Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 19:08   #211
Senior - BHPian

Just curious as to what source you guys are talking about. Can you please shed some idea?
Old 16th January 2008, 19:14   #212
Senior - BHPian

The multijet badge is really classy, eagerly awaiting the release. Still the best looking hatch as far as I am concerned. I hope Fiat doesnt screw up this time.

Old 16th January 2008, 19:48   #213
Senior - BHPian

Please note that Palio proudly sports 1.3 Multijet badge unlike DDis in the competitor's car!
Old 16th January 2008, 20:12   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I get the feeling that FIAT is more on a suicide mission than on a war path. Why would any Non-Fiat fan even think about buying the Palio MJD if its priced in the same category as the Swift D ? And the cheaper Indica Quadrajet would take the sales away once launched. I dont see a particularly bright future for the Palio MJD, not at the current pricing anyways. But then, it seems Fiat intends to sell around 1000 units per month of the Palio (petrol + diesel). That not very optimistic now, is it? So maybe they already are aware of the fact that the Palio MJD cannot become a runaway success. 4.5 L should be a better price for this car.
ROMS, I dont think that price is an issue, considering PALIO is slightly bigger from inside. Problem is a regular buyer has lost faith in the brand. I am willing bet that Palio under TATA's badge will do way better with same price tag.
Old 16th January 2008, 20:21   #215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
I am willing bet that Palio under TATA's badge will do way better with same price tag.
I beg to differ. With or without TATA's badge, it is imperative that FIAT get their pricing right, if they are serious about being a tough competitor to Maruti's Swift diesel, and making the MJD as popular and acceptable by the masses.
Old 16th January 2008, 20:40   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
I get the feeling that FIAT is more on a suicide mission than on a war path. Why would any Non-Fiat fan even think about buying the Palio MJD if its priced in the same category as the Swift D ? And the cheaper Indica Quadrajet would take the sales away once launched. I dont see a particularly bright future for the Palio MJD, not at the current pricing anyways. But then, it seems Fiat intends to sell around 1000 units per month of the Palio (petrol + diesel). That not very optimistic now, is it? So maybe they already are aware of the fact that the Palio MJD cannot become a runaway success. 4.5 L should be a better price for this car.
According to Fiat officials, they are not targeting volumes in the Market. This is anti strategy of Maruti and Tata. They are targeting a set of customers, who has taste for the cars. This time, I believe they know what they are doing.

FIAT's Strategy to sum it up:

1. Making presence of Fiat in India with niche market (Linea, GP, Bravo, 500, Alfa, Masserati, Ferrari).
2. Supplying Technology to Tata
3. Supplying Engines to Maruti, GM, and Tata
4. Exporting cars to other part of the world
5. Manufacturing parts and exporting to the world.

-BSR

PS: I think they might have realized that they have lost confidence of middle class India
Old 16th January 2008, 20:48   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
FIAT's Strategy to sum it up:

1. Making presence of Fiat in India with niche market (Linea, GP, Bravo, 500, Alfa, Masserati, Ferrari).
2. Supplying Technology to Tata
3. Supplying Engines to Maruti, GM, and Tata
4. Exporting cars to other part of the world
5. Manufacturing parts and exporting to the world.
Any idea what implications this strategy has for spare parts and maintenance costs for FIAT products in India? My sense is that if they are not doing much volume on the Palio in India, availability of parts with dealers will remain low (implies higher waiting periods) and prices will remain relatively high. This will put off anyone who is not a major FIAT fan
Old 16th January 2008, 21:32   #218
BHPian

As per FIAT people at AUTO EXPO, Palio MJD will be launched in two trims priced between Rs.4.40 - 5.0 lacs ex-showroom Delhi
Old 16th January 2008, 21:39   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Please note that Palio proudly sports 1.3 Multijet badge unlike DDis in the competitor's car!
Not for long
Old 17th January 2008, 10:55   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
As per FIAT people at AUTO EXPO, Palio MJD will be launched in two trims priced between Rs.4.40 - 5.0 lacs ex-showroom Delhi
Were they Fiat officials or just some good looking guy or dealership staff employed to host their stall at the auto expo?
Old 17th January 2008, 12:09   #221
BHPian

Wish there is a diesel in sport trim with ABS and Airbags priced around Sift VDi... If Fiat is really serious about selling the Palio, they should give it ABS and Airbags...
Old 17th January 2008, 12:35   #222

SDX comes with Leather seat covers

SDX comes with Leather seat covers...
Old 17th January 2008, 14:09   #223

Palio stile user Manuals....

Is there any place from where I can download the soft copy of the Palio Stile user manauals?
Old 17th January 2008, 14:58   #224
BHPian

Fiat 1.3 JTD info

Pl see this link
(http://www.sae.org/automag/techbrief...1-111-2-65.pdf).
Old 17th January 2008, 15:12   #225
tez
BHPian

if palio is not concern for FIAT, then spares will remain costly as they are now. Not a good news for prospective buyers
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks