Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 00:02   #31
BHPian

Srv with the magnums engine would really be enticing. Finally it would be performance to with the good looks. How is chevrolet's a.s.s though? Recently had a poor experience when gf was thinkin' about a spark. Went to the dealership for some info and test drive. There was no one at their desk and hesitantly someone came from the backroom. He gave us a brochure and we enquired about a test drive. No test drive he said! How is one to buy a car without test driving it! We returned the brochure and got outta there!
Old 7th December 2007, 00:08   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I have already placed my configuration through the site but they have not acknowledged it as yet
This was discussed before also in team-bhp. Its just to gauge customer responses.
You missed this part-
Quote:
The information and contents on the website are for research and survey purposes only and do not represent an offer to sell
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
im like how its a hatchback they said it looks hatchback but its big i was like dream on and bought a honda instead lol
A hatchback can't be better than a sedan?

This is exactly the approach we are famous for! And reason why hatches above 5L find it hard to sell. We think hatches should be cheaper than sedans.
(We does not exclude me)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 7th December 2007 at 00:12.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:17   #33
BANNED

FYI, 800 didn't sell at 8 lakhs. But NHC does. What is 800 doing between SRV & NHC, which are similarly priced?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
800 has sold more what a NHC sells a decade back, does that make the NHC worst.
Well NHC hatchback/sedan variants (VTEC/I-DSI) have sold more than 2 million around the world. I don't have to say more.
Quote:
The NHC IMO is the worst car Honda has ever made. It just doensot have any soul.
. Tell me which has better low-end torque & gearbox. Maybe you want to recall these words.
Quote:
Yes the SRV has poor grunt and a bad gearbox, but it surely is better then the NHC.
Still have hopes on GM management to get the price right . You will get that price 4 years after the launch - as a celebration price.
Quote:
And if GM launches a SRV Diesel below 7.5Lakhs, i am surely buying one.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:31   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
FYI, 800 didn't sell at 8 lakhs. But NHC does. What is 800 doing between SRV & NHC, which are similarly priced?
Well NHC hatchback/sedan variants (VTEC/I-DSI) have sold more than 2 million around the world. I don't have to say more.. Tell me which has better low-end torque & gearbox. Maybe you want to recall these words.
Still have hopes on GM management to get the price right . You will get that price 4 years after the launch - as a celebration price.
IMO NHC is the 2nd most ugliest looking car in India, the first beng Maruti Versa. But its good to see that at least somebody loves it. But please dont start comparing cars on he basis of numbers sold. if that becomes the criterion, tbhp will lose its purpose of being an enthusiasts forum.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:37   #35
BANNED

Grapes are sour man .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
IMO NHC is the 2nd most ugliest looking car in India, the first beng Maruti Versa. But its good to see that at least somebody loves it.
I also wonder how NHC made itself into SRV thread , who got it?
Quote:
But please dont start comparing cars on he basis of numbers sold. if that becomes the criterion, tbhp will lose its purpose of being an enthusiasts forum.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:43   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tell me which has better low-end torque & gearbox. Maybe you want to recall these words.
Maruti Baleno. Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Verna, Ford Fiesta. Thats almost the whole segment.

Quote:
Still have hopes on GM management to get the price right
Yes, certainly and they will. Atleast GM management gets the price right better then what Honda does. 10Lakhs for a NHC is the biggest robbery of the millenium. I mean 10lakhs for a 1.5L engine is pure

Quote:
Well NHC hatchback/sedan variants (VTEC/I-DSI) have sold more than 2 million around the world. I don't have to say more.
Toyota Corolla has sold more then 35million, thats the best car in the world according to your fantastic logic.

BTW you work for Honda or have a crazy obsession about Honda, cause all your posts show the same thing.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:45   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Grapes are sour man .
ola !!! i have lost my speech... agreed that the car I drive is quite ugly but at least it does not look like a pregnant spaceship on skinny legs...

Last edited by BlackPearl : 7th December 2007 at 00:57.
Old 7th December 2007, 00:54   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW you work for Honda or have a crazy obsession about Honda, cause all your posts show the same thing.
I am sure that its not the first option as even the people working in Honda would have better sense than to support a car like NHC. they know that they are robbing people by selling NHC for 10 lacs. but why worry when there are takers of the coveted badge at whatever price they put up??
Old 7th December 2007, 00:55   #39
BANNED

You were talking about SRV & NHC. How did all these come into the picture
Quote:
Maruti Baleno. Suzuki SX4, Hyundai Verna, Ford Fiesta. Thats almost the whole segment.
Honda know their lesson well: they have priced their product at what the customer is willing to pay - Lesson GM needs to learn.
Quote:
Yes, certainly and they will. Atleast GM management gets the price right better then what Honda does. 10Lakhs for a NHC is the biggest robbery of the millenium. I mean 10lakhs for a 1.5L engine is pure
If NHC is ugly, why did more than 2 million people around the world opt for it? If SRV is the beauty queen, why it can't sell more than a couple in whole of India in a month?
Note: Corolla's 35m figures for 7 or 8 generations.
Quote:
Toyota Corolla has sold more then 35million, thats the best car in the world according to your fantastic logic.
Wish I could
Quote:

Last edited by diabloo : 7th December 2007 at 00:58.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:03   #40
Senior - BHPian

GM, quit this and start over.

The other day at GM showroom, the salesperson told me that the FE of SRV is about 7. If that is what the company person claims, I don't want to buy one and test the actual FE.
Old 7th December 2007, 01:05   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If NHC is ugly, why did more than 2 million people around the world opt for it? If SRV is the beauty queen, why it can't sell more than a couple in whole of India in a month?
If SRV was made by Honda instead of GM, sales would have been much more than the bad looking City!
Old 7th December 2007, 01:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wish I could
Keep wishing, coz nobody at Honda cares whether you plug their cars or not.

Quote:
but at least it does not look like a pregnant spaceship on skinny legs...
Thats the most apt discription of the NHC i have heard ever.

Quote:
If NHC is ugly, why did more than 2 million people around the world opt for it?
Omni is the 8th most selling vehicle in the country, but its as ugly as the NHC, so what you trying to say that 2 million people in the world dont go on looks and buy or 2 million are blind?

Quote:
You were talking about SRV & NHC. How did all these come into the picture
They came in the picture coz they belong to the same segment. Anyways GM knows how to make a celebration rather then putting fake badges all around a fugly looking car with a moped engine to drive it.

Quote:
they have priced their product at what the customer is willing to pay
They pricing maybe working but in the long term its sure to fail.

BTW Honda cant even design a wind tunnel. Their B team beat them high and dry.

With all due respects to honda owners and fans, i find the NHC not such a good car as it is made out to be. Accord, Civic, OHC, CRV are fantastic though.
Old 7th December 2007, 02:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

A car like SRV (Whats the full form?) tries to attack the enthusiastic-to-drive angle. However having test driven one, let alone fun, wasn't even impressed with anything apart from the ride.

NHC on the other hand, was never marketed as a FTD car. Its 77bhp engine is very refined, is easily drivable at low revs, returns very good Fuel efficiency with ride comfort levels not too far off from the SRV. Now which one is better?
Old 7th December 2007, 08:41   #44
BHPian

the srv looks really amazing, only problem is the price. if the diesel version with the magnum engine is priced around 7 to 7.25 lacs on road bangalore, it will find many takers, but this will affect the sales of the optra magnum, so they will never do it.
Old 7th December 2007, 09:31   #45
BANNED

There are lots & lots of NHC users on this forum. Nobody has reported any major issue with it. It probably has the least problems among all the cars sold, for its price & below. Thats a testimony of its build quality & customer satisfaction. Why just India, around the world too.

Then why do you say its not good?

Quote:
With all due respects to honda owners and fans, i find the NHC not such a good car as it is made out to be. Accord, Civic, OHC, CRV are fantastic though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks