Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 11:10   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
if the palio does not get the ABS and airbags then there is no way that fiat can caputer the market and make a dent to swift sales. wonder why fiat is doing this to the good old palio.
You can't be serious about the Airbag and ABS thingie?
Old 28th January 2008, 18:11   #272

Atleast ABS

One fault in new Palio Multijet, we Indians are ready to give a bad name for Fiat. So, to overcome this they should provide ABS atleast. Already there is a talk that palio mjd comes with the same old dashboard, so here everybody starts saying cheap plastics are been used for interiors. ABS could bring a positive side for Palio MJD.
Old 28th January 2008, 19:05   #273
BHPian

Buddy, i had one major accident where in a truck suddenly appeared on the main road and if i had ABS for sure i would have missed ramming my car into the side of the truck. forget airbags, but ABS is something that should be provided
Old 28th January 2008, 20:12   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi4032 View Post
One fault in new Palio Multijet, we Indians are ready to give a bad name for Fiat. So, to overcome this they should provide ABS atleast. Already there is a talk that palio mjd comes with the same old dashboard, so here everybody starts saying cheap plastics are been used for interiors. ABS could bring a positive side for Palio MJD.
We are not giving bad name to Fiat. Fiat is proving it again and again. They have been taking customers for a ride in terms of service. In any industry, maintenance takes at least equal important to development if not more. But Fiat tend to forget their customers once thing is sold.

Coming to cheap plastics as claimed by many, Guys are asking for too much. You can not get a heaven for the price of below 4.5 Lacs (1.6 Stile). This is really surprising that guys want the vehicle price to be below Swift and every thing provided (ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Build quality, ride comfort) with the price. When they were provided (ABS, Airbags) no one purchased a Fiat.

-BSR
Old 28th January 2008, 21:18   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Buddy, i had one major accident where in a truck suddenly appeared on the main road and if i had ABS for sure i would have missed ramming my car into the side of the truck. forget airbags, but ABS is something that should be provided
I am not talking about the virtue of ABS but the speculations that FIAT wont be able to capture the market and dent swift sales if they dont provide ABS.
I hardly get to see swift with ABS. We are still very ignorant about safety.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:20   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
Coming to cheap plastics as claimed by many, Guys are asking for too much. You can not get a heaven for the price of below 4.5 Lacs (1.6 Stile). This is really surprising that guys want the vehicle price to be below Swift and every thing provided (ABS, Airbags, Alloys, Build quality, ride comfort) with the price. When they were provided (ABS, Airbags) no one purchased a Fiat.

-BSR
Exactly and even then the plastic quality is still better than Swift atleast. Frankly I prefer my Palio interiors to Swift VXi's anyday.
Old 28th January 2008, 21:32   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if the palio does not get the ABS and airbags then there is no way that fiat can caputer the market and make a dent to swift sales. wonder why fiat is doing this to the good old palio.
Why is that?

If the top end 1.3mjd is offered sans ABS/air bags for 5.5L OTR then without doubt its solid VFM compared to the Swift VDi.

Anyhow there's a very small number of VDi ABS anyway so I dont see why the ABS will be such a big issue to 95% of the consumers.

People will be more worried about mileage and service
Old 28th January 2008, 21:38   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
People will be more worried about mileage and
service
Mileage of Palio MJD should be pretty good, at par with Swift Ddis.

Service depends on the ASC.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:51   #279
Team-BHP Support

finally price matters, if they place it close to swift or less, palio will sell !! if more by 30-40 k, then it will be a bummer for sure.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:58   #280
BHPian

I think they should actually price it lesser than swift , atleast till they can sustain some decent sales volumes. Then maybe they can price it the same as swift but provide quicker deliveries.

People should have an incentive to choose fiat, be it price / delivery times etc. Maruti has good service network and fiat will take a few years to catch up if things go well.

To offset the advantage Maruti has, fiat should do something if they want to compete in the same segment as Swift DDIS.

S0uljah> I think people not opting for ABS has got more to do with companies being unable to supply ABS cars in a timely manner. I would say that the companies must take atleast 50% of the blame.
Old 29th January 2008, 01:20   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am not talking about the virtue of ABS but the speculations that FIAT wont be able to capture the market and dent swift sales if they dont provide ABS.
I hardly get to see swift with ABS. We are still very ignorant about safety.
Yes. Swift with ABS is only a minority. We still are very ignorant about safety.

However, people buying Palio are not too ignorant. They buy it for the car, its features and VFM, and not because everybody else is buying it. So, it could make a difference. Hope FIAT is listening.
Old 29th January 2008, 01:29   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Mileage of Palio MJD should be pretty good, at par with Swift Ddis.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
finally price matters, if they place it close to swift or less, palio will sell !! if more by 30-40 k, then it will be a bummer for sure.
No way anyone besides Maruti can fleece customers like us of a premium of 30-40k, I doubt Fiat will make the grave mistake of pricing above Swift VDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrnsss View Post
S0uljah> I think people not opting for ABS has got more to do with companies being unable to supply ABS cars in a timely manner. I would say that the companies must take atleast 50% of the blame.
Sir I guess to a large extent you mean MSIL.

VXI + ABS was never really an issue and I remember being alloted a car in under a fortnight. Its only with the diesel production line that Maruti faltered.

Also dont you think if 50% of the consumers put pressure on the manufacturers then they would feel the heat and introduce it?

More than once I have been questioned and ridiculed regarding the premium for an ABS kit.

If the manufacturer does provide it for 20k then why not go for it? I see a lot of people opting out of it given the choice to save the $ and I dont blame them. Just saying.

It is one of the reasons I turned down the Getz-CRDi even after being given a preferential allotment.

Guess we are way O/T

Last edited by s0uljah : 29th January 2008 at 01:32. Reason: quotes
Old 29th January 2008, 09:07   #283
Senior - BHPian

If Palio upper end model is priced below Swift VDI (Without ABS and Airbags) by a margin of 20-30K, people will think of buying Palio instead of waiting for Swift for more than a month.. Indian Common man is still curious about fuel economy and price more than airbags and ABS.. I still see people happily buying Maruti Omni (I am not criticizing it..) and running it on highways at 90 KMPH.. So safety is the least interested area of a common man...

With TATA's service network (Which every other man thinks is as good as Maruti) will happily buy Palio... If we see with the same trim level Palio MJD is any day a better product than Swift...
Old 29th January 2008, 10:49   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Exactly and even then the plastic quality is still better than Swift atleast. Frankly I prefer my Palio interiors to Swift VXi's anyday.
I second this opinion. Palio's plastic shine may not be that of swift, it is very durable. Even Autocar says, that dashboard is built to last and it's sheen looses. So what, apply a shine spray, you get the look of brand new dashboard. All the controls are kept in a way that is ergonomic to the driver.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:54   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quite a few people who dont have much idea or interest in cars will say that Fiat has taken Marutis DDIS engine

Quote:
If we see with the same trim level Palio MJD is any day a better product than Swift
How is Palio better? In which way, Can you please elaborate. AFAIK, the Swift handles way better then the Palio, the Swift looks way better too, the A.S.S service of the Swift is way ahead, plus the Swift is a newer product = latesth & not to mention it sells 20 times more then Fiats Palio sells per month.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks