Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 15:58   #1
VMG
BHPian

Extended warranty

Purchased Cedia in Chennai on 18th October and still not yet received the extended warranty ( 3rd year) letter.
Cedia owners: Any idea how much time it till take for this?
When ever I call him, I get a reply from the sales guy it will come in next 3-4 days.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:57   #2
BHPian

Even I got the extended warranty as part of the discount when I got the Cedia in Bangalore. My purchase was even earlier in August.

Every time I inquire about it, the Sales Manager always assures me that I will be getting it directly from HM by post. So far I haven't got it.
Old 6th December 2007, 13:11   #3
BHPian

You guys should write a letter to the dealer and the company. PLease put all these issues on record in case you have to go legal at a later date.
Old 6th December 2007, 16:37   #4
VMG
BHPian

It seems Mr. Nithyanantham ( Branch Head - ACT, Chennai) checking this site regularly. He has seen this query and taken up to HM and also mailed me saying that this will be done before this month end without fail.
Thanks to Mr. Nithyanantham for the prompt action/reply.
Old 7th December 2007, 08:17   #5
BHPian

Sometimes the Booklet and letter is delayed from the companys end...! You should follow it up- In my case I got the extended cover letter and booklet from the dealership after 3 months since United India had not sent out the booklets.
Old 17th December 2007, 11:58   #6
VMG
BHPian

Got my 3rd year extended warranty letter from HM/ACT on Friday.
Old 17th April 2012, 11:55   #7
BHPian

Re: Extended warranty - Lost the document

I had purchased Maruti's extended 4th year warranty 3 years back when I bought my Alto.

I have lost the documents and now I have to get some work done on my car AC. Can anyone guide me on what recourse I have to get the work done under warranty?
Old 17th April 2012, 12:07   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Can anyone guide me on what recourse I have to get the work done under warranty?
Email Maruti Customer Care, with your vehicle details like engine #, chassis #, date of purchase etc. I think they'll issue a duplicate EW booklet if requested. Even if they say no to it, at least ask for email confirmation that you have subscribed to their EW; that should be enough for any claims, I guess.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 12:47   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
I had purchased Maruti's extended 4th year warranty 3 years back when I bought my Alto.

I have lost the documents and now I have to get some work done on my car AC. Can anyone guide me on what recourse I have to get the work done under warranty?
Should already be on their databases and they should be able to give you a copy of it. Check this post here (Under-revving on my Baleno), where samurai had issues with the extended warranty. The original invoice of your purchase should be good enough to go back to the dealer and check for the extended warranty details.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 23:12   #10
BHPian

I have some doubts about the warranty/ext.

Now as we know Maruti is concentrating much on pushing accessories to keep their dealers happy may be. But are the accessories related warranty specific to the dealership only?

For example i put a reverse sensor and a horn from maruti dealer A. Dealership closed or am in someother town going for a claim of electricals to dealership B, Will I still be able to claim my warranty? Is it recorded? Why do they charge their own rates for accessories fitting. Many are expensive and with a blackmail of warranty, they still manage to do business. And Maruti doesnt manage these works.

Its high time it gets regularised by some government body.

Last edited by ganesc : 16th August 2013 at 23:13.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks