Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 12:28   #46
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. I have seen people using road instead of footpath as if its vehicle owners duty to take care of them.

And seen people riding bikes on footpath rushing around as if answering nature's call.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 1st August 2008 at 12:29.
Old 1st August 2008, 15:21   #47
BHPian

Hey, just having speed limit increased isnt enough, just making wide great roads isnt enough, we need ABS for better braking if not airbags for saving life, ABS must be made cumplusory for trucks atleast if they want to increase the speed. whats the use a truck comign at 100kph cant stop at an appropriate distance.
Old 1st August 2008, 16:17   #48
BHPian

I did not even know the speed was every limited on the expressways in any part of India, and even if it was no one cared about it.

Looks like things are changing, I hope for the good.
Old 1st August 2008, 16:52   #49
BHPian

I don't think WE need any kind of law to drive at 100kmph. Look at how we zoom at 70kmph on city roads with pedestrians, buses, trucks, autos, cattle etc.

phew!
Old 1st August 2008, 17:19   #50

Overspeeding??Whats that?

I was stopped in OMR in Chennai when I was on my Civic a few days ago. I was doing around 130. Was late night. The cop comes over, looks at me and thinks that I might be connected (you know what cops do when they see an "imported" car ) and then helpfully suggests "Saar, if you want to speed, please do so in ECR after Muttukaadu. That stretch all the way till Pondy entrance has no speed limit". WOW!!! Never knew we had an autobahn in India and that too in good ole chennai
Old 1st August 2008, 18:01   #51
BHPian

they surely can increase the speed limits past 100kmph. Driving fast versus driving stupid and rash are different things. Also with the speed increase, they should mandate ABS and Airbags as base safety features (along with seatbelts) in all cars at no additional price This will ensure some level of safety on our expressways if a cow or tractor comes in front of you at 120kmph
Old 1st August 2008, 19:00   #52
BHPian

NH 46 (I think I got it right) initially (it was in 2002 - 03) had 100 KMPL as official speed limit. This is a stretch of 50 - 60 Kms between Chittoor and Turpathi. Later the speed was reduced to 80 or so as people started living on either side of the highway off the high way, which is the usual case in India. Even the road from Tirupathi to Sree Kalahasthi had similar speed limits.
Old 2nd August 2008, 08:26   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
they surely can increase the speed limits past 100kmph. Driving fast versus driving stupid and rash are different things. Also with the speed increase, they should mandate ABS and Airbags as base safety features (along with seatbelts) in all cars at no additional price This will ensure some level of safety on our expressways if a cow or tractor comes in front of you at 120kmph
lol we are talking about the safety measures after increasing the speed limits. How many of us follow that rule of speed limit, while we are running our babes on the expressways.

Atleast i don't follow i admit.

As Vasu said earlier, Govt. fools are not doing anything for the cows, dogs, tractors, bogies and especially road crossing missiles, They are not providing good roads, and providing expensive cars, no matter what safety few cars provide. Crumple Zone Yikes. Enough to crumple the people inside the car.

Most Viewed