I definitely agree with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
3. Spares being cheaper
I am not too sure about this though.
Quote:
4. Less maintenance costs
In 3 years, I have just changed one AC thermo stat in Palio 1.2. Even that was not required, but service guys did that.
Quote:
5. FE
In my 1.2, I am getting 13.5 KMPL in city conditions with 100% AC. How much is difference between the two, 0.5 KMPL?
Quote:
6. Safety (Zxi vs 1.6)
How much do you need to pay for Swift Zxi? How much are you paying for 1.6? And more importantly, how many Zxis were sold till now?
Old 31st January 2008, 08:42   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
In 3 years, I have just changed one AC thermo stat in Palio 1.2. Even that was not required, but service guys did that.
I second that. hardly had to change any spares in my 5+ year old 1.2 ELX. Spares may be expensive - but its not as bad as you think coz u hardly need to change them - unless of course you are accident prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rao_battula View Post
In my 1.2, I am getting 13.5 KMPL in city conditions with 100% AC. How much is difference between the two, 0.5 KMPL?
I don't think thats the typical FE. I know people who are driving Pailos and most of them are getting 10-11 in Bangalore traffic. I get close to 11 in city with AC 50% and ~15 in highway with 100% AC. There might be some slight improvement in NV versions and maybe a reasonable improvement with 1.1 stile.

Again it depends a lot on what the traffic conditions are - i drive in congested roads such as airport road and inner ring road in Bangalore and spent a lot of time in signals
Old 31st January 2008, 11:56   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post

I don't think thats the typical FE. I know people who are driving Pailos and most of them are getting 10-11 in Bangalore traffic. I get close to 11 in city with AC 50% and ~15 in highway with 100% AC. There might be some slight improvement in NV versions and maybe a reasonable improvement with 1.1 stile.

Again it depends a lot on what the traffic conditions are - i drive in congested roads such as airport road and inner ring road in Bangalore and spent a lot of time in signals
I know. I have 2 friends of mine who owns a Swift Petrol and runs in similar conditions. They get mileage some where around 14 KMPL. That is the reason I have mentioned my mileage.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:11   #334
Senior - BHPian

Inquiry with BU Bhandari - Pune

Hi was inquiring with BU Bhandari about Palio 1.6 and the discounts, where I thought about asking the launch of Palio MultiJet & its pricing. the answers were very surprising.
1. He said there has been no intimation received from FIAT on this.
2. It might be launched in coming 2 - 3 months.
3. That he knows FIAT had displayed the Palio MJD in AutoExpo but that wasn't Palio MJD, it was Palio Stile Petrol & FIAT had put the MJD plate on it. !!
4. It will be priced near to the Swift Diesel. (I dont see it selling so well if priced near to Swift Diesel, considering FIAT After sales Service, which is not yet upto the mark, & the resale value which FIAT cars fetch in the market)
Now, What to say & think.
He might be right, considering the fact that there are no announcements on this on the FIAT website. So lets see how much time FIAT keeps us waiting for the clarity on Palio MJD.
Old 31st January 2008, 15:32   #335
Senior - BHPian

Hi was inquiring with BU Bhandari about Palio 1.6 and the discounts, where I thought about asking the launch of Palio MultiJet & its pricing. the answers were very surprising.
1. He said there has been no intimation received from FIAT on this.
2. It might be launched in coming 2 - 3 months.
3. That he knows FIAT had displayed the Palio MJD in AutoExpo but that wasn't Palio MJD, it was Palio Stile Petrol & FIAT had put the MJD plate on it. !!
4. It will be priced near to the Swift Diesel. (I dont see it selling so well if priced near to Swift Diesel, considering FIAT After sales Service, which is not yet upto the mark, & the resale value which FIAT cars fetch in the market)
Now, What to say & think.
He might be right, considering the fact that there are no announcements on this on the FIAT website. So lets see how much time FIAT keeps us waiting for the clarity on Palio MJD.
Old 31st January 2008, 16:32   #336
BHPian

I was looking for a used Palio GTX or 1.6 Sport as a car for wifey. Havent had much luck. But ever since the announcement of the impending arrival of 1.3 MJD, I have put my buying plans on hold. Only GOD and FIAT know when the MJD will be out in the market!

Anyone on the forum who has a relative/friend working for FIAT? They might have a clearer picture. Dealers can at best speculate or pretend to be ignorant!
Old 31st January 2008, 16:56   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
This may not be true. BSM had a test ride in Palio MJD which looks like stile. You can check Jan'08 version for more details.
Old 31st January 2008, 17:13   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bull****.... see here the engine cover clearly says Multijet!
» PALIO 1.3 MULTIJET @ AUTO EXPO Cubic Capacity: Indian Automobile arena..cars..bikes & everything AUTO
Old 31st January 2008, 21:25   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
it was Palio Stile Petrol & FIAT had put the MJD plate on it. !!
Pure lie, he just said it to divert your attention to whats available now. The underbonnet picture clearly reveals a different engine (even without the Multijet badging).
Old 1st February 2008, 12:37   #340
Senior - BHPian

Day before yesterday i had been to VST Motors, Chennai to book a Palio 1.6 Sport for ma friend on exchange of his Ikon. The dealer gave me a surprise stating that the stocks are closed and they are awaiting the stocks of the 2008 Model. He gave me info that the stocks would arrive only by the first week of Feb and they would start releasing the vehicles after 2 weeks. So he was promising the delivery towards the mid of February!

He dint have an idea about what's new in the 2008 Model of Palio and also dint have an idea about the Palio Diesel. (He did probably lie to us)
I am guessing the Palio MJD should be out by sometime in the mid of February!
Old 1st February 2008, 14:16   #341
BHPian

Any change in looks from palio stile 1.6 sport?... I guess the bumper is slightly different... Has anybody posted pics from AutoExpo... Somebody give me the url of it.. Tried searching a lot, but was not successful...

-----------
Also i saw one black palio stile couiple of days back, which had a different kinda back lights... but what got me confused was when i saw the SLX on the back..!... only stile sport comes in black...
Old 1st February 2008, 14:22   #342
Senior - BHPian

Looks wise, Palio MJD is same a Palio Stile Sport with some minor additions like Rear Spoiler etc.

You can see Palio MJD on display at Auto Expo in the link posted by extreme_torque above.
Old 1st February 2008, 17:59   #343
BHPian

Reply from Tata/Fiat

I had sent a mail to FIAT/Tata from Fiat site:

1) I had gone for test drive of Palio 1.6. I was offerred a customer car for TD. Why not have specially marked TD cars with dealers? Prospective customers will wonder whether their cars will be used for TD.
2) When is Palio MJD 1.3 expected? Why not put Palio 1.3 info on web site

The reply is from [Jaldeep Virani022 - 6656 1909
Thank you for your interest in Fiat cars and also your valuable feedback. We will certainly look into it.
We are planning to launch Palio Stile Multijet Diesel in near future and you can safely expect this car to hit the roads by March. We will surely contact you once we launch it
Please feel free to write to us anytime

Last edited by cartech : 1st February 2008 at 18:03. Reason: Removing Tags
Old 1st February 2008, 22:56   #344

Message from Fiat India

I want some details regarding about Fiat Palio Multijet.
When this car is going to roll out in showrooms???
Is this car comes with ABS and airbags???
What could be the price of base and top end version???

Reply form VIRANI JALDEEP P [Brand Executive(Fiat) , Mumbai PCBU , Mumbai ]

Thank you for your interest in Palio Stile. We are launching Palio Stile Multijet Diesel by March this year. We can not comment at this juncture on the prices or expected features of the car. I would like to request you to wait till the commercial launch of the car.
Old 4th February 2008, 13:43   #345

Fiat kicks off new branding strategy in India

In today's ET , there's an article on Fiat's re-branding strategy and also pricing news on Fiat Palio 1.3

"The company has also lined up a host of new launches for this year across various segments. Around March, it plans to launch the Palio Stile with the 1.3-litre multijet diesel engine. Sources said it will be very competitively priced vis-a-vis the Swift diesel, the other hot hatch that also uses the same engine"

I am eagerly awaiting this launch to finalise my buying plans
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks