Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

after ex factory price there is tax portion,surcharges if any margin of dealer,tool kit price,and all local taxes you get the exshowroom.to have a better idea difference between ex factory and ex showroom price of a swift would be almost a lakh in kerela.
ram
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:02   #242
BHPian

EX-factory prices excludes the sales tax,dealer commission,road tax,insurance....(sales tax 12.36%, road tax 10% on invoice amount in karnataka, dealer commission 4 - 6 %, insurance 2.36% and odd looks like it will cross 5.75 lakhs on road in karnataka)
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:45   #243
BHPian

Ambiguous replies from dealers in Pune too. Most of them were unaware of the fact that Palio will come with a 1.3 MJD engine! Those who were aware, said, it will be launched only in second half of 2008. Though, one senior person at Pandit Automotive informed that it will be launched in couple of months.

But everyone was unanimous in that, if Fiat were to launch it in Feb 2008, they should have received some intimation by now.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:58   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
ABS and AirBags is something FIAT is yet to decide on.

Will keep you all posted once they reply to mail on fully loaded Palio MJD.
Good to see they are keeping you posted with their launch.

f they offer ABS+Airbags this car is going to be super VFM and will offer so much more than hatches like the Swift DDiS/Getz CRDI with that tank like build that Fiat always churns out!

Do let us know when you get some updates.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:23   #245
Senior - BHPian

Feb issue of ACI reports that Fiat has already started production of the Palio MJD at Ranjangaon and the Autocar guys even managed to drive it within the Fiat factory limits. The company is also readying for the production of the Linea, the magazine reports that tools, dies etc are all avaliable with Fiat and the assembly lines are being readied for Linea production to start.

Looks like the Palio MJD is around the corner.

Bad news is interior is unchanged.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:46   #246
Senior - BHPian

This is a great news... so we might have demo cars ready by Feb... Seems very nice that FIAT has started production so at least we would get to try our hands on Palio MJD instead of asking customers to book on their gut feeling...

Another good thing is the plant is getting ready for Linea as well.. guys we may have many common parts between FIAT and TATA vehicles going ahead as both will be assembled at Ranjangaon facility.. This will keep check on pricing as well..
Old 23rd January 2008, 13:07   #247
BHPian

If fiat priced it well, should be below Swift Diesel than only it could be sold.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:21   #248
BHPian

I am eager to see the FIAT MJD.
I hope the engine works "as good as" it does in the Swift.
(though i seriously doubt it as in my opinion it "should" work better than the way it does in Swift.
Fiat should be able to mate the engine well with the rest of the car )

The car will be 100% Fiat....

Oh god please make FIAT do the right thing this time.
Old 23rd January 2008, 23:45   #249
BHPian

"The company is also readying for the production of the Linea, the magazine reports that tools, dies etc are all avaliable with Fiat and the assembly lines are being readied for Linea production to start.

Looks like the Palio MJD is around the corner. "

From what FIAT tell's me is Linea will be launched by nov end and the Grande Punto by oct end. So there is a long way ahead for these 2 car's roll out.
Old 24th January 2008, 10:48   #250
BHPian

Source: The good old Fiat gets stylish

The good old Fiat gets stylish

Fiat India vice-chairman and CEO of Fiat Powertrain Technologies Alfredo Altavilla says that Italian auto giant is all set for a new beginning in India.
Talking about how Fiat looks at the Indian market, Altavila says that the company is very optimistic about the country as it is growing very big in terms of volumes. “We are extremely positive about it and are going to launch five new products this year. We look forward to gaining more presence with our new strategies and products,” he confides.
The company will launch Linea and Grande Punto during the third quarter while Palio diesel will be launched in March.
“The current year will see Fiat working on the re-establishment of the brand in India,” he says. He adds that the new launches will be supported by increasing the number of Tata-Fiat dealers to more than 100 in the coming years. The company is expecting to sell about 70,000 units of its Fiat models in the next two years.
“We plan to develop India into one of our leading Markets in sync with our international image —as a leading manufacturer of finest and stylish cars,” he asserts

Note from Moderator: Kindly avoid using [COLOR] tags

Last edited by adya33 : 24th January 2008 at 10:50.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:26   #251
BHPian

with such a great vision and products well suited for india FIAT finally seems to be on the right tracks.
the Palio with its 1.3MJD is sure to be a winner if FIAT gets its pricing right. At a lower price, the palio is sure to give the swift a run for its money...!...
afterall its a FIAT engine that is doing all the magic for the Swift D's sales...
Old 25th January 2008, 00:00   #252
BHPian

Great to hear Fiat so bullish in the indian market. I'm looking to buy a Diesel small car but not too much in a hurry.
I'd thought that i'll wait for the facelifted Swift, before purchasing the VDi, now I guess I could wait a few days more and check out whether the Palio MultiJet is the better car.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:28   #253
BHPian

Hi All,
Had a talk with one of my friends who works at Fiat. he mentioned to me that the MJD would be released in March'08. The target pricing would be about 10 k lower than the Swift. No ABS/Airbags as an option even in the higher end version.
He did mention to me that the gear ratios on the MJD would be tweaked to give a better performance than the Swift.
I have my reservations about the success if they price it same level as the Swift. After all crap Maruti sells cars only on the brand name and that is what Fiat lacks sorely, even after the Tata tie up.
All the best to Fiat anyways.
Old 25th January 2008, 11:39   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
The target pricing would be about 10 k lower than the Swift. No ABS/Airbags as an option even in the higher end version.
Oh no! another indian car giving short shrift to safety. Although despite Maruti cars boasting of ABS, the dealer told me that the Swift VDi w ABS would take about 5-6 months to deliver due to a shortage of the imported ABS kits. Given Fiat's image, pricing doesnt seem great either.

Quote:
He did mention to me that the gear ratios on the MJD would be tweaked to give a better performance than the Swift.
Well, A fiat engine in a fiat car SHOULD be better performing, thats expected

Quote:
I have my reservations about the success if they price it same level as the Swift. All the best to Fiat anyways.
Yeah, even I was planning on waiting till march '08 for the Palio MultiJet before making a decision on which small car diesel to buy. I guess I'll wait a bit anyway.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:30   #255
Senior - BHPian

The car is coming in March... No idea about pricing n all.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks