Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 14:02   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma View Post
hello all
guys i went to the fiat/tata showroom at charni road (mumbai).
enquired about the stile 1.3MJD (of its pending arrival anyway), the guys there didnt have a clue as to what i was talking about.
has anyone got official news from a showroom etc that the 1.3MJD is actually gonna be mated with the stile body? and if so what time period have you been told.
There is no official info about palio 1.3 JTD yet, the plans are only for Punto and Linea....
Old 18th December 2007, 15:34   #47
BHPian

I guess Tata's marketing team have a lot more than they can chew for next year, unless they chop a few variants on Indica, they will find it hard to price the X1 , the 1.3 stile , the Indigo compact, GP, the new Indigo and then the Linea

My guess would be

Linea = Optra/Corolla (lower end)
New Indigo = City/Fiesta/Aveo/SX4
GP = Fabia /Getz
Indigo compact - Swift sedan/Ikon/Logan (lower end)
X1 & 1.3 MJD < Swift diesel
Indica current gen
1-lakh car
Old 18th December 2007, 15:50   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
There is no official info about palio 1.3 JTD yet, the plans are only for Punto and Linea....
Autocar had mentioned that 1.3 JTD Palio was on the way. Only need to see how will Tata price it against X1 JTD. Maybe they will stop the current Indica and let Palio fill the gap. Indica may be kept only for Taxi operators
Old 18th December 2007, 15:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Maybe they will stop the current Indica and let Palio fill the gap. Indica may be kept only for Taxi operators
Why would they do that?

With Palio, they are supposedly handling only the sales and service aspect, meaning only a portion of the total sales revenue would accrue to them.
Indica, on the other hand, is their own product whose sales would be directly impacting Tata's topline. Moreover, Tata wouldn't have put in so much effort on the X1 development only to serve the Taxi segment. .
Old 31st December 2007, 16:24   #50
BHPian

1.3 DDis is a 75BHP engine, and the same kinda engine will be placed in Palio 1.3 with some minor tweaks.

There is an another variant of 1.3 90BHP, thats comes in GP, or may be in top end Palio though.

There are may other engine options for GP, aint sure if they release 1.5, 1.8 versions in India.
Old 31st December 2007, 18:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are may other engine options for GP, aint sure if they release 1.5, 1.8 versions in India.
There is no 1.5 or 1.8 engine in diesel AFAIK, the GP is surely going to get the 1.3 Multi Jet Engine and not the 1.9 MJD.
Old 31st December 2007, 23:33   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
Maybe they will stop the current Indica and let Palio fill the gap. Indica may be kept only for Taxi operators
Why would TATA kill its own bread-winner?
Old 1st January 2008, 06:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Because thats a Swift and thats a Maruti so it can be priced that much. For the Palio Diesel, anything above 5L OTR will kill the product, trust me.

Nobody has trust in Fiat and nobody will want to pay premium. I was looking to buy a GP, but poor resale value of Fiat cars has made me stick with Swift Petrol.

And Fabia, Getz, GP whatever launches for whatever price, Swift Diesel will always be un affected and make my words for that.

Thats 4 years delay, by that time the New GP should have arrived, why are Fiat so slow man
I think thats your perspective that Maruti can sell at premium and not other companies. Anyways most Maruti products are well priced.

I think that most cars in Indian are selling at what price they actually deserve.

For me if a Palio D is quicker by half a second than the Swift, I will buy palio. (keeping in mind other things like the top speed, interior, handling as well)
Old 1st January 2008, 21:14   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesri1981 View Post
I think thats your perspective that Maruti can sell at premium and not other companies.
Not all companies, but FIAT cant afford to price it at a premium now.

Which is good for the buyers though!
Old 1st January 2008, 22:28   #55
BHPian

IMHO, the Palio Stile is one of the most VFM buys out there now. Would expect the diesel to continue the same trend. I would expect it to be priced around the 5L mark.
Old 1st January 2008, 22:52   #56
BHPian

Palio Diesel 1.3 Multi Jet

Palio 1.3 Multijet would be priced at 4.6 lacs delhi.
Top model of the car would be around 4.85 lacs delhi.
Old 2nd January 2008, 04:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not all companies, but FIAT cant afford to price it at a premium now.

Which is good for the buyers though!
Yeah, actually Fiat is selling at a lower price than what their cars deserve, because of the kind of name they have good or bad.
Old 2nd January 2008, 05:17   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@anupam - Is that pricing the dealer/Fiat pricing or speculative figures?

According to ACI in a Interview with a Fiat official, the Palio 1.3 is coming for sure in the next few months with an all new Palio expected in 2010.
However, would the engine be tuned for 75BHP (I read that somewhere) or 68BHP?
Old 2nd January 2008, 11:21   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think thats your perspective that Maruti can sell at premium and not other companies.
No, its not only Maruti but even Honda, Toyota, Skoda cars which are overpriced, and trust me the Swift is overpriced for what it offers, heck even the roof has no sought of damping, and during monsoons the noise of the rain is like stones dropping on your roof

Quote:
For me if a Palio D is quicker by half a second than the Swift, I will buy palio. (keeping in mind other things like the top speed, interior, handling as well)
I seriously doubt Palio will be quicker since it weighs a bit more then the Swift, interiors of the Palio are well you know how and handling of the Swift is much better then cars twice its price. Only way the Palio will be faster if Fiat gives it 90bhp engine with VGT, which i doubt they will, since they plan to price it competively.
Old 2nd January 2008, 12:57   #60
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know this that there's no roof damping on Swift!!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks