Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 06:07   #571
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
so what is the harm if it is continued with a new diesel heart?
Harm?
Ermmm.... ... ... It is such a bad eye sore to see 1 on the roads.

My latest Palio experience today was one of the worst ever in my automotive history. The car had one of the ugliest and noisy suspension. The gearbox made all the unwanted noises. Gear lever was so.... Out of place and kept on refusing to go into the right gears. And most of the car felt ready to fall apart. All this in a 1.2 Palio which is just 4years old. The car has done close to 60k on odo.
The owner of this car also owns a Tata Indica V2 DLS which has done close to 90k but is far better in condition and roadworthy than it's FiAT counterpart. Both the cars are treated in the same way but somehow the FiAT one comes back from the service station with almost every problem it went in with due to lack of spares or high costs.

To be very frank, I expect FiAT to stop this car as soon as possible. Bring on the Punto or whatever. But please! Save us from Palio.
Old 7th March 2008, 06:53   #572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Harm?
Ermmm.... ... ... It is such a bad eye sore to see 1 on the roads.

My latest Palio experience today was one of the worst ever in my automotive history. The car had one of the ugliest and noisy suspension. The gearbox made all the unwanted noises. Gear lever was so.... Out of place and kept on refusing to go into the right gears. And most of the car felt ready to fall apart. All this in a 1.2 Palio which is just 4years old. The car has done close to 60k on odo.
The owner of this car also owns a Tata Indica V2 DLS which has done close to 90k but is far better in condition and roadworthy than it's FiAT counterpart. Both the cars are treated in the same way but somehow the FiAT one comes back from the service station with almost every problem it went in with due to lack of spares or high costs.

To be very frank, I expect FiAT to stop this car as soon as possible. Bring on the Punto or whatever. But please! Save us from Palio.
IMO this is the first time ever i am hearing such a feedback on the Palio. Or may be you can even do a search in the TBHP forum to find a Palio being rated really bad for the build quality. May be if it was a Swift or any product from MSIL i would find it easy to beleive. My Personal experience with the Palio is the 1.2 ELX PS which is a 2001 model and my friend owns it now, mileage is around 70K+, managed out of too many accidents in the city and still going strong. He has the perfect ICE setup and it dint rattle like the crappy built cars which is a very basic example of its build quality. For a 7 year old vehicle that is something amazing. And he did the ICE setup just 6 months back.

Having seen such a toughly built & roughly used Palio with me i doubt the authenticity of the experience you have talked about your friend's car. I will post the pictures of my friends car, may be you can do the same and see what you friend has actually done to make a Palio whine!
Old 7th March 2008, 07:46   #573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post

The Palio package has Build quality, Ride comfort, handling, Space, Looks etc, so what is the harm if it is continued with a new diesel heart?
This is where it will lose points.

Quote:

Maybe it was badly maintained. And we taking about someone from Cochin?
Old 7th March 2008, 08:14   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...FiAT one comes back from the service station with almost every problem it went in with due to lack of spares or high costs.

shouldnt something be done about the service and not the car per say?
Old 7th March 2008, 08:19   #575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Maybe it was badly maintained. And we taking about someone from Cochin?
Yes. The car was not maintained well (remember the high cost factor and lack of spares hint in my earlier post). But so was the Indica. It wasn't taken care much.

Not in Cochin but it comes often. Keep track of my location.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:52   #576
Senior - BHPian

A palio stile i know of got T-bone'd and the door completely mangled.
When taken to the Fiat service centre(not Tata-Fiat,mind you), the door which was suggested to be replaced with a new door by the insurance surveyor was repaired, not replaced.
WHY?
Because they dont have spares!

I feel very sorry for those who're gonna buy fiat CBUs like the Bravo and the 500.
Pathetic company in India.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:52   #577
BHPian

Dropped in at Pandit Automotives (Tata Motors' Dealer) on my way back to office.

Such is the sorry state of affairs as far as information on Palio MJD is concerned, that half of the sales staff did not know a thing about the car and totally confused it with GP.

The other half, who had atleast heard about 1.3 MJD, said it will be launched in 'next few' months, but definitely not on 11th.

Any insider info/update, now that the 'widely anticipated' launch date is only 4 days away?
Old 7th March 2008, 15:43   #578
rkg
Senior - BHPian

as far as i remember TATA will sell only FIAT petrol cars from it's showrooms. for FIAT diesels it is FIAT's own dealer network will be selling.
Old 7th March 2008, 15:59   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
as far as i remember TATA will sell only FIAT petrol cars from it's showrooms. for FIAT diesels it is FIAT's own dealer network will be selling.
There has to be an initial set up from Fiat to handle their cars....the dealership with TATA is not at all fruitful for a car like FIAT...the dealers are almost least bothered about the sales of Fiat from their garage...

Wake up FIAT ...try to atleast set up a minimal arrangement for your sales.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:08   #580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
AFAIK, Tata handles distribution of all FIAT cars no matter petrol/ Diesel type. Though FIAT at present has no diesel variants in the current Line-up. The 1.9D Palio is defunct now, have no idea about Adventure and Petra though. Also Fiat delaerships here, have changed to GM/ Maruti or have closed down, only FIAT-TATA now.
Old 7th March 2008, 16:57   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post
Dropped in at Pandit Automotives (Tata Motors' Dealer) on my way back to office.

Such is the sorry state of affairs as far as information on Palio MJD is concerned, that half of the sales staff did not know a thing about the car and totally confused it with GP.

The other half, who had atleast heard about 1.3 MJD, said it will be launched in 'next few' months, but definitely not on 11th.

Any insider info/update, now that the 'widely anticipated' launch date is only 4 days away?
These TATA guys are screwing up the FIAT image further down the corner. Infact they are never interested in selling fiat cars. Just give them a MJD in Indica and they'll go ga ga over it. Sir ji what a car...you test drive it A TATA Product!!!
Old 7th March 2008, 18:43   #582
BHPian

just called up both Manipal and also Prerana in Bangalore, they have no clue about the Palio MJD
Old 7th March 2008, 20:05   #583
Senior - BHPian

What a sh**...... TATA dealers are doing this intentionally (May be higher Indica margins) OR FIAT is going screw their 4000 cr..... God bless FIAT....
Old 7th March 2008, 20:16   #584
BHPian

No clues how come the FIAT CEO himself announced in the media as well for 11 March launch and here the Dealers even have no clues about Palio MJD. Just playing with bunch of perspective buyers sentiments. Real bad.
Old 7th March 2008, 22:43   #585
Senior - BHPian

All this is not surprising and I would not blame Tata for it. I waited for the, then, Palio Adventure for 6 months in Kolkata, when it was still being sold elsewhere. Kolkata at that time did not have a dealer, the dealer mentioned on Fiat website, was very vocal against Fiat and warned me against it, informing that they have moved on to Mahindra. The dealership that someone was opening up for Fiat (Vahan automobiles) was not finalised and Fiat India asked me to wait. Since then countless e-mails/phone calls were made. The first of those phone calls to the propreitor took him by surprise. In the end, I had to settle for Ford, because, let alone the Adventure, I could not even envisage them being able to sell me the, then, recently launched Petra.

All this time, phone calls to a neighbouring state dealer wasn't even answered all the time, best still, I was asked "adventure what?"

Last edited by 1100D : 7th March 2008 at 22:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks