Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2008, 13:43   #601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by choombak View Post
Got to know from a Fiat source that 1.3 MJD will be launched in Mumbai on 11th March 2008, and TD cars will be available at dealerships' from 12th March onwards. :-)
Thats real welcome/good news.
Hope the vehicle lives up to its expectations and is priced competitively.
Eagerly awaiting this car to be available in Bangalore, think will be some time.
Old 10th March 2008, 13:51   #602
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Is it not late? The promise was made for sometime last year.

This part of your post explains and answers the other part of your post buddie!

I think, it's the way one looks at it. According to me, people who like FiAT take each and every post against FiAT very personally and tries to defend it. And most of the time, it ends up going overboard. Meaow..... .... mooaw... .... and then suddenly.... dishum... .... dishum! LOL! Just chill pill guys! This is afterall, a public forum where everybody is welcome to post what they feel about a certain vehicle/brand/manufacturer.
This doesn't mean that people like me who loves some other brands are not on the wrong side sometimes. Myself, I take the blame for going overboard sometimes in attacking the brands I don't like. But that's how it is na! :The key is to not loose self control and turn posts into personal attacks. This has been explained very beautifully in the rules and regulations of this forum. And remember! The moderators are already overworked and last thing they want is another fight.
Let's keep having healthy debates which may help us all and not get into catfights every now and then. Can't we?
Help me figure out where it has turned out to be a personal attack

It looks like Extreme_Torque has infact agreed to your post and he has posted his views. I feel the truth is the otherway round!
Old 10th March 2008, 14:55   #603
Senior - BHPian

Zak, It would be good if you can stop nitpicking Fiat and its cars!
At times, it is very disgusting to read your anti-Fiat posts here!

If you don't like Fiat & their cars, please don't buy one, you deserve a Maruti, and if you happen to see a Fiat car & is a sore sight for you, please close your eyes!

Live and let Live!
Old 10th March 2008, 15:17   #604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it not late? The promise was made for sometime last year.
Can you tell me when? Any official word from FIAT on this or was it speculation that everybody though was 'true'?
Old 10th March 2008, 15:38   #605
Senior - BHPian

41 pages and 604 posts - and not news of a TD/ spy pics or details .
Old 10th March 2008, 15:54   #606
BANNED

There goes! The reply I posted after Mr. Extreme's quote was in response to the query that why is it that it always FiAT takes beating when it comes to delayed launch and it is FiAT which is blamed most.
There's nothing personal in it Baba!

Regarding the last year's promise; Please read thru the thread posted by Busa regarding the Palio 1.3 MJD coming this year end. Then there were claims of it being launched at the AutoExpo. Am I wrong?

Nice to read something from your side, Finney. But sad that it's too personal (as it is, usually). If I think a car is bad, I should keep my mouth shut? Just because it's a FiAT? Sorry! I don't take it that way. I don't take it personal when somebody claims that the upcoming Swift Dezire is one of the most ugliest car. That is his opinion about that car. Respect it!
This is where you loose it. Learn to accept criticism and respect it.

As it turns out to be a very dry post, let me fire it up a bit.
Quote:
Live and let live!
If I close my eyes when I see a FiAT Palio, how would I be alive Baba?
(Oops! I forgot, they're so rare na!) LOL!

BTW, coming back to the point. Hope this is the last day anyone complains about a Palio 1.3l MJD. I wish it all the success! But...... ...... ....... ....... Huh... There I go! ROFLMAO!
Old 10th March 2008, 16:20   #607
Senior - BHPian

guys, can we please take this Fiat bashing/defending to PMs, if not stop it completely!.

its getting kinda sickening to see this on every thread remotely related to Fiat. please grow up

no offense!
Old 10th March 2008, 16:22   #608
Senior - BHPian

First: Request you to use modest language while posting as the TBHP forum is visited by a lot of Guest Visitors and this would leave a sour taste at the end.

Quote:
Regarding the last year's promise; Please read thru the thread posted by Busa regarding the Palio 1.3 MJD coming this year end. Then there were claims of it being launched at the AutoExpo. Am I wrong?
I beleive there was no communication from Fiat about the launch of the MJD and it was PURE SPECULATION. If you fall for speculation then there is nobody to blame except YOU.

Quote:
Nice to read something from your side, Finney. But sad that it's too personal (as it is, usually). If I think a car is bad, I should keep my mouth shut? Just because it's a FiAT? Sorry! I don't take it that way. I don't take it personal when somebody claims that the upcoming Swift Dezire is one of the most ugliest car. That is his opinion about that car. Respect it!
Zak, I can point lot of posts from you against Fiat cars which are baseless. Infact i had requested for pictures of the vehicle of your friend's which you claimed to possess build quality worse than a Indica. Post genuine reviews or comments which will useful rather than offending or causing ridicule.

Quote:
(Oops! I forgot, they're so rare na!) LOL
BTW, coming back to the point. Hope this is the last day anyone complains about a Palio 1.3l MJD. I wish it all the success! But...... ...... ....... ....... Huh... There I go! ROFLMAO!
Dude, dont forget that everytime you fire up the engine in your Swift DDiS, the obsolute fun with the Torque and the FE is all got from a FIAT engine. So you can do the ROFL in front of your car keeping the hood open!
Old 10th March 2008, 16:35   #609
BANNED

Will the Palio 1.3l MJD come with the same radiator as the one which came in the 1.9D?
Any idea regarding this?
Old 10th March 2008, 17:05   #610
Team-BHP Support

Note from mod: Ok guys please be civil here. Everybody has the right to opinion. And Speedzak, your opinion is respected, but please do not offer your opinion about fiat on every fiat thread. There have been threads in the past to discuss whether FIAT India has lost the plot. Such threads can be used to discuss general FIAT quality and such. This thread is about Fiat Palio MJD, so please stick as close to topic as possible, before this discussion becomes a senseless flame war
Old 10th March 2008, 17:54   #611
BHPian

1.3 Mjd first truck load to come by next week - Trivandrum

Last saturday I had called Kulathungal Motors in Trivandrum to inquire about the stile 1.3 mjd. The sales guy called me some time back and informed that the booking has started and the first lot is expected to arrive next week. I am waiting for a call from him again tomorrow. Hope to get some more information.

Cheers,
Venki.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:03   #612
Senior - BHPian

I had a word with A-one and Vivek Motors in delhi, the cars have already been dispatched and will be here in a weeks time. The official launch though is almost confirmed for tomorrow.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:07   #613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There goes! The reply I posted after Mr. Extreme's quote was in response to the query that why is it that it always FiAT takes beating when it comes to delayed launch and it is FiAT which is blamed most.
There's nothing personal in it Baba!

(Oops! I forgot, they're so rare na!) LOL!

Very Funny... but dont take the liberty of posting drivel in the name of opinion and then defend it saying you are entitled to yours.
Enuf Said.
Old 10th March 2008, 19:51   #614
Senior - BHPian

The interiors of the 1.3 MJD FiAT are as tacky (if not more) as the ones in the Palio now. That is going to be one SORE point. Also since the car is heavy, the diesel plant in the same state of tune as the Swift (right ?) is going to have problems carrying that weight around.

A slower car (compared to Swift I think) with interiors that havent changed since God knows when, with FIAT badging - will it sell ?

I have my doubts. FIAT better forget the Palio.

Start afresh - a 1.9 MJD Linea for 6.5 lacs - it will rock !
Old 10th March 2008, 20:19   #615
Team-BHP Support

Have to agree to NC's post, i think its high time Fiat moved out from the Palio fad. Unless they are going to offer a good revamp including interiors.

My point is, am a great fan of iKON 1.6, but if someone offers me the latest Crdxyz engine in it now i will not go for it, just for the engine sake. The design has aged and it has to move on for Cutomers sake!

Sorry to say though i love the car (Palio) per say, it will have a tough time being successful in this period of time. I would rather shelve out more and buy a Fabia.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks