Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 16:10   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
SRV is not American, its Korean just like Hyundai. So where does America come in the pitcure?
SRV is not american, but General Motors is. I prefer Japanese/ Korean companies than American.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:15   #62
BANNED

SRV vs Palio Stile 1.6:
Specs, FE, performance same for both - check carwale.
Price: Rs. 4,45,255 for Palio & Rs. 7,89,205 for SRV

Forget NHC, Palio 1.6 is a better buy than SRV. So people who want to buy SRV for performance end up buying Palio 1.6.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:18   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Note: You don't like NHC because it doesn't rattle & you will miss your daily dose of music

Quote:
A SRV can be made to drift, a NHC can but highly difficult, a SRV is more stable then the NHC, more powerful, looks better, has more space, more legroom, better ride, better handling, better build quality. The only thing which the NHC has is the Honda badge and a engine giving slightly more kms per liter.
Busa dont forget to right `this is just my opinion` at the end of such STRONG comments/views.!
You do know the fact that there are many NHC owners here right ?
So please consider this fact before going on a bashing spree everytime someone says something good about the NHC.
I personally ignore such posts from some self proclaimed `enthusiasts` who keep repeating the fact that the NHC is not a powerfull car etc etc but this is too much.
What do you want us to do ? Sell our NHC`s and buy a swift/baleno/palio etc ?
Will that make you happy ?
Honda is not forcing anyone to buy the NHC....its clearly a normal family sedan with decent fit and finish a good FE. (ooops i said something good about the NHC ,flame me)

Also this thread was about the SRV right ?
Can we please get back to the topic now ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 7th December 2007 at 16:21.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:21   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
SRV has more room because its a hatch - from dash to the 5th door it is open.
I dont see the logic. This optra/srv does have lots of space. I don't think the seating position has been altered between the sedan and hatch version.

Quote:
Fit & finish - SRV might be good but NHC is better.
Not sure about honda. But Optra does have a very good fit and finish. And in general the GM cars rattle less and their build quality are very good.

Quote:
Badge - Honda has built the reputation
Agree at this point. Very difficult to match "H".

Also once sat on the rear seat of rudra's optra. With that low profile tyres, the ride quality was soo good.

I have not experienced City. But SRV being a derivative of optra, is a class ahead.
But between these 2 cars, City will still be the preferred buy because of these reputation, perception, brand value, resale value and other such thing. GM has to work on these areas and little on this FE part. But i don't see any such improvement happening from them...

BTW what do we mean by notchy gear? By any chance corsa too has this notchy gear shift?? I have not driven these chevrolet/deawoo cars. can some explain this???

Last edited by gkrishn : 7th December 2007 at 16:26.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:23   #65
BHPian

Guys,
why is it when somenone starts a thread on a topic, that topic is totally forgotten and a new debate starts which has already been discussed or is being discussed in another thread ?
Srv is still expensive and won't sell. I dont know how these car companies keep shooting themselves in the foot with their products and pricing.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
IMO NHC is the 2nd most ugliest looking car in India, the first beng Maruti Versa.
NHC type II is not handsome but its definetely not bad. Its a car suited for a more relaxed (read 'sedate' ) drivers .
IF NHC is IInd in the "worst lookers" list where will you place SX4 ? Even SX4 has a controversial design style . And the side view reveals an array of clumsy lines and half made window but is it bad looking ? For some yes , for some no ! Thats the same case for NHC type II . To be frank,I dont like it but I have come across many who likes it and its definitely not the second worst coz that place belongs to my car Fiat Siena (though I like it)
Old 7th December 2007, 16:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

What is NHC doing on a SRV thread?

SRV is a performance hatch, for a select few passionate for driving & care a hoot for FE etc.
Didnt suceed in India coz it was highly overpriced, whereas Palio 1.6 with a price tag of 4.5 - 5 lacs was good enough for those driving geeks.

NHC is a plain sedan for City driving! Nothing beyond that!
Old 7th December 2007, 16:27   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unlike SRV, NHC has that sporty sedan looks
I think this has been mistakenly posted here, this line should make a good post in the official jokes thread . I must say that you have an amazing sense of humour.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:45   #69
BANNED

Whats common between SRV & Optra????
Engine has different specs, length (SRV is 25cm shorter), width are different, suspension is different, tell me what else is common?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
I have not experienced City. But SRV being a derivative of optra, is a class ahead.
Its a fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I think this has been mistakenly posted here, this line should make a good post in the official jokes thread . I must say that you have an amazing sense of humour.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:51   #70
BHPian

Quote:
SRV vs Palio Stile 1.6:
Specs, FE, performance same for both - check carwale.
Price: Rs. 4,45,255 for Palio & Rs. 7,89,205 for SRV

Forget NHC, Palio 1.6 is a better buy than SRV. So people who want to buy SRV for performance end up buying Palio 1.6.
There you go mate. . Thats an absolutely valid comment. Make me feel good....why I have one.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:53   #71
BHPian

Can someone tell me why we are comparing the SRV and the NHC ?

They are in two completely different segments, and for different types of prospective customers.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Can someone tell me why we are comparing the SRV and the NHC ?

They are in two completely different segments, and for different types of prospective customers.
Exactly....I never wanted to discuss pros and cons of SRV and NHC. It all started with the very simple reason, that will people still buy it or neglect it...or this has something to do with SRV TCDi

The price tag dragged the discussion towards HNC.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:06   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Whats common between SRV & Optra????
Engine has different specs, length (SRV is 25cm shorter), width are different, suspension is different, tell me what else is common?
Width,height and wheelbase are not different. Only length and weight are different. Going by the spec sheet the suspension also seems to be same. My understanding is srv is a optra w/o boot, with external and internal cosmetic difference.

1.6 Engine might have different o/p but i guess that is a different level of tunning. They are same engine.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Let's Wind up and start thinking from scratch... What the Hell GM People are celebrating... Hmm.. is it 100th SRV Sold or GM trying to sell 100th SRV

Cheers
Old 7th December 2007, 17:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this crap needs to sell at 5 laks to make sales. first time i saw this i was qouted 9.8 laks for it onroad then i was like a honda city costs the same. they went like its better than honda, im like how its a hatchback they said it looks hatchback but its big i was like dream on and bought a honda instead lol

This is the post that got you all started on NHC v/s SRV debate.

No more off topic from here on please.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th December 2007 at 17:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks