upholstery, Roof AC etc etc etc - the list just goes on & on.
hey suman, i have made some changes in your excel file and have attached it. some i recollect is the price difference which is not what you mentioned when the top end models are compared, you forgot to highlight some features in scorpio in yellow and fire resistant upholstery. also, the scorpio soes not need headlamp warning as it automatically gets switched off! also i am not sure whether the safari has "anti-pinch" windows.
Attached Files
File Type: xls m hawk vlx vs safari vtt vx.xls (26.0 KB, 351 views)
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:13   #476
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
The JCB should have broken down in pieces,Raj

the pic attached doesnt show from angle to make me believe that your vehicle had a hit from a JCB.

was it a toy JCB
when i took the pic, i had no idea i would have to prove to somebody about this! else i would have taken the "angle" into consideration!
well, if it was a toy JCB, i guess a safari would have been more safe!

Quote:
Actually, someone was telling me the other day that the Scorpio is real tough, even tougher than a Hummer. A scale model Hummer is what he was referring to though

Tch, tch, tch, shocking, why did he do that Raj? Surely another candidate for the following thread
surely he must have been a person who has never driven a scorp in his life!
as i said, he's rash with absolutely no driving sense!

Quote:
Bingo Shankar, I'm with you on this one. I guess you're referring to posts similar to the one about a Scorpio having a run-in with a JCB excavator & hardly a scratch on the Scorpio, right?
shankar balan spoke my words.

Quote:
I would say that your guess is fairly accurate - looks like a brush with maybe just the excavator's tyre.

In that case, Shankar, please also set the record straight by asking one of your named mates to cut down on the exaggeration & stick to pure facts. Pardon me, but we are about to throw up because of the overdose. PM me in case you don't understand which mate I'm referring to.
i guess some safari loyalists are getting a bit edgy here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
Phew!! I just finished reading this thread and Thank Zappo for his moderation. Hey Guys- I took the black VLX ( Scorpio) delivery - Puja on Wednesday due to some auspiciousness of the date and time and left it with the dealer for some formalities. Got a confirmation that VLX is parked in my building parking bay a couple of minutes back by the dealer's driver.
congrats shatrughna! hey today i saw a 4x4 scorpio slx. somewhere i remember reading that scorpio 4x4 is available only in dx.
anyways, enjoy your new ride!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 00:07. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd June 2008, 15:45   #477
Senior - BHPian

Lucky that nothing happened to you Scorpio after it was hit by a JCB.

bit OT, you still on OE rims?
Old 22nd June 2008, 16:08   #478
Senior - BHPian

well, i was absent from 3 days and thats because i was on a trip and this time it was my hawk.
but before reading this post, any member who gets very agrressive or offended by harsh comments on any vehicle, thats not my intention. simply ignore this post!
well, i wont describe its looks and keep this review short. especially since many, including myself has repeatedly commented on this forum that looks are highly subjective. for me though, the scorpio looked much better than my bro's safari.
space inside is, as i often say, adequate! safari's extra space would have been welcome but i was not uncomfortable in it, as is perceived. the boot, i again feel, scorp's is more spacious, mine being the 7 seater.
here i had all my familiar stuff, so did not spend much time gazing it! inserted the key and my scorp welcomes me- "welcome to the scorpio. pls drive you car carefully." i crank it up, plug my pen drive and off we leave. i am also excited since my car has crossed 1000 kms and i am ready to rip the engine. the engine immediately feels much more refined and smooth than the safari. though i miss the comforting ride of the safari. this one is not bouncy as the earlier models but the safari is in a different league when it comes to ride quality. i enter the expressway and till the toll booth, i decided to go slow. i set 90 kmph on the cruise control and relax! the throttle can be pressed if you suddenly want to overtake a slow moving car, if the throttle is pressed for more than 20 secs, the cruise gets switched off. the A/C in here chills too, i never had a chance to set the blower speed by more than 1. but i had nobody in the boot to comment on the cooling there. obviously, it will be lesser than the safari. automatic wipers and headlights on, so no need to bother about tunnels and rain intensity. this is the reason, i contradict statements like "useless electronics" used in this forum. after the toll, i just pressed the throttle to its max and the experience was mind blowing. the first time i crossed 100 kmph and how! the car touched 120 when i thought it was doing 90! the engine was still so refined and audible only above 135 kmph. wind noise is present but not from the A pillar as in the safari but somewhere from the front door hinges. tyre noise is not a problem though.
suddenly my car gave me a warning- "your scorpio is running on reserve fuel!" headed towards the nearest pump and also checked the tyre presure at a pump to guage the accuracy of the TPMS. it had an error of +1 psi. finally reached my destination and was again very comfortable. the scorpio is much more easy and fun to drive than the safari, i think. but for rear passengers, the safari is a better bet. thats because the scorp's ride quality from the front seats is quite good. also, rear passengers dont care a damn about how good the vehicle is to drive!
i was also accompanied by my CRDe scorpio. most importantly, none of the vehicle gave any sort of problems like blinking headlamps or slow power windows. thats what matters to me the most! also, the scorpio was quite comfortable on the highway but i'll add here that due to the safari's ride quality, it feels more planted to the road.
anyways, i expected that over time, the safari will grow on me, but it has not happened so. especially since on a short drive to pune, it gave me such niggling complains, then i shudder to imagine how it will behave on a long lonely trip... wish i could get the mHawk engine, safari's suspension and innova's overall reliability together in one SUV...!
cheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Lucky that nothing happened to you Scorpio after it was hit by a JCB.

bit OT, you still on OE rims?
yes, that scorpio is our company car and hence we have not spent much on it! that explains why we have not bothered to get it painted!

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd June 2008 at 00:50. Reason: Posts Merged.
Old 22nd June 2008, 19:09   #479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
a JCB excavator used in construction sites hit my CRDe and i have posted the pic.
You mean it scrapped your Scorpio whilst moving at 1-2mph ? If a JCB truly hit your car with a bit of momentum you would have a bit more damage.

I hope this is not going to turn into a 'my car is better than your because it is JCB proof' thread. I guess next someone will say Bigfoot ran over their Safari/Scorpio and it only suffered a few scratches which came out with a bit of t-cut.
Old 23rd June 2008, 00:39   #480
Team-BHP Support

raj, you have posted your reactions to others posts when I thought I have already asked you all to desist from turning this into an inferno. I specifically asked you not to react to every comment. While others seem to have agreed to my request you have again responded to each of those posts which is now essentially a closed issue.

What is it that you want mate? We do not want to issue an explicit gag order nor do we wish to close this thread. Please do not force the mods team to react.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks