Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 16:07   #136
Senior - BHPian

OK, I am going to stick my neck out here here and say that this car, if it is real, will be a HUGE success for MUL.

Reasons: it will definitely come with the 1.3 MJD.

It will be priced at least 1 L cheaper than the SX4 (MUL Has to do this and going by recent evidence, they WILL come out with a killer price)- so an ex showroom between 5.5 to 6L

It is a Maruti

Indian public cares two hoots about looks (evidence- NHC Type 1, Santro MK1, wagon R- all these cars are a huge success, but certainly not for their looks)

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 14th December 2007 at 16:08.
Old 14th December 2007, 16:08   #137
BHPian

Suzuki is ruining all its designs! First the Zen and now THIS. I think they got the Hayabusa 2008 design team on this one too! No other way could they get it to look so ugly! I think it is on a "harakiri" mission.
Old 14th December 2007, 18:08   #138
BHPian

guys,
whatever the design, maruti has the history of selling them like hot cakes.
baleno for that matter did not have the great looks but it did sell thought not like swift or alto. esteem is also selling with the same looks of a maruti 100 .. refined here and there.

the looks are not that bad.. but if they release with esteem's price, i bet it is better than indigo, accent, logan or any other car in that category.. i am not counting fiesta and aveo(there are very few buyers)

thanks.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:28   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Look at the current one it is much better looking than the firt version, though still not 100% there. Have you guys seen Indigo XL, in creamish/peach color. It really is head turner, though the overall proportions are still not there..
After seeing Verna and this new Swift Sedan (Swidan - sound good). I started liking the Indigo design
Old 15th December 2007, 05:13   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post

Have to agree with that. This should be done ASAP
Too Late!!!

GMInsideNews Forums - View Single Post - world first exclusive spy photo-new suzuki swift sedan from Suzuki's INDIA PLANT

Spy Shots: Suzuki Swift sedan nabbed in India - Autoblog
Old 15th December 2007, 06:49   #141
Team-BHP Support

Should have been done earlier, but it all depended on whether Amit wanted it to the watermarked!
Now, we'll watch and laugh as the other threads go over the pics!
Old 15th December 2007, 14:09   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

I have to agree with Himanshu: The Swift sedan WILL sell like hot cakes especially if it comes with the DDIS 1.3 engine tuned to the current 75bhp or even better, 90bhp.

My reasons are:
1. Most Indian consumers care 2 hoots for looks as Himanshu pointed out
2. Maruti's service network
3. Devastating pricing & marketing strategy e.g. Swift Petrol, Diesel and (less so), the SX4.
4. Interior: Looks like they have lightened the Swift's dark interiors.
5. Spacious boot. Look at the height - It will probably be very well shaped for luggage. Don't underestimate the 'boot' factor in India . Many people simply drop the Swift hatch because of the boot's miniscule size. I DID!
6. After comprehensive feedback from the many Swift users, they MUST have got a handle on the build quality and niggles by now.
7. The DDIS engine is a true gem. With (hopefully) crisp handling, it will attract another stream of enthusiasts who could not consider the hatch due to the boot factor.
8. SX4-ish looks from the back. Good or bad?

The only cons I can think of as of now:
1. Parking will still be a nightmare due to the high boot. The rear window is now larger but the boot (and extended wheelbase negates the advantage).
2. Handling COULD be mushy/wallowy. The longish boot (relative to the car's overall size) must be adding a substantial amount of weight. However, Suzuki's engineering is sound so they MUST have sorted it out very well.

Thanks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
OK, I am going to stick my neck out here here and say that this car, if it is real, will be a HUGE success for MUL.

Reasons: it will definitely come with the 1.3 MJD.

It will be priced at least 1 L cheaper than the SX4 (MUL Has to do this and going by recent evidence, they WILL come out with a killer price)- so an ex showroom between 5.5 to 6L

It is a Maruti

Indian public cares two hoots about looks (evidence- NHC Type 1, Santro MK1, wagon R- all these cars are a huge success, but certainly not for their looks)

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th December 2007 at 14:14. Reason: Typo
Old 15th December 2007, 14:10   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Too Late!!!
And everybody is now claiming it to be their exclusive!
Old 15th December 2007, 22:56   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover View Post
hmm.. SX4 Bumpers... and with a big huge boot like sx4.

Anyways, which car is that just behind this sedan, with boot open, like 10-15 mtr away from swift sedan?

Is that a swift or sx4?

if that one is not sx4 means its not photoshop edited.

BTW the person, who posted the pics do work in photoshop.

Where is he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Looks like a load of PS to me. I've never seen such gaping shutlines after the Armada ceased production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
Analyzed the Picture in our lab. Its not photoshop edited. Its an orginal photo taken on a 24bit CCD cam (Mostly a Sony erric Mobile cam)

And about the gap, the camera is in right angle with the shutter gap, which the most visible angle of any gap present. Normally we will look at the shutter gap perpendicular to the car. So its not that evident. For example see the front door gap which you feel is much lesser compared to the back door... Add to that the mobile cam produced a fringe effect at the edges where the contrast (Body color white - no light gap black) is very high.

I guess its clear now...

sorry for not watermarking. i didnt realise until now that it would be a world exclusive. mods can u do the needful now?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th December 2007 at 04:31. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:02   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitverma View Post
sorry for not watermarking. i didnt realise until now that it would be a world exclusive. mods can u do the needful now?
Maybe you should try approaching autoblog. If you took these pictures yourself you may get paid for them. I know someone who got $200 for 2 pictures used by a similar blog.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:23   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe you should try approaching autoblog. If you took these pictures yourself you may get paid for them. I know someone who got $200 for 2 pictures used by a similar blog.
I posted a comment here Spy Shots: Suzuki Swift sedan nabbed in India - Autoblog

This image is originally taken from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...sive-pics.html.

INDICA from gminside has taken the picture from TeamBHP.com
Old 15th December 2007, 23:27   #147
BHPian

thanks for the heads up, ~abhibh
Old 15th December 2007, 23:28   #148
Senior - BHPian

Check out this thread for more

oh Look! Kotaku using my pics without 'permission' - GamingIndians
Old 16th December 2007, 07:51   #149
BHPian

I have come to know from some "reliable" sources that the Swift Sedan isn't going to be a three-box one. It is gonna be launched as a notchback/liftback ala Skoda Octavia, wherein the rear windshield opens along with the boot when opened.

P.S. Don't ask what the sources are. The car is in testing stages and is gonna be launched soon.
Old 16th December 2007, 08:00   #150
BHPian

If you see the pic in this thread, the car in the background does have a skoda-like boot - that is, it opens along with the rear windshield.

Most Viewed