Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 13:42   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Why get an (ab)used car paying 4.5 lakhs when you could get a spanking new Baleno by putting in just a wee bit more (atleast till last year) ?
I have driven the OHC and although I loved the engine and the razor sharp steering, the ride was poor and the interiors were horrible for a car that costs 10 lakh rupees (not even moulded roof). The very low seats combined with typically tiny japanese build, it made me feel vulnerable in the traffic. The Palio 1.6 was the exact opposite, tough, driver centric interiors and an engine with aweosme low and mid range, it pulled like an electric train and steering response and feel were just amazing. You can still have it brand new in the form of stile 1.6 at the price of a (ab)used OHC Vtec! Now that's what I call a bargain.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 13th December 2007 at 13:44.
Old 13th December 2007, 13:58   #77
BHPian

i would go with Baleno yeah i am driving one now . amazing my CULT Car
Old 13th December 2007, 14:05   #78
BHPian

The old Zen (original rounded corners shape) and the OHC would be great team-bhp cult cars. I've never owned an OHC, but ridden often in a VTec.

I used to own a zen, and boy do I miss that car, cute design, rev happy and I loved leaving other cars in the dust accelerating from the traffic signals. I was also really chuckable, fitting into most tiny spaces. How maruti have ruined it design-wise. I didnt even feel like getting into the classic and the estilo avatars.
Old 13th December 2007, 21:50   #79

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Why get an (ab)used car paying 4.5 lakhs when you could get a spanking new Baleno by putting in just a wee bit more (atleast till last year) ?
better yet,you can get a brand new palio 1.6 for 4.5 lacs.and the wee bit more you can use to get i.c.e .
Old 14th December 2007, 11:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
better yet,you can get a brand new palio 1.6 for 4.5 lacs.and the wee bit more you can use to get i.c.e .
I did consider this possibility. But then it would mean having to settle for a hatch and also the longterm savings in terms of FE would more than cover the wee bit I shell out initially.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 14th December 2007 at 11:10.
Old 14th December 2007, 12:25   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
If there is a vote for the cars whose owners are highly vocal bordering on noisy, then it has to go to the 1. Palio 2. Baleno 3. Tata Safari. Thats my list.
They certainly are passionate arent they?! Maybe it has something to do with the noise(s) that their cars make...
Old 14th December 2007, 17:30   #82

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
I did consider this possibility. But then it would mean having to settle for a hatch and also the longterm savings in terms of FE would more than cover the wee bit I shell out initially.
true that...logic takes priority over passion.
but good to know that you considered the possibility of a palio.
Old 14th December 2007, 17:57   #83
BHPian

Forgetting what i own and just going by the discussions that are happening, the most talked about car is definitely Baleno. i guess there are lots of talks on the safari too. but except for baleno i see lot of pros and cons being discussed and sometimes have gone to the extent. anyway my vote is for baleno, next comes safari.

BTW i own both baleno and zen. i have 2 of the un-official nominees for the award in the cult car category !!!!!
Old 14th December 2007, 18:02   #84
BHPian

my vote will be for OHC VTEC anyday....i love that one,wish it had been better equipped +available now too....
Baleno comes second(really after visiting Team-bhp ,i becoame aware of cult status of baleno,just started loving after reading about various posts about baleno)Zen comes not next but shoulder to shoulder with Baleno....
Old 15th December 2007, 03:25   #85
BHPian

I think the Mitsubishi Lancer should get the cult car status because it was the car that had and made a base for performance modifications rarely seen in India at the time it was launched.
Mods like scissor doors, low pro tyres, engine, suspension mods, exteriors add-ons like rear spoilers, sun roofs, air scoops etc. and not that other cars did not have them for mods, its just that the lancer just made them look damn goooooooood!! The Lancer was like a canvas for an artist; just let your imagination loose on it and the world admires it with envy (pun intended).
But for the above cars listed the OHC Honda VTec is undoubtedly the choice and I don’t think so I need to explain why?!

Last edited by aah78 : 15th December 2007 at 04:05. Reason: Text formatting removed
Old 16th December 2007, 10:21   #86
NIP
Senior - BHPian

i think the fiat 1100 and its variants. in the 70's and 80's. dunno about the new gen...u see one u've seen em all
Old 16th December 2007, 17:17   #87
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't it be better to have a poll going intead of one going through all the posts even to come to a decision
Old 16th December 2007, 18:55   #88
BHPian

the Palio Stile 1.6 for sure!! or any 1.6 Palio for that matter...wonderful cars and the best out of the lot!!!
OHC in for a close second, and Baleno in for 3rd!
Old 17th December 2007, 13:49   #89
BHPian

for me its

1. honda city vtech(OHC)
2. zen, baleno (couldnt decide btwn them)

although me being a suzuki guy, i love tat OHC, man wat a car..., many here although not owning OHC have voted for OHC this shows its capabilities ........ i think all other contender cars r from the proud owners.............. plz dont bash me here
Old 17th December 2007, 14:54   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
Wouldn't it be better to have a poll going
Nice idea. A poll could make things clearer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks