Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 22:03   #31
BHPian

It is for sure it will be 1.3MJD.i think GP will be priced same like Fabia.
Old 14th December 2007, 23:20   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by five46 View Post
If this new Fiat Palio 1.3 is a MJD AND priced below 5.5L, then hold your breath folks, we've one more Taxi in the making...
I dont think so.

Indica still makes a cost effective option. Considering Indica taxis out there are NA indicas and not turbos, the taxi-wallahs still might opt for the Indica. They also look for the easy availability for spares, which will still be an issue with FIAT.

But, Palio 1.3 will make more sense to families. People who have loved the Swift diesel for its engine, but didnt buy it because of space and rear seat comfort! Just think of it, how many threads we have in team-bhp with same question. They like Swift diesel, but think rear seat is not enough!
Old 14th December 2007, 23:52   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just hoping. What if it had a 90 bhp VGT?
Its highly unlikely. They plan to keep that for the Linea.

And they should price it 50k less then the Swift, if they want to price it at par, they better offer more features.
Old 15th December 2007, 11:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta9 View Post
these guys are waiting for the auto expo it seems, FIAT guys were like the car is ready for launch... i suppose after the V3 is launched the palio 1.3 would be launched ... lol else the V3 will be left in show... but seriously how can they charge 5.5 ?? if a 1.1 is available for 3.9 then a 1.3 should be available for 4.5 max.

why are my posts not getting approved :(
I think the price of 5.5 L is a pure speculation. Looking at the aggressive pricing of 1.6 L ( I bought my 1.2 L at that price), I am sure they will price 1.3 diesel aggressively.
Indica will never compete with Swift and Palio 1.3 MJTD will definately take the Swift head on.
Old 15th December 2007, 19:02   #35
BHPian

And it will be difficult to own one here in Delhi, if Diesel cars are banned.
Old 15th December 2007, 19:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I don't see a point of placing a new engine between a 1.2 and 1.6. I think this introduction is purely to compete with Swift and Getz.

Now, Palio will have 1.1,1.2, 1.3 and 1.6. Shouldn't they be thinking of filling the gaps?
i think the 1.2 no longer exists and the 1.3 is a diesel
Old 16th December 2007, 14:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
i think the 1.2 no longer exists and the 1.3 is a diesel
What happend to all 1.2 palios?as I know mine is still there so they still exist man.
You mean they are no longer in production but there are 1.2 on the roads and will be.
Old 16th December 2007, 15:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Thread title changed to clear up the confusion.
Old 16th December 2007, 15:39   #39
BHPian

hello all
guys i went to the fiat/tata showroom at charni road (mumbai).
enquired about the stile 1.3MJD (of its pending arrival anyway), the guys there didnt have a clue as to what i was talking about.
has anyone got official news from a showroom etc that the 1.3MJD is actually gonna be mated with the stile body? and if so what time period have you been told.
Old 17th December 2007, 23:15   #40

I am a part of the supplier network to all these auto companies. punto and linea wil take some time to hit the roads.
Old 18th December 2007, 00:44   #41
BHPian

u think the transport guys would employ 5L taxi hatches? i dont think so. as far as the taxi operators are concerned, they would remain happy with the Indica, as they dont give a crap about refinement, power delivery, technology whatsoever. also it does make sense. crdi engines must require more maintainence and care than the good ol' indTAXI [ :i think].
Old 18th December 2007, 01:00   #42
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
hello all
guys i went to the fiat/tata showroom at charni road (mumbai).
enquired about the stile 1.3MJD (of its pending arrival anyway), the guys there didnt have a clue as to what i was talking about.
has anyone got official news from a showroom etc that the 1.3MJD is actually gonna be mated with the stile body? and if so what time period have you been told.
The dealer will in now way reveal to you about any forthcoming cars from their own stable as it may kill their current sales, people will for sure wait for the new car and not the current crappy one.

It happened to me at Honda, I was speaking about the new V6 to be launched in March-April and the sales guy reply was he had no idea what I was talking about. Then I gave him a few hints like 3.5L V6 with VCM, MP3 audio, Sporty colors and then he was quite convinced that I knew somethin about it and he was so polite replyin YES SIR the launch is on March last week and will give you a call once we receive the car!

So I think it is the same for all manufacturers, SURPRISE LAUNCHES not affecting the current sales. It was same for Laura Ambiente, Getz 1.5, new CRV, VTEC+ , and now the Accord and maybe even Fiat 1.3.

Sure its gonna be too good of a car, with a superb chassis coupled to sporty looks none can go wrong with FIAT and its pricing. But am not sure whats wrong with these new age diesels, when a Verna 1.5 CRDi can be sold in huge quantities without any waiting period why not a Getz 1.5 with its huge butt-cracked waiting time!
Old 18th December 2007, 12:08   #43
BHPian

Probable pricing for Palio MJD 1.3

The difference between Swift Vxi and VDi is about 77K Rs. If you take Stile 1.1 SLX and add 77K to price it will be 5.24 L (4.47 + 77K) OTR in Mumbai. Since Fiat owns 1.3 MJD the difference will be less than 77K (Maruti has to pay some money to FIAT for licensing). I feel the diff will be about 50K, thus OTR price will be 5.0 L. If you add ABS the price will be around 5.3 L OTR. It should give tough competition to SWIFT/GETZ diesel hatches. Wondering why FIAT/TATA not launching PALIO 1.3 MJD?
If this scenario is true then what happens to 1.6 Sport(5.06L OTR in Mumbai)?
Old 18th December 2007, 13:28   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
The difference between Swift Vxi and VDi is about 77K Rs. If you take Stile 1.1 SLX and add 77K to price it will be 5.24 L (4.47 + 77K) OTR in Mumbai. Since Fiat owns 1.3 MJD the difference will be less than 77K (Maruti has to pay some money to FIAT for licensing). I feel the diff will be about 50K, thus OTR price will be 5.0 L. If you add ABS the price will be around 5.3 L OTR. It should give tough competition to SWIFT/GETZ diesel hatches. Wondering why FIAT/TATA not launching PALIO 1.3 MJD?
If this scenario is true then what happens to 1.6 Sport(5.06L OTR in Mumbai)?
The 'real' difference between the Swift Vxi and VDi is much more, probably 1 lac, given that VXi is taxed at 24% excise and VDi at 16%. On the other hand, Stile 1.1 attracts 16% as would Palio 1.3 diesel.

So you need to calculate again.
Old 18th December 2007, 13:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

I am sure Fiat would price it aggressively to accomodate a pricing gap for the GP. They know the indian market well that any hatch priced above 6Lacs+ would go for a toss. I am sure the pricing would be around 40K to 50K of the 1.6 Sports with all features available in the Sports version.

If this happens then you can see Swift/Getz making a run...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks