Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2008, 16:52   #466
BHPian

i have never faced such a problem infact i find the gearshift the best
Old 21st February 2008, 16:54   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
If you take the gear lever straight down from the first gear, [pull it down effortlessly,] it will go and place itself in 4th gear slot.
Isn't that how it should work?
Have you noticed this "not" happening in any other car?
Old 21st February 2008, 17:02   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Isn't that how it should work?
Have you noticed this "not" happening in any other car?
Well, not as much as it happens in Palio. I always felt it was bit too much in Palio.
Old 21st February 2008, 21:11   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Well if Palio can take the 1.9 Litre diesel, multijet would be a cake walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I think he was referring to the torque. 1.9 had a torque of 12.2 whereas 1.3 multijet will have a torque of 19+. The engine bay should very easily take 1.3 multijet engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Palio already has a 1.6 with 13.XX kgm and 100 bhp's. Besides its not a question of power or torque, the 1.3 JTD is much lighter and more powerful.

I wasn't talking about the feasibility of plonking the 1.3 multijet into the palio body. That has already been done. Neither was I talking about the testing or design changes to the chassis to be made, that too has already been done and is just a matter of having the vendors supply the redesigned components (chassis/suspension).

What I was talking about is the net result of the change. We know the Palio bodyshell was designed with a different engine family to start with. Now with the advent of the newer powerplants, there must have been changes made to accomodate the bigger torque, hp numbers as well as the weight distribution might have changed. So in all, the final result could be completely different from what we anticipate keeping the fabulous GTX in mind.

Every car body is designed keeping certain power sources in mind, when technology evolves, the engines are adapted into those bodies and the original parameters change. Thats when we have redesigned cars optimising the usage of new technologies.

For that matter the 1.9 diesel was such a show dampener. Was such a strange move considering they already had the lovely 1.7 turbodiesel in the sienna at the same time.

Last edited by 1100D : 21st February 2008 at 21:15.
Old 22nd February 2008, 23:48   #470
BHPian

The move from 1.7TD to 1.9NA was for emission compliance, if I remember correctly.
Old 23rd February 2008, 12:29   #471

It True

Quote:
Fiat is launching 1.3-litre diesel
on March 11?
Anyone had any info?
Old 23rd February 2008, 13:30   #472
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as per the ticker shown on CNBC yesterday Fiat is going to release first of 5 models scheduled for release in india this year, on March 11th.
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:13   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
as per the ticker shown on CNBC yesterday Fiat is going to release first of 5 models scheduled for release in india this year, on March 11th.
Yes, so that should be the Palio multijet
remaining 4, 500, Bravo, Linea and Grande Punto
Old 23rd February 2008, 14:16   #474
BHPian

i some how dont like the looks of Palio Stile,wish they had put this engine in the regular 1st gen palio.

Also,the beige interiors arent so great.
Old 23rd February 2008, 17:34   #475
BHPian

Its confirmed that the launch is on 11th March, the engines will be imported from Italy initially because their Engine making facility in the new plant is still not fully operational, Wonder what it would do to the price of the car ?, May be they will absorb the additional cost till they start making the engines here.
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:33   #476
LLL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Its confirmed that the launch is on 11th March, the engines will be imported from Italy initially because their Engine making facility in the new plant is still not fully operational, Wonder what it would do to the price of the car ?, May be they will absorb the additional cost till they start making the engines here.
Fiat readies 1.3-litre diesel Palio Stile- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
We have begun run-off production of the small engines and full-scale engine production should begin in 2-3 months,” said Mr Mollo. Indications are that the 1.3-litre diesel engines on the first 50 Palio Stiles will be imported from Italy.
Fiat is funny. They are going to launch 1.3mjd on march 11, but wont start full scale prod till another 3 months.

also they will import first 50 engines from italy. So dont you think its a good idea to buy now so u get a imported engine manufactured in a tried and tested plant rather than a engine from a new plant?
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:40   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
So dont you think its a good idea to buy now so u get a imported engine manufactured in a tried and tested plant rather than a engine from a new plant?
Certainly yes, butttttt what if they revise the price later when their plant starts here?
Old 23rd February 2008, 19:56   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
I doubt FIAT will make such a move... and even if they launch the Palio Stile with the imported 1.3MJD, they certainly won't absorb the burdern of import duties...they will pass it on to the customer of course. FIAT startegy in the past has shown us that! I also don't undretsand the urgency of importing the 1.3MJD, cause they could have done that at least a year back!
Just inquisitive: - what are the import duty rates for (CKD's). Also in this case do engine components have a different duty rate?
Old 23rd February 2008, 20:15   #479
LLL
BHPian

Well, i guess price for an imported engine has to be same as price of a local engine. If they charge a premium on imported engine or pass on import duties, then why would anyone buy it? So effectively, launch will be after 2-3 months when full prod starts.
Old 23rd February 2008, 20:34   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Certainly yes, butttttt what if they revise the price later when their plant starts here?
A downward revision of price will not happen UNLESS the car flops :(
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks