Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2008, 18:01   #301
BHPian

Hi all, just got a maill from FIAT India, they say that the Palio 1.3 MJD may come with ABS and alloy wheels when I asked them if the palio would have ABS and the features of the 1.6 petrol sport. They wish not to comment on the features that the palio would have
Old 29th January 2008, 18:37   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Agree for Palio 1.1, but, are you saying Swift 1.3 petrol engine is better than Palio 1.6?
No, but in terms of layman the 1.3 engine is better then the 1.6 because it gives better mileage. The 1.6 engine in the Palio is fantastic, Swift engine is no where near.
Old 29th January 2008, 18:52   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I totally agree with you, the build quality of Fiat vehicles is fantastic, the ride is way better then Swift, but as a overall vehicle Swift beats it in engine, handling, looks(subjective), A.S.S & resale department.
Looks are subjective i like palio looks (OLD one). Stile is ok too.

BUSA are you sure about the handling part ? Because when i drove Swift it tailgates and handling was not as good as palio. Or are you comparing the Stile to Swift ?
Old 29th January 2008, 19:33   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
The last I heard, the stile sales have increased to 500 units a month
Which month?

Sales figure for December 2007 (latest available as of now), is 151 units.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-45.html:eek:

Sales figure for November 2007 is 243 units against 7321 for the Swift. BUSA, you got it wrong. Its actually 30 times the sales figure of Palio Stile.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th January 2008 at 19:35.
Old 29th January 2008, 20:29   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Which month?

Sales figure for December 2007 (latest available as of now), is 151 units.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...s-45.html:eek:

Sales figure for November 2007 is 243 units against 7321 for the Swift. BUSA, you got it wrong. Its actually 30 times the sales figure of Palio Stile.
cool lets party then atleast someone here can be happy with this news
Old 30th January 2008, 10:32   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
All the current engines in the Swift the Petrol and Diesel score over the engine in the Palio 1.1 and 1.6
I beleive you are serious when you had passed this statement!
Trust me i did ROFL reading this!

Swift looks big from outside and totally cramped inside. No good thigh support or lumbar support. And you can read swift owners in TBHP crying about back pain and i did even personally experience it! Swift petrol doesnt show very good power or fuel economy compared to the Palio 1.6. The Palio 1.6 can match the performance of a City VTEC. Is a Swift really capable of that!? Or can you drive a swift without rattle noise...? And the Swift diesel runs the Fiat engine.

I hate to compare Swift with a complete car like Fiat. You can find only passionate drivers own a Fiat. We are proud to own a Fiat.

So many claim the GTX to be an absolute fuel drinker and so many blah blah... Do u find any of the GTX cars on sale anywhere. Anybody who owns it wouldnt sell it. Thats the power of Fiat. Is that the same case with Swift owners...? I remember seeing one for sale on the first month of their launch...

Pls stop comparing the Swift with the Palio!
Old 30th January 2008, 12:01   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Swift looks big from outside and totally cramped inside.
Looks big from the outside, is not that big inside agreed. Only the back is cramped though. Vikram_D and theMag can vouch for the space in the front.

Quote:
No good thigh support or lumbar support. And you can read swift owners in TBHP crying about back pain and i did even personally experience it!
Maybe you have a weak back?

Quote:
Swift petrol doesnt show very good power or fuel economy compared to the Palio 1.6.
Dude both cars arent that hot on FE more so when driven with a heavy foot.

Quote:
The Palio 1.6 can match the performance of a City VTEC. Is a Swift really capable of that!?
Are you serious? Performance in what sense... like 0-100 ? VTEC doesnt have a cult status for nothing boss.

Quote:
Or can you drive a swift without rattle noise...? And the Swift diesel runs the Fiat engine.
Even better, I can drive a swift with a rattle noise Yeah I agree the swift runs the 1.3mjd engine BOOTYfully !

Quote:
I hate to compare Swift with a car like Fiat.
Then why do what you hate? Also Busa has owned both cars so lets take a breather from this everybody.
Old 30th January 2008, 12:51   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Looks big from the outside, is not that big inside agreed. Only the back is cramped though. Vikram_D and theMag can vouch for the space in the front.
Ma Friend, why should someone vouch for space in front, most cars have split seats in front and its rare to have an arguement about front seats. I am talking about the rear seats and as you said they are cramped.

Quote:
Maybe you have a weak back?
Its not a joke or a statement which i threw on the fly... And its not just me who had a trouble! You should check this link Left Knee Pain.
I have a weak back... huh? Dude!

Quote:
Dude both cars arent that hot on FE more so when driven with a heavy foot.
Any car would suffer on the FE if driven with a heavy foot. But comparing a 1.3Litre and 1.6 Litre engine on the ideal conditions the Swift Petrol doesnt return a good FE to be talked about comparing with any machine.

Quote:
Are you serious? Performance in what sense... like 0-100 ? VTEC doesnt have a cult status for nothing boss.
Is 0-100 is all you know when it comes to Performance? VTEC is a great car and i am a great fan of the OHC VTEC. The Palio GTX was the only machine which had/has all the abilities to match the performance of the VTEC.

Quote:
Even better, I can drive a swift with a rattle noise Yeah I agree the swift runs the 1.3mjd engine BOOTYfully !
Yeah... i do agree about the 1.3MJD and its all because of the smart Fiat technology! Suzuki should also get some technology from Fiat to make cars without rattles.
Then it wud be still more BOOTYfull.

I also want to bring up here an incident which my friend who owns a Swift Petrol came across. He was on a drive to Salem via Vellore-Ambur-Krishnagiri. He hit a dog right near the signal below the bridge where the speed is usually in the 50KMPH mark. The dog exactly hit the front grill and it went underneath the car, infact it was alive, got up and started running normally. We thought it was a normal incident and dint care much and continued driving. In a few minutes drive we could feel the vehicle choking and we got down from the car to understand that the Radiator was badly damaged and required a replacement.
The service guy explained that the Front grill clamp had punctured the radiator hose and that was the reason for all the trouble.

I feel this is a critical thing which we came across! What are your thoughts?
Old 30th January 2008, 13:09   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Palio 1.6 can match the performance of a City VTEC. Is a Swift really capable of that!?
No it cannot. And neither can most cars on our roads even today.

Last edited by iraghava : 30th January 2008 at 13:13.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:16   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hi all, just got a maill from FIAT India, they say that the Palio 1.3 MJD may come with ABS and alloy wheels
Great news! Palio MJD with ABS will attact lot of BHPians for sure!
Old 30th January 2008, 13:24   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
No it cannot. And neither can most cars on our roads even today.
Is it because of the weight. VTEC being lighter or the engine being superior. Got the details and I am more confused now -

City VTEC - 1.5L
Kerb Weight - 1065
Power(PS/rpm) - 100/5800
Max Torque(Kgm/rpm) - 13.5/5800

Palio 1.6
Kerb Weight - 1060
Power(PS/rpm) - 100/5500
Max Torque (Nm/rpm) - 137/4250

What else makes VTEC better in performance?

Any comments?

Last edited by windsurfer : 30th January 2008 at 13:34.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:28   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Great news! Palio MJD with ABS will attact lot of BHPians for sure!
Yeah it will be super VFM with ABS and the other extra's.

@Anachronix, no offense but I think I will sit this one out
Old 30th January 2008, 13:33   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is 0-100 is all you know when it comes to Performance? VTEC is a great car and i am a great fan of the OHC VTEC. The Palio GTX was the only machine which had/has all the abilities to match the performance of the VTEC.
No, there are a lot more things apart from 0-100 and the VTEC was faster outright, anyday. BTW, have you ever driven a VTEC for an extended period?

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Is it because of the weight. VTEC being lighter or the engine being superior.
Combination of both, light weight & a good high-revving engine producing decent power.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:40   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Combination of both, light weight & a good high-revving engine producing decent power.
Are we talking about OHC or the new one? I have updated my earlier post and all the details looks very similar for the new City VTEC.
Old 30th January 2008, 13:55   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
Are we talking about OHC or the new one? I have updated my earlier post and all the details looks very similar for the new City VTEC.
I was talking about the OHC & so was anachronix. Stats for the OHC are:

106 bhp
975 kgs.
14 or 14.5 kgm torque
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks